User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Priam View Post
    I gotta agree with CzeCze on this! You're going to find deep people in places that attract/require depth.
    I disagree... from my experience, the people you will find doing "deep" things are the people who consider themselves deep, whether they are or not.

Frankly, I think MBTI has zero relation to intelligence (sorry NTs!) No matter what type you find, if they are unintelligent, then they are going to lack the ability to understand you to the depth that you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    He is on his way of becoming a master craftsmen, and by day, functions as a civil engineer....

So yeah, the only time I've experienced "true" love, was with an ISTP.
    I don't want to say this is an ISTP thing, but speaking from experience I have had an easy time perceiving how something works, including people. This is my saving grace when it comes to other people... although I have a hard time relating to what motivates them, I always understand them.

If this guy is similar, then that might explain how he satisfies your need to be understood or even intellectually explored.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I suspect my current girlfriend is an ST and she kind of keeps my head on planet earth.
    I think by nature STs pull people down to earth. I think someone on this thread or another thread in the NF community compared ST to a stone being tied to a balloon (NF). Too much for me....on a long term basis....they stifle my creativity and do not really understand the N...in the ENxJ. I need a break from them after extended periods of time. I can't take too much of the shallow conversation about coupons, tv programs, gossip, etc.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    I disagree... from my experience, the people you will find doing "deep" things are the people who consider themselves deep, whether they are or not.
    So true. Which kind of makes me regret having referred to myself as "deep". Most people who claim to be deep, are in fact as shallow as a sink. Although I want to think of myself as Marianas Trench deep, I'm probably as deep as my bathtub. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure I'd want a "deep" guy, actually.

Frankly, I think MBTI has zero relation to intelligence (sorry NTs!) No matter what type you find, if they are unintelligent, then they are going to lack the ability to understand you to the depth that you're looking for.
    True, again. My ex and I shared the same IQ (not that that necessarily means anything). We both could grasp, analyze and toy with complex material.

I don't want to say this is an ISTP thing, but speaking from experience I have had an easy time perceiving how something works, including people. This is my biggest saving grace in relationships... although I have a hard time relating to anyone, I always understand them.
    ...or think you do. And perhaps that is an ISTP thing!

...Or is it a pompous ISTP guy thing, like "shut up, I know you better than you know yourself, please sit back, listen, and look pretty while I lecture you on why you think whatever it is you're thinking, and why you are wrong, (and incidentally, why I happen to be right)."

sorry, , don't know exactly where that came from.

In all fairness, I've been shocked once or twice by my ex's ability to be penetratingly insightful, (in regards to either myself, or other human beings)

If this guy is similar, then that might explain how he satisfies your need to be understood or even intellectually explored.
    Understood? Not quite.

Intellectually explored? Absolutely!

MBTI
    istp

Nah, I really do find most people to be highly predictable. I wouldn't lean so heavily on my analytical ability if it didn't prove accurate most of the time.

A lot of times, I don't have the time, vocabulary, or will to explain every piece of thinking behind my conclusions, so I usually state things simply. Often times there is a wide array of variables, leaving only the simply stated as verifiable. Reality is the only real judge and that's often what I prefer to appeal to... when I do offer my perspective to others, whether they listen is up to them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I hate you.

MBTI
    istp

hehe... join the club

seeing as this is your thread, i'll just let myself out

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Bah, I was joking you insufferable menace!

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Bah, I was joking you insufferable menace!
    I know, I gave you some rep for cleverness... at least this way you admitted it

the "we hate jake" club is a bit disappointed, though. it's ok guys, there's almost as many people in the world as ways to rub them the wrong way, youll get more members eventually

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

I am well versed in your kind, I know your cunning, and am all too familiar with your tactics.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm, I wonder...

If the deviant feels trapped in the square, or if the square wishes so very deeply that he was instead, a deviant.