User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Except for my last relationship, I have had somewhat of a trend dating guys who were, more, or less, entirely lacking in depth.

I have always been, what one would call, a "deep" person. I think deeply, and I feel deeply, and that's just the way I operate. Sensitive, and thorough, yes, I am both these things...

Back to the topic at hand, the sad revelation I've had, which is... For some strange reason I have comfortably found myself in romantic relationships with men who were neither emotionally, nor mentally as deep as I. Our relationship would consist of eating, sleeping, and sexually pleasing each other. A coexistence sans any mental stimulation.
    wow. reminds me of my ENFP best friend. i think she really likes just being able to get her ideas out without being interrupted. because when we hang out, it's constant debate

but yeah, she's questing for a "deep" man. i guess they're hard to find...

although i consider myself one... where are all these girls that are looking for guys like me??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I think my best relationship was with another NF. Tho this was back before I even knew what all this MBTI stuff was. Lately from what I've been experiencing, I would have to say she was an ENFP.

In a lot of ways she was like the female version of me, tho the reason I think she was an E instead of an I was that she liked to go out with friends a lot more, and she was a singer in a band.

Unfortunately the dregs of society got a hold of her, and I was too immature at the time to handle the aftermath.

As I dated a INTJ for 3yrs, and from the experiences I've had being around a long time friend who's ISFP. I would love to find another NF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    wow. reminds me of my ENFP best friend. i think she really likes just being able to get her ideas out without being interrupted. because when we hang out, it's constant debate

but yeah, she's questing for a "deep" man. i guess they're hard to find...

although i consider myself one... where are all these girls that are looking for guys like me??
    I love myself a challenging debate and a good verbal sparring, after all, it helps keep the mind sharp!!!

Deep men, or deep people for that matter, are definitely hard to find (in my experience at least).

Ho-hum, I guess this forum will have to do, for right now.

MBTI
    INTJ

I love myself a challenging debate and a good verbal sparring, after all, it helps keep the mind sharp!!!

Deep men, or deep people for that matter, are definitely hard to find (in my experience at least).

Ho-hum, I guess this forum will have to do, for right now.
    The thing is...no one just walks up to a stranger and begins holding a deep conversation with them. It's too bad, really.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    The thing is...no one just walks up to a stranger and begins holding a deep conversation with them. It's too bad, really.
    I have been known to do just that, during certain circumstances.

After all, there truly exist few things as delightful as an impromptu deep conversation amongst two unsuspecting strangers.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

After all, there truly exist few things as delightful as an impromptu deep conversation amongst two unsuspecting strangers.
    more people need to do that to me.

i'm too self conscious

MBTI
    INTJ

I guess you should keep doing it, because we don't do that (at least I don't know any who do).
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I guess you should keep doing it, because we don't do that (at least I don't know any who do).
    I mostly do. I've tried small talking but it never works, so I find leaping in the deep end is far better than dragging things out and realizing you're stuck in the kiddie pool too late. Plus: the times when it works, the shift from to is worth the risk!
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Agreed.
    In my experience this only occurs between 2 NFs though.

I've had a short relationship with another NF once and that was extremely intense. Too intense for our own good. It was like a manic depression.

I suspect my current girlfriend is an ST and she kind of keeps my head on planet earth.

CaptainChick, could you give me some examples of how you'd like your guy to be? Feel free to be as idealistic as you want to. What are you really looking for? What kinds of thoughts and actions make a guy deep, both intellectually and emotionally?

And what happens when you're with someone who's not deep? Do you hide your own depth, or do you share it, only to be disappointed by the lack of reciprocation and excitement?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson