User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

My friendships with female ENFPs (two over a lifetime) have been really significant...We understand each other better than anyone else. We intuit together...her more Ne and me more Ni, but I suspect some Ne is going on on my part as I am forced out of my shell (in an invigorating, not a draining way). She calls me out on being too harsh with other people, and I call her out on her lack of J in the workplace. It just feels like perfection.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    You have obviously never gotten to know a hot female INTJ.
    Geek girls and female librarians are irresistible.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    Boring?! Philosophy isn't boring!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah i don't really know anyone that finds philosophy boring.
    You guys CLEARLY haven't talked to enough S's then
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    You guys CLEARLY haven't talked to enough S's then
    Sadly most people I know don't want to talk philosophy. Most S's I've known don't necessarily find it boring, but pointless.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP

Yeah, in school everyone I knew could not handle humanities or philosophy class at all and would just fall asleep. They'd never be able to grasp the concept of meditation, either for some reason.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Kultainen Kuningas Devil Flamingo's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    LOL

lolo, is liking philosophy an ENFP phenomenon?

When I first read Kant I put a little heart around his name, because I'm gay like that. But seriously though, at first I was like, "IDG DIS SHIIIT, BUT I LIEK IT! DIS IS DEEEP, MANNN!" and my friends were like "..." It took me a couple more re-read to get him, but apparently I must have done something right in my essay because I applied Kantian philosophy to this one world issue thing and got a fucking A!

Any bitches read Sophie's World? Love that shiiit.

I have to say though, a lot of the time philosophy makes me go "ugh" usually when it's a philosopher that I disagree with or don't care about what he/she is sayin'. XD My schedule this year is fucked, though, so no more Phil courses for me but whatever, I still got my copy of Sophie's World.

...Also, I know things like this are tmi, but has any ENFP out there felt like sexxin' someone's mind/brain? >> I swear my first philosophy prof was not hot but he was so charming and smrt I was like LET'S HAVE BRAINSEX NOW PLZ.

/rant

Anyways, I agree 100% with what the OP said.
    4w3 sx/so ·· ISFP (?) ·· rcu|E|n
    gryffindor-ravenclaw ·· chaotic neutral
    leo sun ·· scorpius moon ·· earth dragon

metsän ukko halliparta, metsän kultainen kuningas,
    ava nyt aittasi avara, luinen lukko lonkahuta!

MBTI
    ENFP

lol brain sex. When I first read Marcus Aurelius I wanted to name my first child Aurelius/Aurelio/Aurelia. I was like "u guiz dis philosophy is so cool!" and they were like "lol, wut. it's pointless". I was so sad.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yes to brain sex! haha! and we's some potty mouth talkin fools...it cracks me up! i just noticed that...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah i don't really know anyone that finds philosophy boring.
    I know enough. Discounting some interesting people with homespun type of wisdom (cool too, but that's more lived, not discussed), many just "be". Or do talk about stuff, but just state things and move on. Some have even plainly told me "You think too much." If not that, unintentionally make me feel stupid with their "Uh huhs" and "Yeahs" when I open up.. not even acknowledging what I say with a look in my direction. I'm starting to see now how much of a twitch I've developed over the years from it.. and why I've tried my best to shut up and play along. God forbid that I "think too much". The human mind is meant for other things, apparently.

"Playing along" doesn't work for long though. Instead of making the best of it all the time, I just pull back. If I can't be myself, then I'll be myself alone. With my magical friends!!! (j/k.. It's probably somewhat true though. I end up getting a lot out of reflection, ideas, fiction, etc.. by myself. And if I have magical friends, it's people on the internet. ).

Anyways, I don't know how to turn on the extroversion enough and connect like you all do. I'm still optimistic about people, but choose to not hold myself back in the same way.. I just stay away period. That's an introvert for ya, I guess (It's still a bummer if ENFPs feel they can't be themselves though. It's the same problem either way.).

Oh...And if I'm ISFP, I still feel the same way. I'm not sure why I wouldn't. When I came to this site, I thought maybe they were interpretive types that were looked from different angles and for meaning. That's what the artistic mindset is.. philosophical. Not here though. It's all the same stuff that doesn't stimulate me in the outside world. Hotdogs and swimsuit calandars or something. And if I want to talk about family issues or childhood abuse (let alone philosophy), I get smug optimism. "SPs are not sad like that!" Way to dumb down things. Anyways, I'll commit to some solidarity with NFs then. I might as well be one.

MBTI
    ENFP

Brain sex? WTF? When I take my books back to the library, I'm looking at those hot geeky librarian INTJ chicks and wanting real sex ... in that back room over there. Sweeping aside all the tattered old books being rounded up for the stacks and going for it. Like as hinted at in the bookshop scene in the Big Sleep.

Better stop writing right now!!!

Yeah, we talk a load of bollocks sometimes innit.