User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 62

  1. #41
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    in general i INFPs. they're cute and understanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Sometimes I get tired of trying to get something out of a quiet person but once you get to know them they open up like anyone else. Unfortunately for me, an enfp, my attention span is short and by the time their ready I'm bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Your post saddens me. Because the quietness that you don't like is Fi. Which is also a part of your own self. Either way, sooner or later, you will appreciate your friends more. And it will come from within your own self-discovery and sense of Fi. Not from your demands on them. I guarantee. There's no way an ENFP can stay on the outside forever. You can run, but you can't hide!
    what? i'm not running from Fi and i feel like this. sometimes INFPs just take too long. it's true with a lot of introverts. i would love to hang around with you and talk, but waiting for you to feel okay about talking is really hard because i'm being distracted by 10000 other things that are interesting too. it's more about Ne than Fi.

    i also am beginning to notice the "teacher voice" that Fe users have pointed out in the Fe/Fi thread here. heads up to all NPs, the kind of speech pattern here - we feel like we're explaining things we know, because they're inside us, but it can come off as kind of self-absorbed and pretentious. this one kinda felt annoying to me because i felt like it was trying to say, no, you're wrong, because you haven't gotten all the way to your inner self yet because you're not a Fi dom. if you were better, like me, you would understand and accept my quietness. i don't think that tone of voice was intended but that's how it reads.

    edit: wait, was i using the teacher voice here? the irony
    Last edited by skylights; 09-26-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: changed NFPs to NPs. it goes for Ti as well as Fi.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Xellotath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    181

    Default

    I like INFPs, although apparently its more common for ENFPs to dislike them (so I hear).

    What does sadden me is that their tertiary is our inferior and vice versa. So while there's tons in common, I imagine that its not easy to help each other mutually develop. Maybe that's where the antagonism is coming from?

    "Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

    — Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Vamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    what? i'm not running from Fi and i feel like this. sometimes INFPs just take too long. it's true with a lot of introverts. i would love to hang around with you and talk, but waiting for you to feel okay about talking is really hard because i'm being distracted by 10000 other things that are interesting too. it's more about Ne than Fi.

    i also am beginning to notice the "teacher voice" that Fe users have pointed out in the Fe/Fi thread here. heads up to all NFPs, the kind of speech pattern here - we feel like we're explaining things we know, because they're inside us, but it can come off as kind of self-absorbed and pretentious. this one kinda felt annoying to me because i felt like it was trying to say, no, you're wrong, because you haven't gotten all the way to your inner self yet because you're not a Fi dom. if you were better, like me, you would understand and accept my quietness. i don't think that tone of voice was intended but that's how it reads.

    edit: wait, was i using the teacher voice here? the irony
    It actually did read/sound that way. I just choose to let it lone. I still say I don't have time to wait and wait and wait, my life has been nothing but waiting and I'm just kinda done with the whole concept. I usually give up on the major introverts, no matter how Fi the silence might be- my Fi works differently and to my Fi that kind of guarded silence comes off as secretive and I strive for honesty in all my friends.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xellotath View Post
    I like INFPs, although apparently its more common for ENFPs to dislike them (so I hear).

    What does sadden me is that their tertiary is our inferior and vice versa. So while there's tons in common, I imagine that its not easy to help each other mutually develop. Maybe that's where the antagonism is coming from?
    Quite possibly. If an ENFP gets mad at an INFP he will probably use tertiary Te because he is stressed. The INFP leads with Fi, so Te is her inferior...so she will probably react very bad...stressing herself and using tertiary Si....which will cut the ENFP deep too being his inferior.

    Or something like that :P

  5. #45
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    They're sexy emos.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  6. #46
    Senior Member Chunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    On the flip side, it does drain me that they often see the world in such negative gloom and although I do enjoy watching it at first, the Fi-Si loop is very much draining on my positive nature, after a while. INxPs that are stuck in their cynical world view coz they're too obstinate to want to build a bridge between their pristine ideal fantasy world and reality, are hard to endure, as that feeling of wallowing and melancholy, as well as fatalism is incredibly depressing. Still...I consider it a challenge to put a smile on their face at that point
    There is absolutely nothing worse in this world than an ENFP who feels challenged to make me smile.

    The other thing that sometimes annoys me is the elitism. I get it, it's a defense mechanism and a result of refining your tastes and identity, but it excludes others and makes you judgemental, imo, and since that's one of my personal Fi values...I kinda get annoyed at that
    The selectivism is used to prevent situations like the above from happening.

    To me it usually feels inherently belittling to be in the presence of some kind of over-positive jazzed-up ENFP. It's like they can't even see the evils in the world and it's as though they write them off and all the pain they cause others.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

  7. #47
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    There is absolutely nothing worse in this world than an ENFP who feels challenged to make me smile.
    You have a Pokemon avatar. Smiling shouldn't be a problem.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  8. #48
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    You need a better defense mechanism as that one suck ***







    My INFP usually gives me a faint little smile, but soon gets overtaken again by the cynicism, if it's eating away at him too much. We've been friends for several years and he refers to me as one of his oldest friends with a vibe of intense nostalgia and care, which I appreciate greatly and reciprocate. Still, hearing him get stuck in that Fi-Si loop and knowing what it feels like makes me wanna save him from getting stuck there though I usually instinctively know when I can and when I just have to let him work it out for himself. Hearing him rant and rave about the wrongs in this world, while not doing a thing about it, is taxing too, as he'll never be happy this way...and that's his own doing. As I am his friend, I wish I could make him happy...and I try, if only for a moment
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #49
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    Huh?
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  10. #50
    Senior Member Chunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Hearing him rant and rave about the wrongs in this world, while not doing a thing about it, is taxing too, as he'll never be happy this way...and that's his own doing.
    The things we rant about are usually beyond the ability of one person to change. Yeah, a person can change his own situation, but that doesn't mean the problem is gone. Furthermore, 'doing something about it' isn't the best advice for an INFP, because we are more likely to regret something we did than something we didn't. Jarring change causes too much discomfort and after-the-fact moral analysis.

    You do have a point, though. I just think the solution isn't what I think you think it is.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] What do you think of INFPs?
    By TheEmeraldCanopy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPs , What do you think of INTJs?
    By Hap in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 06:00 PM
  3. [MBTItm] What do ENTJs think of INFPs?
    By kiwigirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
  4. [MBTItm] What do INTPs think of INFPs
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 06:16 AM
  5. [INFP] INFP's, what do you think of your personality?
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO