User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I identify with this too. I was introverted, withdrawn and miserable for many years because of the constant conflict in my childhood. I DO think if I had had an outlet, someone to talk to, it would not have affected me so negatively. The fact that I was forced to bottle the emotions, fears, worries, and feelings inside is what messed me up so badly.

Even now, when conflict arises my first reaction is too withdraw and introvert which in turn causes my misery. Just in the past year have I realized this and have made a lot of progress. Now I am learning to be straightforward and deal with the conflict before it pushes me to withdraw.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    I identify with this too. I was introverted, withdrawn and miserable for many years because of the constant conflict in my childhood. I DO think if I had had an outlet, someone to talk to, it would not have affected me so negatively. The fact that I was forced to bottle the emotions, fears, worries, and feelings inside is what messed me up so badly.

Even now, when conflict arises my first reaction is too withdraw and introvert which in turn causes my misery. Just in the past year have I realized this and have made a lot of progress. Now I am learning to be straightforward and deal with the conflict before it pushes me to withdraw.
    Exactly, I was miserable until just last year when my outlook changed. Kinda eerie. ...I had a problem 2 years ago and I ran from the small part of it and it snowballed. Now I'm taking it head on and things are turning out better.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.