User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 62

  1. #31
    Senior Member boondocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I like INFPs. Of course I do!

    My brother is one, and we're close...close in a way that two more dissimilar types couldn't be.

    I like his off-the-wall comments. You think he zoning out and all of the sudden it becomes very apparent that his mind was zipping through a train of associations because SHAZAM, there's the thought popping out of his mouth and its off-the-wall completely. This is cool.

    He's affectionate. Gah, love this.

    He's steadier than I am. Every bit as irresponsible, in many ways, but less prone to the tumultuous outbursts that can eff things up.

    We talk about the same things. Or we don't talk about the same things.

    He doesn't love much, but what he does love, he loves so passionately. It's baffling in its extent.

    Also, he's cooler than I am. I don't know if that's a typical feature of INFPs, but he's got a smoothness to him that I could never have. I'm too...eager?

    So yeah. Love.

  2. #32
    Warflower Nijntje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    And I also love their dark side. I love watching their eyes turn to a storm, see that wrath grow and know that they're a force to be reckonned with. I love to see them get protective of their loved ones, and wrip their enemies to emotional shreds. It's like watching a volcano errupt..beautiful and beyond scary all at the same time. I love how they're not afraid to explore the dark and negative emotions that all others run from.
    I very much get like this with my loved ones. Unfortunately my loved ones don't always appreciate me attacking the person whom i have perceived to have done them wrong. Sometimes it can be a bit of a tight-rope act to make sure that in defending those i love i don't end up losing them.

    Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.
    .



    Conclusion: Dinosaurs


  3. #33
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    The other thing that sometimes annoys me is the elitism. I get it, it's a defense mechanism and a result of refining your tastes and identity, but it excludes others and makes you judgemental, imo, and since that's one of my personal Fi values...I kinda get annoyed at that
    What do you mean by elitism? I can understand if someone sees my tendency to drop people as an elitist attitude, but I don't have energy for many friends. Of course I choose the ones I like the best. But it isn't like I could just keep all of them, my mind would pop.

  4. #34
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    I'm more referring to the whole 'people who call *that* music, are idiots'- attitude that my infp friend sometimes has.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #35
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I'm more referring to the whole 'people who call *that* music, are idiots'- attitude that my infp friend sometimes has.
    Lol. I do that a lot. But if you care to exaggerate it just a very subtle slight bit...people won't get that pissed with you. They'll know it's in good fun. They grumpy old man façade helps too.

  6. #36
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I'm more referring to the whole 'people who call *that* music, are idiots'- attitude that my infp friend sometimes has.
    Ha! I know. It's not that serious... but there seems to be a correlation between intelligence and good music taste... You know, people who can appreciate music outside their preferred genre just because they realize it is really something new inside it's own genre.

  7. #37
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    in general i INFPs. they're cute and understanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Sometimes I get tired of trying to get something out of a quiet person but once you get to know them they open up like anyone else. Unfortunately for me, an enfp, my attention span is short and by the time their ready I'm bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Your post saddens me. Because the quietness that you don't like is Fi. Which is also a part of your own self. Either way, sooner or later, you will appreciate your friends more. And it will come from within your own self-discovery and sense of Fi. Not from your demands on them. I guarantee. There's no way an ENFP can stay on the outside forever. You can run, but you can't hide!
    what? i'm not hiding from Fi and i feel like this. sometimes INFPs just take too long. it's true with a lot of introverts. i would love to hang around with you and talk, but waiting for you to feel okay about talking is really hard because i'm being distracted by 10000 other things that are interesting too. it's more about Ne than Fi.

    i also am beginning to notice the "teacher voice" that Fe users have pointed out in the Fe/Fi thread here. heads up to all NFPs, the kind of speech pattern here - we feel like we're explaining things we know, because they're inside us, but it can come off as kind of self-absorbed and pretentious. this one kinda felt annoying to me because i felt like it was trying to say, no, you're wrong, because you haven't gotten all the way to your inner self yet because you're not a Fi dom. if you were better, like me, you would understand and accept my quietness. i don't think that tone of voice was intended but that's how it reads.

  8. #38
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    in general i INFPs. they're cute and understanding.


    i also am beginning to notice the "teacher voice" that Fe users have pointed out in the Fe/Fi thread here. heads up to all NFPs, the kind of speech pattern here - we feel like we're explaining things we know, because they're inside us, but it can come off as kind of self-absorbed and pretentious. this one kinda felt annoying to me because i felt like it was trying to say, no, you're wrong, because you haven't gotten all the way to your inner self yet because you're not a Fi dom. if you were better, like me, you would understand and accept my quietness. i don't think that tone of voice was intended but that's how it reads.
    I think "Ti" users can be guilty of this of too. I have seen it in young XNTP and when I get really stressed and chew people out.... lol I notice I get really annoyed at people for not being logical and thinking things through and wished they thought more...especially when I am stressed.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I can't think of one ENFP I've know IRL that I did not like on some level, and that includes a few very "unhealthy" ones. We generally click and have a lot in common.

    I actually don't relate that much to them, in the sense that I don't see myself in them. I think it's because I identify so heavily with being introverted.
    I recently spent some time with an ENFP and, though I liked him very much, I could see how in time, his extroverted nature would grate on me. That's been the case with most extroverts I've known. Still, the connection was there. I much prefer a fellow introvert. An extrovert simply tires me out with conversation and I tune out. It would drive me crazy in the long run.

  10. #40
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    You guys ROCK!

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] What do you think of INFPs?
    By TheEmeraldCanopy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPs , What do you think of INTJs?
    By Hap in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 06:00 PM
  3. [MBTItm] What do ENTJs think of INFPs?
    By kiwigirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
  4. [MBTItm] What do INTPs think of INFPs
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 06:16 AM
  5. [INFP] INFP's, what do you think of your personality?
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO