User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP

I absolutely know the feeling you're talking about. I wonder if its an ENFP only feeling?

Anyways, i have a few ideas. The first thing i think is to make sure your interactions with people are deep whenever possible. Small-talk feels good at the time but later it makes the lonliness worse.

The second thing is that ive started meditating and it really helps ground me and remind me that my life is not horrible, ive just been alone for 15 minutes.

Anyways, i really hope you can get some relief from that feeling because i know how cutting it is.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Well tell me what is that great thing in your imagination? I'm expecting a LOT since my imagination is nothing compared to reality.
    I'm sitting in a cafe looking at the people:

That girl in the corner may look like an ordinary student but she's really in charge of an international ring of contract killers.

The man with the briefcase is a PI looking for clients' partners having illicit coffee dates.

I'm constantly thinking about things in terms of how they could be characters in dramatic movies.

I'm constantly thinking about utopian worlds where people are both FREE and EQUAL -- I know that's contradictory.

Carbon being sucked out of the air by huge algae farms. The algae can then be used to enrich tired soil.

Tiny, safe nuclear fusion power plants that power everything from cell phones to cars to cities.

I could go on ...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Emectar View Post
    I absolutely know the feeling you're talking about. I wonder if its an ENFP only feeling?

Anyways, i have a few ideas. The first thing i think is to make sure your interactions with people are deep whenever possible. Small-talk feels good at the time but later it makes the lonliness worse.

The second thing is that ive started meditating and it really helps ground me and remind me that my life is not horrible, ive just been alone for 15 minutes.

Anyways, i really hope you can get some relief from that feeling because i know how cutting it is.
    Cutting is the word.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Emectar View Post

too true! thanks for your words. yeah, so weird how 15 minutes can make one so panicky at times... usually i find if i wait it out long enough it goes from panic... to sad... to just bored. which i'm not sure is much better. haha.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

buddhists talk about this and call it a general sense of dis- ease. instead of trying to solve it with something, you can try feeling the physical discomfort in your body. it'll soften over time and your mind will be still. forget about mbti and just be patient and open.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

how interesting, that other ENFPs feel this intensely. i get this feeling often too. i'm not christian (anymore) either but i like the notion of a "god-filled hole". like there is something inside us that will never be quite whole. i always thought that it is part of what makes us human, you know...?

i've been on something i jokingly refer to as the "eternal quest" for about as long as i can remember. when i was little, it was the quest for the perfect stuffed animal. now that i've gotten older it's been the quest for the perfect jewelry, etc. it manifests itself materially but i think it is quite spiritual in nature... sometimes i sort of forget about it for a while, but when i don't have a lot of other things i am working on, it comes back... now i treat it like more of an amusement but when i was a kid it was Serious Business. it still is, kind of. but i try not to let it bug me so much.

incidentally...

Quote Originally Posted by U2
    I have climbed highest mountains
    I have run through the fields
    Only to be with you
    Only to be with you
    I have run, I have crawled
    I have scaled these city walls
    These city walls
    Only to be with you

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

I have kissed honey lips
    Felt the healing in her fingertips
    It burned like a fire
    This burning desire

I have spoke with the tongue of angels
    I have held the hand of a devil
    It was warm in the night
    I was cold as a stone

I believe in the Kingdom Come
    Then all the colors will bleed into one
    Bleed into one
    But yes I'm still running

You broke the bonds
    And you loosed the chains
    Carried the cross
    Of my shame, oh my shame
    You know I believe it

MBTI
    ISFJ

Maybe being kind of a loner for years and having a really strong use of Fi helps me with this but I can't say I relate.

I mean, I do start to feel worse without interaction with other people. But I don't need it constantly. I feel fine by myself. I have my own thoughts and ideas. I don't feel lonely because "in 3 days it will be Saturday and I'll get to talk with some of my friends" or something like that.

Emectar said something really important imo. Make sure you are having meaningful interactions with people. I only get together with very small groups of friends but we talk about all kinds of shit. Philosophy n shit.

It keeps my brain active all week while I'm at home with nothing to do. And that way I don't feel empty or sad.

Epicurus said it best. The key to happy life is keeping it simple, being surrounded by friends and analyze one's life. Keep that brain working. Ask tough questions about life and try to answer them no matter how hard. Try to have a mental picture of everything.

And travel, and see other things so that your brain as new info with which to formulate new thoughts.