• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Develop Se

wolfy

awsm
That's why I used to love drag racing and riding horses. It was really engaging and got me as present as I'll ever be.

What is it with ENFJ and horse back riding?

And drag racing...

4627951196_484afe3318.jpg

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Horses are mystic creatures. They're amazing in form, flight and fight. I feel sad for people who don't like horses or are afraid of them. They don't know what they're missing. My Quarter horse passed cars on the highway like they were sitting still. He was beautiful and a source of safety for me. I knew he would carry me quickly out of danger if something happened.

KDude

That sounds like something I need to do. I've lived in Texas the majority of my life, but unfortunately, I've never befriended anyone who owned horses. The best I've done is pony rides at the circus :D

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
That sounds like something I need to do. I've lived in Texas the majority of my life, but unfortunately, I've never befriended anyone who owned horses. The best I've done is pony rides at the circus :D

I live in Oklahoma and a lot of the rodeo guys would come through my old neighborhood and give the kids rides, I'd always get the one that would always have to poop every 8 feet. I had no idea you were in Texas.

KDude

Yeah, but San Antonio.. it's almost all urban/suburban, and all of the "cowboys" are of the neat Garth Brooks variety.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Just live. I think this idea of function force-development is silly. With age and experience comes development as a person overall, and the functions fall into place on their own as a natural result of this.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
You are just saying that because it's you're primary.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You are just saying that because it's you're primary.

Nah, I think the same thing about "Ti" and that's buried so deep in my brain, I think it would take 9 exorcisms to bring it out. If I'm supposed to "develop" it, then it will happen, though. I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it one way or another.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Just live. I think this idea of function force-development is silly. With age and experience comes development as a person overall, and the functions fall into place on their own as a natural result of this.

Says the sensor who lives in the sensor world. Many of the people on here are shut-ins who do the same shit day after day. As a result we don't get out and experience new things that would prompt those functions to develop.

Also, about half of us are judgers. We're creatures of habit. Same.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah, but San Antonio.. it's almost all urban/suburban, and all of the "cowboys" are of the neat Garth Brooks variety.

Same. I'd never even seen a horse until I was 12.

KDude

Nah, I think the same thing about "Ti" and that's buried so deep in my brain, I think it would take 9 exorcisms to bring it out. If I'm supposed to "develop" it, then it will happen, though. I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it one way or another.

I've pushed myself to get involved my entire life (unconsciously/ consciously). I still don't get in the moment and just live. :)

I am however probably better at some sensor like activities than sensors I know. Go figure. That's why I was the same type as you at one point. I can get good at certain "things", but never at Se. In my case, I feel like I'm deliberating a lot within my mind from moment-to-moment, when it comes to sports, a little socializing, etc. (whatever). It would seem to me that there is a more general direction to my actions between how sensors do it though.

If I were to take choices from the cognitiveprocesses test, it seems like SP's do this as a first choice.

Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment.

When it's quite nonexistent for me.

What I do is:

Ni:Transform yourself by focusing inward on a specific way you foresee you will need to be.

Depending on how far I'm getting, it's kind of boring too. I'm rarely satisfied in the moment for it's own sake. I don't think I can be. I need to get something out of it. I think it's a reason why NTJs and NFJs keep up with you guys though. They can still envision ways to be "sensor like", for a certain ends. I'm not sure how Ne does it.. I'm not sure if I'm INFP like I thought, because they tend to go for breadth and feel stimulated by the moment if it allows them to expand on new trains of thought. It's more open ended than either Si/Ni/Se.. but seems less inclined to make a choice (I'll have to think about where I fall there. I like floating off if I'm allowed to).

Ne:Weave into the current dynamics of a situation aspects of other, random contexts.

Sorry for the long post.. It's not necessarily directed towards you. I think it's impossible though for some people to ever truly be "Se" (or anything else they're not, for that matter).