• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Personal growth for an ENFP is ...

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
... learning how to knuckle down to do boring things.

Well partly.

Developing Fi is cool.

But you also have to learn how to sit down long enough to do taxes or finish that boring job before the boss fires you.

Part of it is becoming more 'normal' so you the kids can rely on you to feed them.

Maybe we're the type that doesn't want to grow up. Ever.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
That's what orphanages are for.

And taxes are for pussies that like the comforts of living within the system. If you sell drugs for a living, riding your caravan throughout the world and home school your kids, they'll still grow up fine. As fine as the son or daughter of an ENFP can ever be I mean.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Some of it is, yes, although i don't think I identify nearly to the same degree as you've described in the OP.

It's less that I don't want to grow up, and more that I don't want to "grow up" in the conventional sense.

tortoise

MBTI Type
ENFP
That's what orphanages are for.

And taxes are for pussies that like the comforts of living within the system. If you sell drugs for a living, riding your caravan throughout the world and home school your kids, they'll still grow up fine. As fine as the son or daughter of an ENFP can ever be I mean.

:D :yes:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'll have you know that i'm the daughter of an enfp and i turned out just fine! fine i tell you!!

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Well partly.

Developing Fi is cool.

But you also have to learn how to sit down long enough to do taxes or finish that boring job before the boss fires you.

Part of it is becoming more 'normal' so you the kids can rely on you to feed them.

Tis true. Tis true.

At 35 years old, I have finally learned to embrace the boring.

I don't even mean that in an ironic, sarcastic way--there really IS value in it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My point exactly!

your point was that every children of enfp will be doomed to be fucked up in a way that they get mad if someone tells them that their mom/dad did a lousy job on raising them?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
your point was that every children of enfp will be doomed to be fucked up in a way that they get mad if someone tells them that their mom/dad did a lousy job on raising them?

No. My point was that every children of ENFP will be doomed and you being an INTP is proof of that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah...*sigh*

I'll take taming Fi over kicking Te into gear *anyday*

Blah. *pouts*

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
No. My point was that every children of ENFP will be doomed and you being an INTP is proof of that.

doomed to be what?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cause some burdens make running quite tricky.

yes but what does that have to do with anything related to topic?

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
lol Yeah, Te is silly. I'm trying out LL's suggestions and making it into a game. We'll see how that works out.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Since I replied to the wrong thread. ...

Well partly.

Developing Fi is cool.

For me that's not what it's about at all. It's about learning how to be an ENFP and really live; I've been conforming and repressing way too long. I don't want to have regrets anymore.

The boring stuff is a cinch for me because my life is based on routine, order and conventional practicality but since I started to mature there's an adventurer inside of me.

Fi has always been what's keep me sane wearing the practical/reliable/dependable/completely sane/boring young girl mask.