• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Following the crowd, or leading it? -not an NF thing?-

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I lead if I need to. Though I normally let someone else lead if they are better suited, or it doesn't matter.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i only like to follow like i'm not being lead or lead like i'm not making people follow.

Penguin

MBTI Type
ENTP
in my group of friends I am always the leader, but for me its almost necessary, if I feel that some else is the leader I lose my entire interest.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I take control.

am_i_evil666

I like to lead. And i certainly don't like to follow the crowd, especially when the leader or the "crowd " is STUPID. I think I'm a pretty good leader, but it's hard for me to take decisions, but I usually want to take a decision that would make everyone happy....
I take the lead only when I care about I'm interested in the project or whatever it may be, or when there's no one else to do that. But sometimes, I'm happy that it's not me the one holding all the resposibilities.
:cheese:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don't follow the crowdl; I don't conform. I don't lead; i'm not a leader.

I wander through life with my eyes closed, but having my mind deeply set at my destination.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't follow, I don't lead. I influence, motivate, and initiate change.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I would say I'm more of a drifter just riding the waves.

Ever since I was little, unless I had to, I really disliked following. Really dislike it and I disliked followers, too. I didn't mind people following me, though, just not always and not too closely. I remember feeling suffocated with brownie scouts first time I attended the meeting. In fact, I walked away from it. Never joined. Could NOT stand (especially the badges). That was first grade. Most of my teenage years, I hung out with the rebels and found interest in the social outcasts (they fascinated me way more than the jocks did).

Now, i'm still the same. I do whatever I want. I wear whatever I want (appropriately, of course). I just live life the way I want to. And, if someone tries to get all controlling when the situation does not call for it, I rebel.

One thing I do find funny is, when most of my friends/family members and I are out and about, they're just as indecisive as I am, but i tend to be the one making the decisions in the end. I guess, because they trust my taste in things. Hehehe. Plus, they're a little more passive. lol

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
In my small group of friends, I have been said to be the leader. At least, this is what my INTP friend told me. And because of this I had some strange realization, that i'm always the one to be leading not only my friends but everything. (i.e. where my family goes, what we're going to eat, what we should do...etc.) I'm always the one making the decision, like everyone else is indecisive.(Wait is that even leading???) It only seems right for me to step into that type of spot since everyone else doesnt care, or doesnt know what to do.

And then when it comes to following the crowd, I completely turn away. It's like I dont care. If someones playing "follow the leader" I back away, or just dont care to participate. It's not like I have a problem with team work, I actually cant even do that - my I takes the best of me- but otherwise, I help and do what I can, but I notice when I'm not the person leading it, my interest is kind of just drifting.

This also surprised me because im such a easy-going, dont-really-care, whatever type of person. I dont mind following, it just ---Ok, it really sucks. but I can deal with it...

Do you tend to lead the crowd or are you just a drifter, kind of going with the flow?

I usually drift. I'm incredibly indecisive when it comes to choosing where to go or what to do becuase I'm generally okay with anything. I definitely think being able to determine and make the 'best' decisions defines the leader, but I tend to be around people who are also indecisive, so we're basically like a bunch of wandering livestock, or whatever.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In grade 9 I had to write a fairy tale with a girl in my class. I just said screw it, enjoy your weekend, and I wrote and illustrated it myself. I got 100%, and so did she :D

This was pretty much my experience in undergrad where we were split into groups and assigned a project. I usually ended up writing the whole paper--up to 60 pages or so--because I couldn't stand to see it done imperfectly.

For the most part, I work alone; it's easier for me than working with a team or following someone else, even if I respect her/him. My ESTJ roommate can't not lead and takes over everything except our home life, where I not only hold my own, but make most of the decisions. Though we're both very decisive (I think it's really a J thing rather than N or F), we don't butt heads that often.

Edit: I'm bad at practical, everyday things, like opening the mail, dealing with Medicaid/Medicare shit, so she does that, but it's not really a leadership role. I decide how we're going to spend our rare days together and if I feel her getting bossy, I generally raise my quills.:devil: