• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do ENFPs Know the Meaning of Personal Space?

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I only get physical with people I'm close with or feel a connection to. Sorry, I'm hard to get. :cheese:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've been trying to think if my two ENFP's ever do this. I don't think so, not even in their most drunk off their ass or sad or overly happy moments. What they will do is hug me if they think I need one but in general, I don't see either of them being overly or easily physical. Mostly the opposite.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been known to hug strangers (who are confiding in me about something while crying, often) but only when they're utterly distressed and look like they need it.

I have absolutely no problem with physicality, but I've learned early on that others are not that comfortable with it. For the most part, it gets me in trouble with female onlookers who disapprove of my physical way of interacting with guys - while the guys never seem to be offended or anything else. Those few that did have a problem with it told me so or indicated it through body language and I stopped, of course.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I secretly enjoy having my personal space violated. But only if I enjoy your presence in general. Even though I have HSP and am sensitive to almost everything else, being close enough to touch me usually will make me more friendly in return, even if I didn't know you beforehand.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I secretly enjoy having my personal space violated. But only if I enjoy your presence in general. Even though I have HSP and am sensitive to almost everything else, being close enough to touch me usually will make me more friendly in return.

You're not alone.

It's why I double check carefully with certain people - personal space is often secretly very optional, ime. I have been known to bewilder bystanders by completely 'violating' that person's space while seeing them turn red, do the obligatory mutter-thing yet having the widest grin on their faces. It does require really reading that person well and *knowing* you'll be getting a positive response though :smile:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's why I double check carefully with certain people - personal space is often secretly very optional, ime. I have been known to bewilder bystanders by completely 'violating' that person' space while seeing them turn red, do the obligatory mutter-thing yet having the widest grin on their faces. It does require really reading that person well and *knowing* you'll be getting a positive response though :smile:
What do you do if you guess wrong, and they really are put off by it?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you do if you guess wrong, and they really are put off by it?

It's exceedingly rare these days as it's more of a really educated guess at this point, but I apologise profusely and don't do it ever again - unless they initiate the next one :shrug:

I also tend to 'test' first with smaller, more subtle and really socially harmless gestures, to be absolutely sure where the line is and if there are any unseen trip wires I should be aware of. If I see even a hint of retreat without some enjoyment to go along with it, I abort.

Last edited: