• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] A frightening epiphany....

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
I think some of you are missing the point of this thread..

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think some of you are missing the point of this thread..

If CC is looking for depth in people, it would follow that one must first have a good idea of what that looks like, no? :yes:

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
If CC is looking for depth in people, it would follow that one must first have a good idea of what that looks like, no? :yes:

Nope, because this post was never about that. All you guys are doing is taking what she was doing and trying to base what she considers depth on those actions.

You're missing the entire point of the OP. If I have to spell it out for you, you're never gonna understand it.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Nope, because this post was never about that. All you guys are doing is taking what she was doing and trying to base what she considers depth on those actions.

You're missing the entire point of the OP. If I have to spell it out for you, you're never gonna understand it.

ill overlook the irony here for a moment :D

looking back at the OP, I can conclude that CC wants somebody "deep" (there are a handful of phrases that suggest that) she also has preconceived notions that would mean someone "NF" or a "Philosopher Poet"... she considers herself deep and it would be easy to assume depth could be found in someone like herself--but then goes on later to give examples that would indicate someone who is pragmatic and hands-on, which in my mind would suggest otherwise. (although she also mentioned abstract as well as critical thinking... so some conflicting verbiage is a problem)

Also identified a few things... what you ultimately want and what is comfortable may not be the same thing (else we'd all be on a diet of pizza and icecream!) she also has some insecurity about taking the comfortable approach, which is to be expected considering the aforementioned... easy but ultimately unsatisfying.

I guess I'm not seeing how the issue isn't identifying what depth means :thinking: in my case, providing argument to dispel the stereotypes that I think are responsible for the OP's conflicting view of that word

anyways, back to our originally scheduled broadcast!

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
I guess I'm not seeing how the issue isn't identifying what depth means

This is what I'm referring to. I will admit tho, that I can understand how this thread can be misleading. I guess you have to view it all in context. Looking at this thread alone won't really help much.

To be honest I kinda find this thread somewhat depressing, so carry on as you were.