First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

^^ It's true. Light shines brightest in the darkest places.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Gem: the one comforting thing about down times is that it so plunges me into philosophical considerations, people around me tend to swept into conversations regarding the meaning of life and surprisingly it seems I tend to captivate them and make them think about their own life. And usually our friendship tends to get deeper in the process.

ThatsWhatHeSaid : What would be our particular feeling of inferiority? Knowing we live in internal and external dystopia and wanting to overcome that?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    ThatsWhatHeSaid : What would be our particular feeling of inferiority? Knowing we live in internal and external dystopia and wanting to overcome that?
    I wasn't thinking something so broad, but maybe there's a connection. I was thinking something like being overly sensitive and constantly making comparisons to ideals. It would explain low self-esteem (sensitivity + focus on what you lack) as well as the need to fix the world (reach an ideal) for which your heart aches (sensitivity).

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I wasn't thinking something so broad, but maybe there's a connection. I was thinking something like being overly sensitive and constantly making comparisons to ideals. It would explain low self-esteem (sensitivity + focus on what you lack) as well as the need to fix the world (reach an ideal) for which your heart aches (sensitivity).
    Hmm...I think ENFP self-esteem is pretty hypocritical. We tell ourselves we are shit but deep down we know we are awesome. It comes from wanting to wallow in self-pity even when logic dictates things aren't that grim. It's the only sensible way to justify not being hyper optimistic - being the complete opposite. Gray is a dull color for a feeler.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

The points the OP made certainly help, but honestly, I think the answer may be much simpler than that. I think ENFP's just have a natural playfulness and curiosity for things. That works in a few ways. for example, say I had something bad happen to me, I will pretty much always think up a related joke and suddenly start smiling again. I think life is just full of fun in general. A lot of topics can be interesting to me, especially ones where I can use my Ne (which is pretty much everything). I feel like I'm in a playground all the time, so how sad can I be?
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I only have a lot of energy when I'm happy. The happier I am, the more energetic I come across as. But sometimes I tend to come across as a huge ball of energy, even though I'm not happy, but in those cases I only pretend to be happy and hide away the bad things going on right then (I don't talk about my problems openly).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    yeah...i'm not sure you're paying attention if you think enfps have self esteem issues.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah...i'm not sure you're paying attention if you think enfps have self esteem issues.
    Umm okay. Would you like to explain WHY you disagree with me?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Hmm...I think ENFP self-esteem is pretty hypocritical. We tell ourselves we are shit but deep down we know we are awesome. It comes from wanting to wallow in self-pity even when logic dictates things aren't that grim. It's the only sensible way to justify not being hyper optimistic - being the complete opposite. Gray is a dull color for a feeler.
    What about modesty? I keep myself in check whenever I might be getting a swelled head by thinking about my flaws. That my be feeding my negative feelings about myself, tho.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    What about modesty? I keep myself in check whenever I might be getting a swelled head by thinking about my flaws. That my be feeding my negative feelings about myself, tho.
    Exactly, it's a forced exercise. You have to think about your flaws....but the natural tendency is for your head to swell.