First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    We need to think very hard on what's important F wise first. Find who we really are.. Be slightly "Ji", and not divert oneself with every P factor that comes along. That's how you energize yourself, and not let N, details, comfort, other people, or mood get too much in the way. Our sense of productivity doesn't come about in a Te way, but in Fi, in a strong identification towards something. It can't be rushed either though

Also, what Vamp said makes sense. Exercise, nutrition, etc.. We are what we eat. I'm sure it makes a difference and I'm working on that myself.
    Excellent point there! Yes, Fi inspires me the most and pushes me the most. Everything else is just bleh.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    positive interactions with the external environment usually gives me a good amount of energy and optimism to make plans for the present and the future. and do some of the work to carry them out. but little things are exhausting to me, doesn't even matter what they are, the fact is they are nowhere near important enough to be influential on me. but it completely exhausts me to the point where i need a whole day of being in a comatose state to recover. or maybe that's a delusion, a bad habit.

i make plans but it takes me a lot longer to carry them out because i get sidetracked. when my emotions are high, i can do anything, get anything done. when my emotions are low, i don't do anything. it's a bad, bad pattern. to me what can be done today can always be done tomorrow. i know i have the energy if i really want it. i know i do. i have flipped my day around to do something i want even when i had worked 16 hrs straight but if i don't want to, i can't be bulged to move a finger.

i need to be more consistent and when i make a plan, i need to stick with it. it's like trying to control the weather; i never know if it's going to be sunny or rainy tomorrow. i love it when i am 'high', i see possibilities and options everywhere and i am making things happen. i would like to sustain that high for more than a few hours each day.

similar problems, anyone?
    Do you also find that the lower you are, the less capable you are of doing anything that might carry you higher? I'm suffering from what you describe and what I describe rather intensely lately...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Getting to know your personal (lack of) work habits is important. Once you know them you do can do things to trick yourself into being more productive. After a day at 'work' my personal projects can suffer because I can all too easily do absolutely nothing all evening. But If I tell myself I'm just going to do something for 30mins, that turns into 2 hours once I get moving.

Also, as mentioned above, health and food, and sleep, especially having adequate sleep is important on being able to be consistent. Also making allowances for the time you actually need to slack is important as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI

I found that it helps to give myself artificial deadlines, too... when I wrote the first draft of my novel, I did it over 5 months by having deadlines that I'd publish each 'episode' of the content on the 21st of each month. And... I did! After I stopped the deadlines, the work ethic died off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Has pomodoro technique been mentioned yet?