• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Have an NF moment

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I cordially invite you to have an NF moment with me.

Recently, I'm been thinking about adjectives used to describe someone's smile. Often times, one hears glittering, shimmering, sparkling, beaming, etc. People also use these adjectives to describe bright objects as well. The brightest object I could think of nearest to me is the Sun. Light from the sun travels at 299,792,458 m/s and takes eight minutes to get to the earth. I find it remarkable to know that everyone is a sun. The light that travels from someone's smile only takes milliseconds for our brain to register its warmth. We are very privileged to be alive.

Atomic Fiend

I'm unhappy, because your unhappy.

Class was draining the life out of me. I was growing tired of the repetition, and the students who were more interested in finding new ways to kill themselves then anything else. In such an environment you grow thick skin toward such things. Understatement. I didn't have skin anymore, I was covered in stone. I stopped believing in people, and people weren't giving me much to prove otherwise. This wasn't done because I didn't like them however, this was done out of self preservation. I couldn't handle the disharmony I saw everyday, and I hated that others thrived in this disharmony.

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
There's so much hurt in the world. I have to wake up to it every morning. I feel it, I hurt. And I struggle with every waking moment to figure out what to do about it. Do I try to change it? Does it really make a difference? It seems the only options are to let it consume me until I run around in circles or to surround myself with more positive things and put on a smile in selfish delusion that it's not that bad. What can I do? How do I deal? I'm not perfect. I can't be perfect. I shouldn't be perfect. I am only human after all, but I still try to be the best I can. Somehow, I rarely meet my own expectations. I feel like I'm crazy. I don't understand people. I don't belong. Most people fear death, but I revere it. Life hurts too much. But I'm way to young to be ready to die. There's so much I've yet to do... if only I could figure out what it is and be sure about following that path. Where did my optimism and faith go? It was so strong not too long ago. Now I can't even find the words to console people with. I live in either delusional happiness, empathetic and disillusioned depression or an oblivious dissociation from any feeling at all. What part of me got buried? How do I bring it back? I know it's in there somewhere..and there's got to be a way to bring it back without the fantastical mask. A realistic hope. But how..?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've been here, I've done so many things. The world has been built up, nations rise and fall. But what is the point, what do we ultimately care about? What is the purpose of all our efforts? What will they mean in the future when everything changes? Is everything we do in vain?

I can only hope that it is not, and that somehow the things we do, the things we experience, have meaning. Because it would be painful to imagine that they didn't. Am I just too afraid of the fact that they don't, and just in need of a delusion to get through life? All I can say is that I hope it's more than a protective perception, but I can't honestly say that I'm positive that it's more than that.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Why are all of you so down on yourselves? :hug: Why does an "NF moment" have to be all depressed?
Well, ok, in all fairness Noel was pretty happy, so theres a decent balance.

I don't feel like having an NF moment right now actually...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm a pleaser and the fuel of my soul is affirmation. This causes me to be so easily conditioned by those whose approval I seek.

It is odd how this effects my work life. A homemaker has few deadlines and very little that is done stays done for more than a couple of hours. Wash the clothes and soon the hamper is overflowing. Wash the dishes and the sink is full by the end of the next meal. Vacuum, dust, scrub . . . *sigh*

Sometimes it is so much for so little. So much easier to lend an ear to a friend, to escape into fiction, to offer the little affections, rewarding in themselves because they are my nature and in the appreciation they garner.

I'm unfortunately finite in my energies. I simply cannot do all the things I should do and all the things I want to do. I have to prioritize. If only keeping up with the concrete, the never-ending mundane, was not so necessary for my approval of myself.

I guess it is a good thing. It keeps me striving for balance and reaching. I don't much like it, though. :tongue10:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
A dominant Ni process:

Starting saying something because I felt compelled to say it out. I have no idea why nor where it might be going... but somehow I knew there's something important there. Then have the idea solidify in my mind as I went along. After I finish I have no idea where it came from other than that it just suddenly popped out in my mind. An image...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel as if my blood were primal fire. Good days.

I feel as if my blood were primal fire. Bad days.

Suffering and death are offensive and opponent to my deepest wishes.

Tapping into others is my drive. Sometimes I can't help myself. I have to fuse with them. Vital that others can pull me back from the edge when self-preservation flickers out.

Fe is a humiliating prospect. How do you cap a volcano?

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
I went over to My Grandmother's house today. I helped her clean and we did a crossword puzzle.

It felt good to feel smart and useful again. :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I went over to My Grandmother's house today. I helped her clean and we did a crossword puzzle.

It felt good to feel smart and useful again. :)

:) I wish I could have come along for that! Sounds fun!

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
When I'm exhausted, like today, I look at the trees and the shapes they make against the sky. Any tree; any sky. For a moment I exist only in the trees and the sky, and my weariness is no longer relavent.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
When I'm exhausted, like today, I look at the trees and the shapes they make against the sky. Any tree; any sky. For a moment I exist only in the trees and the sky, and my weariness is no longer relavent.

I like that.

When I'm exhausted I find comfort in thoughts like the realisation that I'm just a spark in the vastness of the universe. It's odd how that relaxes me, when the same thought would freighten other people. I also have lots of revelations and poetic musings. Daily routines tend to wear me out.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Have an NF moment

*opens a can of Sprite, sits back and puts her feet up*

*... right after her 20-year-long journey for the Holy Grail*

Pink really is one of the best writers. :yes: :D

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
My aunt took me ice skating today. Though I love it, I haven't been for over three or four years.

A practice in Se I suppose. For a moment I am thrust into having a new body. I have new appendages, and a new environment. I am forced to adapt if I even wish to function. Feel my feet, feel the ice, feel the weight and the balance. I picture the tiny width of the bottom of my blade in my mind and feel how each shift of pressure or pivot of angle effects my movement. Yet, it also trains my intuition as I adjust without thinking to suit each new sensation. Just keep from falling. Just remember you're in control. I can feel the intuition process kick in and take over the image of the blade. Rather, I just play with different angles and weight focuses of my feet, different forces of pushing off and different ways of positioning my body as I go around the rink. I slide smoothly, then falter, then better again, then nearly fall, then spin around in circles, then rush for the wall. I'm not even paying attention to the combinations or strategy anymore .. I just let what works and what doesn't sink into my subconscious until I slowly gain confidence and control.

I am happy..but I'll probably be sore tomorrow. X3

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have grown a lot since I've graduated from High School. Being a feeling male in a small rural town in Texas has held my personal growth back a lot. I hid it and labeled it "weak", since that was the common belief of guys who approached things at a personal level. Who never said or did anything to intentionally hurt anyone else. I came to the Liberal Arts University that I am at now and I have bloomed and realized that I am no weaker than any other guy out there, and that my approach to life isn't any less masculine. (Not to mention masculinity isn't any kind of virtue to begin with.)

This weekend the sophomores in our Res Life staff went on small retreat to Galveston Island and stayed in a nice beach house. 11 of us total. I used to be frightened of the ocean, which struck me as ironic since NF is attributed to Water (as inferred by most Personality Tables). It just seemed like such a scary place and I always refused to swim in it. So much chaos and mystery.

This time, when I walked down to the beach shore it was much different. It was the most serene sight and sound I have ever experienced. I didn't realize before that the chaos and mystery was inside of me too. I stood and watched the waves roll in and draw out for as long as the others would let me. I would have swam out as far as I could if it wasn't Winter. Instead I settled for a seashell shaped like a swirling flower... to always remind me of who I am and how I flourished.

beach.jpg

seashell.jpg

Last edited: