Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    They key is not telling people what it to do.. that is not leadership.. that is being a boss.. Leaders work harder than their subordinates. You set an example and people then follow it.
    You make people want it. They start to do things to serve you, not because they have to.
    XD I still don't care to set an example of any kind. Why would I want to make people want it? I couldn't care less. I don't want anyone to serve me, or have me as their role-model or what-have-you. It makes me uncomfortable.

Also, work is synonymous with "do not want" in my book; hard work even more so.
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

MBTI
    ISFJ

I suck at leading because my natural tendency is to think "what gives me the right to boss these people around??". So I play the big brother part, people like me, but nothing gets done!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAGuy View Post
    This doesn't always work (apathy being an epidemic among humans) and occasionally I end up having to do the majority of the work...
    I reached the pinnacle of my IT career and became a CTO. I thought I would be managing other people to do the work. However, too many times, I ended up having to do large chunks of projects myself. Now I'm getting out of IT ...

I was chairman of my children's school board. I sucked at the admin/paperwork side but I feel I was pretty good at running meetings and optimising relationships.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I suck at leading because my natural tendency is to think "what gives me the right to boss these people around??". So I play the big brother part, people like me, but nothing gets done!
    Aye

MBTI
    ENFP

There's a local council election candidate whose motto is 'Straight Talk, Hard Work'. I doubt very much that he is NF of any sort ...

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    There's a local council election candidate whose motto is 'Straight Talk, Hard Work'. I doubt very much that he is NF of any sort ...
    Certainly not NFP anyway.

garbage

Ugh, I hate bossing people around, too.

I suppose the best approach in that case is to try to guide people, rather than thinking of yourself as managing them or bossing them around. Managing is for the projects themselves (especially the detailed administrative and budgeting crap)--not the people.

Regardless, it takes an element of "I can do it, and I have something to contribute." and, in insanely extreme cases, "I trust myself on this decision." That can be difficult at times.

Of course, my lack of a "hardass" mentality also gets me into trouble when there are people I can't work with.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

People follow me, but not because I try to lead/boss them. I hate telling people what to do. I want them to do things because they want to, not because I said so. I was "development lead" of a software development team for about 2 years. Everyone thought the arrangement was great but I was miserable. I eventually threw my hands up and got my role redefined.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

People try to put me in leadership roles all the time, which I find absurd because I have no desire to do it and I'm no good at it.

I try to avoid it as much as possible, and when it's friends or family I flat out refuse.

When it's thrust on me by my boss I do the best I can in the situation, which unfortunately results in my boss THINKING that I'm good at it--even though I just barely got by by the skin of my teeth!

It's a fucked up cycle, and it seems like the only way to get out of it is to just perform BADLY. But it's important to me to do the best I can with whatever I have to do---so I just can't get out of it.

Right now I've got a big, shiny certificate in my cubicle for "Excellence in Leadership" even though I'm a clueless fuck!

LOL---life is absurd.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFJ

I dont really like leading people, but if there is an absence of leadership and I feel I can fill the role adequately I will step in and take control. People have asked me to stay on as a manager or as a leader in the past because I tend to try to do the right thing for everyone and for the organization. It depends where my loyalties lay, but I wont lie, they usually lay with the people I am leading, I tend to treat them as my duty, and I want to protect and defend them from possible harm. This has gotten me into hot water when I have defended a team member who was probably better off getting kicked out or fired or whatever, but to me, being a part of a team means everyone, including the weakest links. If I feel they are not good with the team, I will pull them aside on their own and try to figure out what their aims are and see f they align with the organization/teams goals, if they do not, I will try to do anything in my power to help them along on the right path.

I prefer not to be the president of anything, I hate being a spokesman, I would rather lead from the shadows like a board director or something. Much more effective and much less stress. Less glory too, but I am ok without the glory as long as the rewards are shared fairly across the board and everyone is happy and the organization is functional and works properly.

I have no problem falling into line (while its works) behind a good leader either but only if he/she is better then I am, I have to respect the person leading in order to follow. I have been in organizations where the lead was an NF, and I would say that I liked working for NFs much better then NTs and FAR better then STs. NTs/STs seem to always be the ones in leadership positions, but I find thier methods rather rigid in IME and at times kind of heartless. At least thats what working for an NT was like, working for an ST was maddening in some ways because they dont seem to know how to deal with people and make much better workers then leaders. Never worked for an SF though so I cant say much about that.
    Ground control to Major Tom