• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Questions for INFPs about INFPs

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
I just decided to start a general thread where questions can be asked of INFPs.

Also, what do you think of INFPglobalchatter? I'm especially interested in NFs who don't like INFPgc or else don't visit there for some other reason. What would need to change in order for you to make it a place you enjoyed posting at regularly?

Here is another question: What differences do you notice between INFPs?

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Discussions about INFPs can continue in this thread.

Discussions about INFPGlobalChatter have been moved here.

Carry on.

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
Here is another question: What differences do you notice between INFPs?

I think some are rowdier than others. :devil:
Some have less developed senses of humor, which can cause them to not only take things to heart, but then after the fact, they can't really get over it...

I think some infps are communists. :blush:
and others are anarchists. :yes:

Some are too darn silly and think everything is funny, while others take disagreement as a sign that the Antichrist has risen...

While I don't directly support the Antichrist, I would like to say I appreciate his right to exist. As an infp I support the underdog, and would like everyone to give the Antichrist a freakin break!

Unfortunately I have noticed these differences in the general public as well... So I have to say my typism is not really that great...

What can I say that is "typist"? I can't really. My function analysis and understanding of type and my personal attention span is just not there, and I am far too unable to objectively view the situation...

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, I'm an INFJ, but I'd like to answer. As of yet, I haven't really percieved the type. I mean, as Alienclock says, in Alienclock's illimitable and deceptively nebulous way (seek the sense within the soul, or the soul within the sense) there's a lot of diversity here. It might be easier to see the samenesses and differences in person. Perhaps I am too close to the question?

I'm getting a feel for INTP's tho.

Dufresne

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm an INFP and so is my dad. When he told me he was, I literally didn't believe him. I agree with Alienclock in that some are more serious than others. I am light-hearted and let things go, whereas my dad is very easily ticked off.

INFPs process all their information to find meaning in it, so I think INFPs might differ more than other groups because their personalities depend more on what they are exposed to.

R

RDF

FWIW I suspect INFPs aren't that good for each other, but I haven't known enough irl to be sure about that.

My wife and I are both INFPs. It was kind of rough at times in the first couple years. Not only did we get defensive pretty easily and quickly, but since our Feeling is introverted we often couldn't see when one of us was getting fed up. Arguments tended to come out of nowhere and be pretty bitter.

It took a while to work out our signals. We had to learn to give each other a lot of room to do our own things, and we had to learn to lay aside the defensiveness and just take it on faith that everything was going to work out in the end. Nowadays (after 7 1/2 years living together), everything's good. Lots of fun and interaction and love. We snap at each other once in a while, but we shrug it off just seconds later.

By the way, interactions between INFP friends work out fine. My wife and I used to get together with an INFP/ENFP couple, and the three of us INFPs were so low-key that we would literally nod off when visiting. It took the ENFP wife to make plans and get us on our feet to do something.

FL

R

RDF

I'm an INFP and so is my dad. When he told me he was, I literally didn't believe him. I agree with Alienclock in that some are more serious than others. I am light-hearted and let things go, whereas my dad is very easily ticked off.

INFPs process all their information to find meaning in it, so I think INFPs might differ more than other groups because their personalities depend more on what they are exposed to.

My wife is more placid than me and more likely to sulk when angry. I get nitpicky and controlling when angry or stressed.

But we're both pretty playful and easygoing otherwise.

FL

Alesia

MBTI Type
INFP
I think some are rowdier than others. :devil:
Some have less developed senses of humor, which can cause them to not only take things to heart, but then after the fact, they can't really get over it...

I think some infps are communists. :blush:
and others are anarchists. :yes:

Some are too darn silly and think everything is funny, while others take disagreement as a sign that the Antichrist has risen...

While I don't directly support the Antichrist, I would like to say I appreciate his right to exist. As an infp I support the underdog, and would like everyone to give the Antichrist a freakin break!

Unfortunately I have noticed these differences in the general public as well... So I have to say my typism is not really that great...

What can I say that is "typist"? I can't really. My function analysis and understanding of type and my personal attention span is just not there, and I am far too unable to objectively view the situation...

:rofl1:

Well, since I am INFP and, therefore have an unusual ability to sense these things, I predict the AntiChrist (and yes you should capitalize Christ :jesus: , you antiChrist Aliencock!:thelook: ) will be female.:angry:

And she will exist, oh yes she will. She will be the great WHORE and will fuck you all. :censored:

But then, is that necessarily a bad thing? I ask you? I mean whatever is antiChrist is just a subjective judgement call. And I think that INFPs most of all should realize that everything is subjective, after all.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
:rofl1:

Well, since I am INFP and, therefore have an unusual ability to sense these things, I predict the AntiChrist (and yes you should capitalize Christ :jesus: , you antiChrist Aliencock!:thelook: ) will be female.:angry:

And she will exist, oh yes she will. She will be the great WHORE and will fuck you all. :censored:

But then, is that necessarily a bad thing? I ask you? I mean whatever is antiChrist is just a subjective judgement call. And I think that INFPs most of all should realize that everything is subjective, after all.

wtf

Alesia

MBTI Type
INFP
lol
not what the f?
just f.
f is for feelings
and f is for fuckery.
this post makes no sense. Please delete. :D

Ha! wtf is exactly the point. The great orgy. Was I not clear in my post? :shock:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL to Alesia.

Yeah, my father and I are both INFP as well, we either work too well together or we grate against eachother like corse sandpaper. Worst (and most entertaining) part is when one starts getting angry, the other notices right away and takes it personally; this is noticed by the first, makes him feel worse and get more angry. This cycle continues till the actual biting of heads begins. These days we're a lot better at just talking when it starts instead of letting it heat up because there's really nothing we can hide from eachother anyway.

We're both slightly rebelious/anarchistic, him more than me; though he does hide it better than I do. He is also more sociable than me even though he can be the bigger nerd.

Edit: gah! never mind this. forgot this one went dead ><

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
GChatter is a good place. And to answer your question about the differences between INFPs, here is where I fit in. I don't relate to chunk of the descriptions of INFPs in general. I'm not fantasy prone, but I think about the future in realistic terms. I don't think of things as "good" or "evil", but right and wrong. I'm not spontaneous in any way and I can deal fine when I need to use logic. And once upon a time I worked diligently to become a lawyer. And I'm practical.

Here's some INFP descriptions I've found, but the stuff that's in bold does describes me.

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

INFP children often create their own fantasy world and live very much within it. They may daydream about what is important to them, and sometimes others wonder if they are in touch with reality. They often get lost in their thoughts and books, and may develop a special ability in communicating, such as writing. They are somewhat reserved, especially in new situations.

As I child I focused more on my friends and everything around me. I liked to build stuff, I liked using my hands. And I was a video game addict. We played the usually kid games outside (cops and robbers, built clubhouses, etc) and I never lived in my head, I didn't have a reason to be.

Any other INFP's experience this? Or am I just..whatever?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My dad is an INFP, and I am very very similar to him, except he likes physical things, like sports, playing drums, hunting, and he's always outdoors. I, myself, like doing physical things, but I tend to lean more towards internal things-reading, listening to music, using the computer more often. Could be the age difference, who knows.

Coincidentally, my little sister is an INFP too, and me and her are fairly close..she's a little more trendy then me, and she's big on ending global warming, going green, feeding the hungry, and all that stuff..which I'm not big on (I know, call me a bad person :p). She, also..I think, gets a little wrapped up on little things, that I wouldn't get caught up on..but that's minor.

My point? My point is that I think environmental factors influence us..obviously, and that types are meant as guidelines, and not something we should expect. Variation is universal, no two people of the same type are alike, in general.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My point? My point is that I think environmental factors influence us..obviously, and that types are meant as guidelines, and not something we should expect. Variation is universal, no two people of the same type are alike, in general.

Well said.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
As I child I focused more on my friends and everything around me. I liked to build stuff, I liked using my hands. And I was a video game addict. We played the usually kid games outside (cops and robbers, built clubhouses, etc) and I never lived in my head, I didn't have a reason to be.

Any other INFP's experience this? Or am I just..whatever?

Quietmusician- I was the same exact way..I was more ESFP'ish, when I was a young kid. What I've been thinking about lately is that, maybe...specifically, that people aren't naturally INFPs, but rather a similar type, and become INFPs, or whatever, due to stimuli in their lives..deaths, drastic changes, whatever. I have speculated this for a while, because most of the INFPs that I know have had something or another occur in their life that obviously would have changed them. And I know this may not happen to INFPs, but while we were talking about them, I used it as a classic example.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Thats very romantic and everything, but I disagree. Many people go through the same problems or drastic changes but react to them differently. Different types assess similar things differently.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thats very romantic and everything, but I disagree. Many people go through the same problems or drastic changes but react to them differently. Different types assess similar things differently.

Yeah, your right. I don't know what I was think, to be honest..I have different mind sets on things daily.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I believe I've heard that most INFPs have traumatic times in their youth. I don't know if we deal with more trauma as young people than others do. Seems childhood is difficult for many.

Perhaps the difference would be that we remember and are wounded more deeply than some of the other types because of our sensitive feelings. And in childhood we haven't yet developed the healthy defenses against them.

And being one of the minority types it's possible that we are less able to find mentors and similar friends to soothe us.