User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    We'd make good spies (sexpionage?) if it weren't for that whole "not being able to remember details/facts/raw data in time and space" thing.
    Come off it. We'd make the worst spies ever. Seriously, think about it!

Imagine it. You're in the middle of Trafalgar Square. Boris Ivanovitch is feeding the pigeons. You 'accidentally' bump into him ... and slip into his hand the roll of film ... except ... except ... dammit ... it's the pictures from your holiday in Blackpool instead of the missile plans.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Flamingo View Post
    Who said I was a girl? Watch out Tortoise, I might be coming after you next (if you're indeed a guy). Tortoises are my favourite reptiles of all time, you know. ;D And I'm sexually attracted to some people's intellect, yes. But when such an intellect is found in an Einstein-like body, I cannot do it. Personality usually can and does make up for someone's rather average and/or less-than-good looks, but not always. :C
    Catch me if you can!

xx oo xx

Tortoise

PS you called yourself a bitch in a post ... hence my assumption ...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    We'd make good spies (sexpionage?) if it weren't for that whole "not being able to remember details/facts/raw data in time and space" thing.
    But you're right about the sexpionage. We'd make GREAT honey traps. But on the other hand we'd get too emotionally involved.

If I had been a honey trap in the Cold War, me and Nadia would have ended up falling in love and defecting together to neutral Switzerland and living happily ever after in our mountaintop villa in the Alps protected by Swiss guards and living off a mysterious Swiss bank account.

It wouldn't work.

Especially if Nadia is one of those INTJ geek girls.

Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

loool, I refer to everyone as bitches, guy(s) or girl(s) including myself.

And to continue on the off-topicness, yes, we'd all make awful spies. No-one would suspect lil' ol' cheerful me of being a spy, but I'd blow my cover all the fucking time, jfc. I love the James Bond movies but I could never pull that shit off (I know it's exaggerated fiction, but I couldn't pull off being an irl spy either). :>
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    Come off it. We'd make the worst spies ever. Seriously, think about it!

Imagine it. You're in the middle of Trafalgar Square. Boris Ivanovitch is feeding the pigeons. You 'accidentally' bump into him ... and slip into his hand the roll of film ... except ... except ... dammit ... it's the pictures from your holiday in Blackpool instead of the missile plans.
    Yeah, that's exactly why I said "if it weren't for.. .."!

But I do believe we'd make good honey traps. ...just don't ask us to recall anything important.

Head Spy: Agent, did you get the secret formula?

Spy: ?

Head Spy: The formula you were supposed to be romancing the scientist for.

Spy: "...."

Head Spy:

Spy: ......No. What day is it? I have an appointment with someone at some time at a place.

But you're right about the sexpionage. We'd make GREAT honey traps. But on the other hand we'd get too emotionally involved.
    Speak for yourself, sailor. I'm built for speed.
    Last edited by Vamp; 09-08-2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: lol, what are we doing?
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Oh oh I wanna play! Can I be Mata Hari? *innocent look*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Oh oh I wanna play! Can I be Mata Hari? *innocent look*
    I'm on the next flight to Honolulu international airport. Meet me there. You will recognise me: I will be carrying a copy of the Singapore Straits Times.

Any funny business, though ... well ... we know where your cats go at night. You have been warned.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I can relate to the OP somewhat yeah.

My problem seems to be though, that unlike other ENFPs, I have very little patience for superficial interaction. I'm blunt in showing the inside part that ENFPs are afraid to show...and because I do it in a passionate, aggressive way....lol, yeah people don't respond to that in the nicest way sometimes.

So ENFPs, if you want proof of how uncool it is to reveal depth in normal interaction....here I am

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

If you ENFP's like philosophy so much, why hasn't anyone posted in my blog (not a shameless plug, I swear :P)?

Yeah anyways, I guess you guys know how I feel then. I have philosophical or at least theoretical pieces of insight, every day. These can be things I find really important or just playful. As an ENFP, I want to share these thoughts and connect with people. That's easier said than done.

In fact, a lot of people don't even know how theoretical I am (I pretty much always score 90% or higher in the MBTI tests), so forget sharing theories and developing ideas, people don't even know these thoughts are developing in my head. Sucks balls.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think the basic ENFP dilemma and cause of stress is this. We are driven to interact with people -- always fascinated by people and want to get to know them deeper ... BUT ... we have an inner life that only a handful of people 'get'. We've learnt (probably from childhood) that if we express everything we think and feel, we'll be rejected for being way too weird, intense or out-there so we learn to guard our innermost thoughts and feelings. We want to share and connect at that deep level -- it's a very fundamental need -- but we keep the lid on it because we know that most people can't handle our intensity and the almost psychic insights we come up with. So, we have hundreds of surface level friends who think we're charming, happy , fun and loving, but we feel lonely because there are so few people (if any) who *really* get us. We are good at making others feel good, but it's hard for others to make us feel good because only that very deep connection is enough to make us feel good and less alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I can relate to the OP somewhat yeah. My problem seems to be though, that unlike other ENFPs, I have very little patience for superficial interaction. I'm blunt in showing the inside part that ENFPs are afraid to show...and because I do it in a passionate, aggressive way....lol, yeah people don't respond to that in the nicest way sometimes. So ENFPs, if you want proof of how uncool it is to reveal depth in normal interaction....here I am
    Sytpg, I know what you mean. I have, in reference to myself, used this phrase, "One of the foibles of getting older is that I have an increasingly minimal patience for bullshit." With every passing year, I have increasingly less tolerance for ephemeral social niceties that waste my time.

And, tortoise, I loved your OP. I COMPLETELY feel lonely... longing for someone that I can pour my heart out to. Someone who gets the REAL me. Such persons are very few and far between. But as I look back over my life, some definite patterns start to emerge.

In terms of my friends and loved ones lessening my own loneliness, certain types are a better fit for me than others. (especially Ns over Ss.) INFPs have always been my closest friends. I'm in my late thirties, and in my 20 or so years of adulthood, I've always had an INFP BFF. I feel like I can let my guard down and be myself around them. I think of my current INFP BFF. She and I are inseparable. I can reveal to her my innermost self... and she gets it. Ohhhh. I adore her so much.

And in the romantic relationships department, I've also noticed very definite patterns. INTJs & INFJs (same dominant function in the reverse directions, viz., they have Ni dominance and I have Ne dominance) and ISTPs (my Socionics duals) have been the most significant romantic relationships in my life. And I think one of the reasons that I have chosen these men is that they get me. They are able to fill the void I so much want to be filled... They are able to *really* get me.

I really love this thread. And I appreciate a lot of the funny banter on here, but it also saddens me a bit because I think this is a very important issue for ENFPs. I think it drives a lot of our behavior. So I'd love to hear some serious and insightful thoughts from other ENFPs on this subject.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀