User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    type

can an NT sneak into here for a moment's peace?

Always had trouble with living. Can never quite see what is real, and what is ideal anymore. It's all just mixed up, and sometimes, it is good--because always, you see what can be. Therein the source of light that can help others. But too, it means you're always disappointed, and always in pain. And nothing survives, because who ever can be all they are able to be? It is a wasteland, all barren, all ashen. It is cold, and lonely, when the ice wind blows and there's only the dust of stillborn dreams and the ache of barren memories and aborted desires.

The schist is great. You stand on the sharp black cliffs and the broken splintered places of the soul, alone. The scream is so deep it cannot be uttered in words. Even then, the endless echoes reverberate. Below the barrier of 20 hertz the waves are restless in their topography of sound. All around, the silence. The little elf is in pain. Sometimes it seems like it never ends.

But I love the gold sunlight, I love the white moonlight, I love the subtext of sand eroding under the waves, the salt scent of the changing sea,
    the way the trees look after a rain, their bark almost black, and their shivering leaves so green, so vulnerable.
    When Orion appears in the sky at night, and Cynus, the swan, swoops low on the horizon.
    And Venus the morning and evening star, a constant and a steadfast presence.
    And when the gentle tropical wind breathes calm on my face, I think, I will be ok.
    I am a wild flower. It is not humans who nourish me but the elements themselves.
    I am a wild flower. God does not let His flowers die.

*silently leaves*
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post

Always had trouble with living. Can never quite see what is real, and what is ideal anymore. It's all just mixed up, and sometimes, it is good--because always, you see what can be. Therein the source of light that can help others. But too, it means you're always disappointed, and always in pain. And nothing survives, because who ever can be all they are able to be? It is a wasteland, all barren, all ashen. It is cold, and lonely, when the ice wind blows and there's only the dust of stillborn dreams and the ache of barren memories and aborted desires.

The schist is great. You stand on the sharp black cliffs and the splintered places of the broken soul, alone. The scream is so deep it cannot be uttered in words. Even then, the echo reverberates endlessly. All around, the silence. The little elf is in pain. Sometimes it seems like it never ends.

But I love the gold sunlight, I love the white moonlight, I love the subtext of sand eroding under the waves, the salt scent of the changing sea,
    the way the trees look after a rain, their bark almost black, and their shivering leaves so green, so vulnerable.
    When Orion appears in the sky at night, and Cynus, the swan, swoops low on the horizon.
    And when the gentle tropical wind blows calm on my face, I think, I will be ok.
    I am a wild flower. It is not humans who nourish me but the elements themselves.

*silently leaves*
    A beautiful post

RDF

The "NF moments" listed here mostly sound kind of wistful.

I suppose that's about right.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post

The schist is great. You stand on the sharp black cliffs and the broken splintered places of the soul, alone. The scream is so deep it cannot be uttered in words. Even then, the endless echoes reverberate. Below the barrier of 20 hertz the waves are restless in their topography of sound. All around, the silence. The little elf is in pain. Sometimes it seems like it never ends.

And when the gentle tropical wind breathes calm on my face, I think, I will be ok.

*silently leaves*
    Yeah, I agree that it is a beautiful post. I don't think I could ever turn anyone who would want to post here away anyways. It seems to me this thread has an underlying theme of people who have embarked on a long journey for self-awareness and our personal meaning. Man's greatest mystery is himself. This post fits right in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP

Well, I'm on my existential angst period again. I suppose I should rejoice that I am not pregnant with a cause.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Well, I'm on my existential angst period again. I suppose I should rejoice that I am not pregnant with a cause.
    At least these periods don't seem to be happening every month...

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I hate being an NF.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I hate being an NF.
    Lol, your information says your an ESFP.

I don't think I hate being an NF as much as I hate being in a world where other people aren't NF's. I feel like I always have to justify the way I feel about things, so I don't even bother anymore. Sorry that I don't have empirical research for everything that I feel or believe. Sheesh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Lol, your information says your an ESFP.
    Stop it you big meanie!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

today is Sunday.

tomorrow I have a huge quiz

is that an oxymoron?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles