User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

I only get physical with people I'm close with or feel a connection to. Sorry, I'm hard to get.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've been trying to think if my two ENFP's ever do this. I don't think so, not even in their most drunk off their ass or sad or overly happy moments. What they will do is hug me if they think I need one but in general, I don't see either of them being overly or easily physical. Mostly the opposite.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I've been known to hug strangers (who are confiding in me about something while crying, often) but only when they're utterly distressed and look like they need it.

I have absolutely no problem with physicality, but I've learned early on that others are not that comfortable with it. For the most part, it gets me in trouble with female onlookers who disapprove of my physical way of interacting with guys - while the guys never seem to be offended or anything else. Those few that did have a problem with it told me so or indicated it through body language and I stopped, of course.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kibou-chan View Post
    I don't really know who's to blame here: the ENFP for being disrespectful of my space without asking, or me for not being more blunt about my discomfort.
    both.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

I secretly enjoy having my personal space violated. But only if I enjoy your presence in general. Even though I have HSP and am sensitive to almost everything else, being close enough to touch me usually will make me more friendly in return, even if I didn't know you beforehand.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
    I secretly enjoy having my personal space violated. But only if I enjoy your presence in general. Even though I have HSP and am sensitive to almost everything else, being close enough to touch me usually will make me more friendly in return.
    You're not alone.

It's why I double check carefully with certain people - personal space is often secretly very optional, ime. I have been known to bewilder bystanders by completely 'violating' that person's space while seeing them turn red, do the obligatory mutter-thing yet having the widest grin on their faces. It does require really reading that person well and *knowing* you'll be getting a positive response though
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Likes Chrysanthe, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It's why I double check carefully with certain people - personal space is often secretly very optional, ime. I have been known to bewilder bystanders by completely 'violating' that person' space while seeing them turn red, do the obligatory mutter-thing yet having the widest grin on their faces. It does require really reading that person well and *knowing* you'll be getting a positive response though
    What do you do if you guess wrong, and they really are put off by it?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What do you do if you guess wrong, and they really are put off by it?
    It's exceedingly rare these days as it's more of a really educated guess at this point, but I apologise profusely and don't do it ever again - unless they initiate the next one

I also tend to 'test' first with smaller, more subtle and really socially harmless gestures, to be absolutely sure where the line is and if there are any unseen trip wires I should be aware of. If I see even a hint of retreat without some enjoyment to go along with it, I abort.

Last edited by Amargith; 01-11-2016 at 10:25 AM.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Likes AphroditeGoneAwry, Masokissed liked this post