MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Default INFP = Hypocritical & Selfish.

Are we?

I.E - Don't you feel like telling some people to 'suck it up' or 'put your act together'.
    But then not saying it 'cause you'd notice how hypocritical we'd be because we would probably and might obviously do the same.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Since when are INFP's the type to tell people to "suck it up" or "put your act together"? If you ask me that almost sounds like the opposite of an INFP.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmmh... I don't know. I've never been one to tell other people what to do... unless asked for and demanded (over and over again)... I really dislike saying anything definitive about that. There are no fail-proof responses to any situation and I would have to be in that situation to know what to do and even then I don't know if my way would be the best. So, I think I am not hypocritical.

I am selfish on many levels, though... but many of these include unselfishness. For example, I like helping people. So, I help them out of selfishness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't see myself as hypocritical, although I am sure I am not perfectly consistent (as no one is). As for "feeling" like telling someone something dismissive because of being annoyed emotionally by them, well of course I feel that sometimes. It's my values that prevent me from giving into such a feeling. I don't see that as hypocritical so much as not giving into every emotion.

As for selfish, I prefer "self-absorbed" which is less about ignoring the needs of other people than being oblivious because I'm lost in my own head. When I am aware, then I am usually not selfish.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

oblivious and self-absorbed better fit the INFP, and sometimes it's not so cute. I mostly find it irritating as hell, but that's where the hypocrisy comes in.

I find INFPs a bit ironic at times. It's ironic that INFPs want the world to accept them for who they are, but I read so many threads on INFPs forums are INFPs denigrate other people as shallow for liking small talk or reality tv. We want the world to judge us for our values but we seem to judge others for their values quite often.

As for being selfish, I think INFPs like everyone else are just dealing with personal hurt. It's hard to help others when you're still trying to fix yourself.
    Dare to be what you are and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. - Henri Frederic Amiel

www.infpblog.com - Blogging my thoughts on what it means to be an INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Since when are INFP's the type to tell people to "suck it up" or "put your act together"? If you ask me that almost sounds like the opposite of an INFP.
    If you're implying I'm an ESTJ/ISTJ, I can't be, I've gone over that option and I actually started off mbti thinking I was ISTJ, then INFJ then I looked at functions and found out that I was actually INFP, except my Te is stronger, like an INTPs.... so that's where that 'suck it up' stuff probably comes from, was just wondering if it was an INFP thing also.

Feeling FiNe

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yes, I am. And I've actually said that...sort of the last straw sort of thing. Having admitted that though, this particular "friend" had a track record and a mean temper if things didn't go her way. Most people walked on egg shells around her. Am I going to hang my head in shame? No, it shocked her completely it came from me, and she did actually get her together for a bit.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by infpBlog View Post
    I find INFPs a bit ironic at times. It's ironic that INFPs want the world to accept them for who they are, but I read so many threads on INFPs forums are INFPs denigrate other people as shallow for liking small talk or reality tv. We want the world to judge us for our values but we seem to judge others for their values quite often.

As for being selfish, I think INFPs like everyone else are just dealing with personal hurt. It's hard to help others when you're still trying to fix yourself.
    Very true my friend.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Yes, I am. And I've actually said that...sort of the last straw sort of thing. Having admitted that though, this particular "friend" had a track record and a mean temper if things didn't go her way. Most people walked on egg shells around her. Am I going to hang my head in shame? No, it shocked her completely it came from me, and she did actually get her together for a bit.
    lol. My whole family is like that. But have never come around to say anything like that to them, because they've probably viewed me like that too, and I haven't heard anything like that from any of them either.

Feeling FiNe