infp

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    wtf
    lol
    not what the f?
    just f.
    f is for feelings
    and f is for fuckery.
    this post makes no sense. Please delete.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    lol
    not what the f?
    just f.
    f is for feelings
    and f is for fuckery.
    this post makes no sense. Please delete.
    Ha! wtf is exactly the point. The great orgy. Was I not clear in my post?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

LOL to Alesia.

Yeah, my father and I are both INFP as well, we either work too well together or we grate against eachother like corse sandpaper. Worst (and most entertaining) part is when one starts getting angry, the other notices right away and takes it personally; this is noticed by the first, makes him feel worse and get more angry. This cycle continues till the actual biting of heads begins. These days we're a lot better at just talking when it starts instead of letting it heat up because there's really nothing we can hide from eachother anyway.

We're both slightly rebelious/anarchistic, him more than me; though he does hide it better than I do. He is also more sociable than me even though he can be the bigger nerd.

Edit: gah! never mind this. forgot this one went dead ><

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

GChatter is a good place. And to answer your question about the differences between INFPs, here is where I fit in. I don't relate to chunk of the descriptions of INFPs in general. I'm not fantasy prone, but I think about the future in realistic terms. I don't think of things as "good" or "evil", but right and wrong. I'm not spontaneous in any way and I can deal fine when I need to use logic. And once upon a time I worked diligently to become a lawyer. And I'm practical.

Here's some INFP descriptions I've found, but the stuff that's in bold does describes me.

creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

INFP children often create their own fantasy world and live very much within it. They may daydream about what is important to them, and sometimes others wonder if they are in touch with reality. They often get lost in their thoughts and books, and may develop a special ability in communicating, such as writing. They are somewhat reserved, especially in new situations.

As I child I focused more on my friends and everything around me. I liked to build stuff, I liked using my hands. And I was a video game addict. We played the usually kid games outside (cops and robbers, built clubhouses, etc) and I never lived in my head, I didn't have a reason to be.

Any other INFP's experience this? Or am I just..whatever?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

My dad is an INFP, and I am very very similar to him, except he likes physical things, like sports, playing drums, hunting, and he's always outdoors. I, myself, like doing physical things, but I tend to lean more towards internal things-reading, listening to music, using the computer more often. Could be the age difference, who knows.

Coincidentally, my little sister is an INFP too, and me and her are fairly close..she's a little more trendy then me, and she's big on ending global warming, going green, feeding the hungry, and all that stuff..which I'm not big on (I know, call me a bad person :P). She, also..I think, gets a little wrapped up on little things, that I wouldn't get caught up on..but that's minor.

My point? My point is that I think environmental factors influence us..obviously, and that types are meant as guidelines, and not something we should expect. Variation is universal, no two people of the same type are alike, in general.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My point? My point is that I think environmental factors influence us..obviously, and that types are meant as guidelines, and not something we should expect. Variation is universal, no two people of the same type are alike, in general.

Well said.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

As I child I focused more on my friends and everything around me. I liked to build stuff, I liked using my hands. And I was a video game addict. We played the usually kid games outside (cops and robbers, built clubhouses, etc) and I never lived in my head, I didn't have a reason to be.

Any other INFP's experience this? Or am I just..whatever?
    Quietmusician- I was the same exact way..I was more ESFP'ish, when I was a young kid. What I've been thinking about lately is that, maybe...specifically, that people aren't naturally INFPs, but rather a similar type, and become INFPs, or whatever, due to stimuli in their lives..deaths, drastic changes, whatever. I have speculated this for a while, because most of the INFPs that I know have had something or another occur in their life that obviously would have changed them. And I know this may not happen to INFPs, but while we were talking about them, I used it as a classic example.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTJ

Thats very romantic and everything, but I disagree. Many people go through the same problems or drastic changes but react to them differently. Different types assess similar things differently.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Thats very romantic and everything, but I disagree. Many people go through the same problems or drastic changes but react to them differently. Different types assess similar things differently.
    Yeah, your right. I don't know what I was think, to be honest..I have different mind sets on things daily.

MBTI
    INFP

I believe I've heard that most INFPs have traumatic times in their youth. I don't know if we deal with more trauma as young people than others do. Seems childhood is difficult for many.

Perhaps the difference would be that we remember and are wounded more deeply than some of the other types because of our sensitive feelings. And in childhood we haven't yet developed the healthy defenses against them.

And being one of the minority types it's possible that we are less able to find mentors and similar friends to soothe us.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer