• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Is it just me. ...

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
or does it seem like Xavier: Renegade Angel was made for NFPs?
I know not one person who can stand/understand this show but I love it. The world play, the visuals. ..the absurdity. I actually don't know very many people that watch it, period.
[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vc_q8a3NUk]Xavier Season 1 Finale Part 2[/YOUTUBE]

Hm. Can anyone see it? I've been having issues with embedding, lately.

YouTube - Shakashuri p2 (Season 1 Finale Part 2)

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Hmmm, it might be just you :alttongue:

i'm not a huge fan, but I'll watch it when it's on [adult swim]. I'm definitely not as much of a hater as most other people I know.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I'm too cool for this.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hmmm, it might be just you :alttongue:

i'm not a huge fan, but I'll watch it when it's on [adult swim]. I'm definitely not as much of a hater as most other people I know.

lol. The people I know that can sit through it usually hate it. I don't get why, any show that includes lines like "I'm a conundrummer in a band called Life Puzzler" where the character saying it is serious about it deserves some kind of irrationality award.

"I've flipped more lids than a monkey in a soup kitchen"

I'm too cool for this.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0xj0fs3rE"]Heavyweight by Infected Mushroom[/YOUTUBE]

KDude

I'm too cool for this.

I'm too pretty for it. It's ugly and incoherent.

Ahem. :rolleyes: I get what you mean by NFP though.. but I think I'm more holistic than random (that sounds kind of lame if I put it that way).

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Family Guy is an NFP show.

E

Epiphany

Family Guy is an NFP show.

As long as Family Guy has been running on the air, I just discovered it recently. I love this show!

What about The Office (US)? Most of my friends don't like it. It's my favorite show ever.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
As long as Family Guy has been running, I just discovered it recently. I love this show!

What about The Office (US)? Most of my friends don't like it. It's my favorite show ever.

Yeah, I could see the Office as an "NFP/NTP(?) show". As much as I love Family Guy I just don't see it's NFP-ness.

E

Epiphany

Yeah, I could see the Office as an "NFP/NTP(?) show". As much as I love Family Guy I just don't see it's NFP-ness.

I don't know if humor is relevant to type, but if it is, I could definitely see The Office being an Intuitive show. There are so many awkward silences. I think the show is written by comedic geniuses. It has great acting and it's not a ridiculous sitcom that relies on an artificial laugh track to convince the audience at home that it's funny.

[YOUTUBE="nvQUyWhytFI"]Andy Chainsaw[/YOUTUBE]

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't think types are indicative of what kind of humor we'd all enjoy but I have noticed that the intuits laugh at sensors yawn at and vice versa.

I've never really fully watched The office but I've seen enough of it and the british version to get what makes it a great show. I used to watch the IT Crowd but that damn laugh track rubbed me the wrong way as did a lot of the plots. It kinda perverted some of my favorite NF/NT style actors (Richard Ayoade/Moss). I went in expecting N humor and got S humor instead, I guess.

lol, "NF/NT style actors". ..that's not a thing. Yet. :)

E

Epiphany

I despise laugh tracks with a passion. Even if a show is hilarious, I will refuse to watch it if it has a laugh track...with the exception of intentionally non-humorous videos that have a laugh track added to them, such as this...

I almost can't help but laugh, simply because it emphasizes the absurdity of laugh tracks.

[YOUTUBE="GmI9lO9JmaI"]ER with a laugh track[/YOUTUBE]

Then you take a laugh track out of shows, like The Big Bang Theory and Friends, and you realize how unfunny they really are.

[YOUTUBE="q_iEY9pSHT0"]Big Bang Theory without laughter[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="oLvB_ybcKt0"]Friends without a laugh track[/YOUTUBE]

KDude

I don't think types are indicative of what kind of humor we'd all enjoy but I have noticed that the intuits laugh at sensors yawn at and vice versa.

I've never really fully watched The office but I've seen enough of it and the british version to get what makes it a great show. I used to watch the IT Crowd but that damn laugh track rubbed me the wrong way as did a lot of the plots. It kinda perverted some of my favorite NF/NT style actors (Richard Ayoade/Moss). I went in expecting N humor and got S humor instead, I guess.

lol, "NF/NT style actors". ..that's not a thing. Yet. :)

I don't know about current shows atm. My favorite comedian though Eddie Izzard, hands down. As for Adult Swim, I liked Aqua Teen Hunger Force. At least, it was funny for awhile. The characters may be SPs and NT, but I don't know..the humor is hard to pin down.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I despise laugh tracks with a passion. Even if a show is hilarious, I will refuse to watch it if it has a laugh track...with the exception of intentionally non-humorous videos that have a laugh track added to them, such as this...

I almost can't help but laugh, simply because it emphasizes the absurdity of laugh tracks.

[YOUTUBE="GmI9lO9JmaI"]ER with a laugh track[/YOUTUBE]

Then you take a laugh track out of shows, like The Big Bang Theory and Friends, and you realize how unfunny they really are.

[YOUTUBE="q_iEY9pSHT0"]Big Bang Theory without laughter[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="oLvB_ybcKt0"]Friends without a laugh track[/YOUTUBE]

All of those are unfunny with, or without.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhmjnYKlVnM"]Meh[/youtube]

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gilmore Girls for me, if we're going NFP ;)