User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    The ideal type for an ENFP in a romantic relationship is apparently the INTJ, so the NT must be good for us.
    And it totally sucks! There are how many male ENFPs and how many female INTJs? Something doesn't add up. :steam:
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I have no real experience but I would say that with 2 similar personalities it would be that you have double strengths and double weaknesses. So you would understand each other easily but not that much growing up in sense of learning from different person. Lots of comfortable feeling in this relationship I might say.

When in relationship with your opposite you would have equal strengths and weaknesses but a lot of need for understanding a different person + lots of things to learn. So lots of growing + understanding needed.

Did this make any sense?
    Yeah, there's a lot to be learned when you try to bridge the gap between two people of differing personality types. And yes, you do grow, (or disintegrate), from the herculean attempts to try to truly communicate with, and understand each other. *Arguments with my ex were incredibly taxing, and ultimately distancing and therefore catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    I don't know if it is of any help...
    I know quite a few couples where both partners have very similar types, and many are succesful. Strangely enough, the best couples I think of now all have the same type apart from E/I, so INFP and ENFP, ENTP and INTP, ESFP and ISFP, and now that I list them, they are all P's.
    Hm, strange coincidences, probably of no value at all
    Yeah, I've never, ever found myself even remotely attracted to extroverted men. No thanks.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Yeah, I've never, ever found myself even remotely attracted to extroverted men. No thanks.
    I have similar feelings about extroverted women...well, at least beyond the physical.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hm, from reading your response in the 'lapdance' thread and knowing you referred to yourself as a 'misanthrope', maybe you

1) Don't have high expectations and make them come true? On some level you dont' expect a man to be deep and so you don't seek out someone who will match you in this way.
    I expect male writers to be deep, but alas, I do not know any in real life. But generally speaking, I am guilty of what you're suggesting.

2) You don't actually want a 'deep' man. Perhaps you fear the intimacy on some level or don't want to be challenged or ???
    No, I desperately want a deep man, and fantasize about, and derive deep pleasure in being challenged by the opposite sex. Intimacy, yes, I think I both crave it, as well as fear it to death.

3) After having one such relationship, you just fell into a pattern by repeating and emulating the behaviors that netted you the first guy?
    Perhaps, sadly, perhaps.

Also, practically speaking it could also be affected by your age and where you usually meet guys. I know it's been said elsewhere on another thread, but women mature much faster than men on the emotional/self-reflective tip. And even when the guy is mature in this way, I think men really do deal with emotions differently. It takes certain kinds of men who are already deep-thinkers or sensitive or thoughtful, like artists, activists, social workers, you know the type (or maybe not from your dating history).
    Yeah, even at uni they're scarce. I think all the good ones are busy being intellectually introverted, and thus, alone. Come out, come out wherever you are!!!

Also, even though you said you were a misanthrope and deep, you are still an ENFP, and ENFPs generally have at the very least, a silly or even crazy or wild side. You mentioned you got on the dais and stripped for kicks on vacation once, that kinda says to me you are adventurous, spontaneous, and like to have fun. So it makes sense that you attract guys who like these qualities in you, but don't see your other 'deep' side to you or themselves shy away from what you consider depth and just like to have fun. Perhaps you assume they won't enjoy or be able to go to the level or kinds of conversation that you want to have and so you moderate this side of you around them. Perhaps you unknowingly seek introverts and listeners to complement your extroversion and talking inclination and your previous bf's were more than happy to do just that. It's not a bad arrangement at all, but if you want something else, I guess some kind of shake up is in order.

Just some rambling suggestions.
    You know me too well.

If you are single and dating now, how are you now going about getting the kind of guy you want?
    Peh, I'm not.

Peh, I'm not.
    I just read this whole thread, and this very last line is sadly the one that applies to me most.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Well hold on, do YOU find the INTJ type attractive? It seems kind of silly to assume it must be a good fit because some websites say so, don't you think? Although, INTJ to some degree does resemble her ideal, but not totally. You can't really break down something like who you'd fall in love with into type, theres more to it than that, I think.
    I don't know if I do! I don't know any INTJs (or anyone that I've typed as INTJ, anyway) in real life, so I have no idea whether that would suit me or not. Anyway, I totally agree with you about the type not dictating whether you're interested in someone or not, but I just thought it would be interesting to throw out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    And it totally sucks! There are how many male ENFPs and how many female INTJs? Something doesn't add up. :steam:
    It's sad! Us female ENFPs have it a little better, but they're still so damn rare! I can't even try out that theory!!

I think it really depends on how strong your preferences are in each of the four 'letters'. For example, I'm quite a low E, so I could probably cope fine with an extraverted partner, wheras someone else (like you, I take it?) is a much stronger E, so having someone as extraverted as you are would just not work. :P

Like armstrong mentioned - some of his friends are too 'J' to ever date a 'P', wheras for other people the opposite letter would be ideal.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I was with an INTJ for about 3yrs, there was a lot of trying times in that relationship as well as a lot of good times.

In the end tho we decided it just wasn't gonna work. We just didn't mesh well enough. There's certain ways in which I give and prefer to receive forms of affection. We were on completely opposite ends most of the time.

We finally split about 6 months ago, We're still good friends though and still talk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    ENxJ

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I just read this whole thread, and this very last line is sadly the one that applies to me most.
    It is sad, isn't it?? It applies to me the most as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

After reading Whatever & Sandy's comments on the threads they create in the What do you hate thread. It reminded me of another issue I had when dating my ex.

We couldn't communicate on the same levels all the time. We both had different thought processes, and mine was just too wild and confusing for her. We could be doing one thing and my mind would wander way off course.

It's like we'd be sitting down at dinner, and I'd ask her something along the lines of "So if the the surface area of the earth was actually growing... what do you think might happen if the Earths crust gets too thin?".. This of course was the cue for the painful look on her face, and the words "it hurts" following that. Especially if she asked what brought that up, since it was about 6 steps removed from the original though and the whole processed only took a couple minutes.

It was a relationship where I kinda felt alone half the time, even tho I wasn't. I'm still looking for someone who can keep up with me mentally, physically, and be able to satisfy my needs romantically. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Male ENFP right here.
    Also, I'm a big believer in the NF-NF pairing, though obviously it isn't for everybody. I'm not really attracted to INTJ's, they're just so damn frustrating sometimes, but I count enough of them among my friends to accept that for some ENFP's I could see the pairing working. I've been with an INFJ for a few months now and it's going really well. Maybe it's because I'm a very strong NF, but I really crave an emotional connection and find that I don't relate to T's quite well enough to envision a romantic pairing working. They say that NF's want soulmates and it bothers me a little when it's clear that my partner doesn't have the same goal. NF-NF partnerships are obviously emotionally intense, probably to the point of being overwhelming sometimes, but I think they're absolutely the way to go for some NF's.