User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    The things we rant about are usually beyond the ability of one person to change. Yeah, a person can change his own situation, but that doesn't mean the problem is gone. Furthermore, 'doing something about it' isn't the best advice for an INFP, because we are more likely to regret something we did than something we didn't. Jarring change causes too much discomfort and after-the-fact moral analysis.

You do have a point, though. I just think the solution isn't what you think it is.
    Yeah... but it'll go smoother when the forces of the world crush his spirit...

(<--- here is the blank stare of a crushed spirit)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I recently grew an optimistic streak in that strange INFP way. I'm out dancing with the flames. Maybe I can at least carve my own niche out of this stage they call a world. Maybe I'll become jaded again after the world crushes my spirit.. again.

Damn, I'm getting depressed. :P
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Yep, I got my own way there too... I got to the point of seeing it so absurd that the comedy overrides everything. I mean, it's hilarious, all those big people with their "power" and none of them actually controls anything, everything just floating on and all those abstractions about saving the planet while at the same time fighting the nature with concrete and powerlines, and spilling the mexican gulf full of oil. The dwarves were too greedy and dig too deep. Hearing about the peace process in middle east. I heard about it twenty years ago and they still call it a process? What the hell... It is all absurd. I feel like I've gone the full circle and become on the opposite end of the spectrum.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

You say "Hello", I say "Goodbye"
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

For me it's all about how people expect me to spend my time. I'm supposed to be a slave who houses and feeds himself and is told that there are such things as 'dream' jobs.. as if my dream should ever be a job. Getting money. Heh. It's the only thing in existence that is impossible to do without sacrificing some irreplaceable part of your soul. In my world, we lock up people who start jabbering about money in the loony bin. I can barely cope with this world I'm stuck in now.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Tell me about it! That is basically the area of life the propaganda is the most effective and visible. It's of course only natural, since we are talking about a big thing here. You sell half of your life for something, so it would be better if it wasn't all pain in there. But, yep, it isn't easy trying to find that niche. I have trouble when I perceive I am not respected for anything else than the value in cash I can make the company. From my point of view the company is there so the people in the company can eat. Not the other way around.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Exactly.. when was the point in history when money ceased being the means to the end of exchange and exchange became the means to accruing money? Why do so many people have to be stuck doing monotonous, life-draining tasks instead of the things their hearts urge them to do?

*sigh*.. Earth.. the only planet in the universe with the saying "Money doesn't grow on trees!" ........... when the things Earthlings need actually do.
    Thoreau

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Exactly.. when was the point in history when money ceased being the means to the end of exchange and exchange became the means to accruing money?
    Well, that would be when they invented that you don't need to have as much gold in the bank than the amount of money you have printed, since the people wont be all coming at the same time.

*sigh*.. Earth.. the only planet in the universe with the saying "Money doesn't grow on trees!" ........... when the things Earthlings need actually do.
    Ha! Yeah...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The things we rant about are usually beyond the ability of one person to change. Yeah, a person can change his own situation, but that doesn't mean the problem is gone. Furthermore, 'doing something about it' isn't the best advice for an INFP, because we are more likely to regret something we did than something we didn't. Jarring change causes too much discomfort and after-the-fact moral analysis.

You do have a point, though. I just think the solution isn't what I think you think it is.
    I know it's beyond his reach to change. That's why I wished he would use his Ne to think of ways to integrate his world with reality...to actually use that world of his to bring a bit of sunshine to this harsh reality..instead of adding more depression to it. Coz I've seen it and it's gorgeous. For that matter, I've been there, done that, and it sucks. It's hard to build that bridge, but very much worthwhile
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I'll turn it around. I think I'm too much for the most INFP's I meet. They say I'm too energetic, too "space conquering" and too talkative.

But when they'll get to their Ne mode and to Ne talk, it's like seeing your own thoughts, like talking to your kind. It's very cool. I do like INFP's way of being, because it's very familiar. I mean the independence of the thought, the openness for possibilities and things that most (some) people are "afraid" of. I think there should be 1-2 INFP's in everybody's life. At least every ENFP's life, so there would be somebody who understands, and the understanding is to both ways.