User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There is a tendency for people to be most irritated by negative qualities they personally posses, but can't admit to themselves. I think it is important to step back and ask the hard question about oneself whenever we find a quality especially irritating in someone else.

Judging other people is far more often inaccurate than people tend to believe, I think. It feels better to assume we can make quick judgments and be correct - it makes the world feel safer and more under our control, but the truth is that it may not be possible to comprehend anyone else's life. Any judgment we make is done without all the information because we haven't lived that person's life. Because there are so many holes in the information, the only thing we can do is fill those in with our own information. This is why judgments on others say something about our own self - and sometime the judgment says everything about us and nothing about the other person. Judgement is a close brother to hypocrisy. They co-exist.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Ginkgo

"Do as I say, not as I do."

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

INFPs are not hypocritical and selfish by nature, at least no more so than anyone else. You only think so because you're conditioned to beat up on yourself first.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    INFPs are not hypocritical and selfish by nature, at least no more so than anyone else. You only think so because you're conditioned to beat up on yourself first.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    HALLA IS HERE! THE CHAMPION LIVES!!!

Nice to see you again, brother.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

HALLA IS HERE! THE CHAMPION LIVES!!!
    YOU are the CHAMPION, my BROTHER!!!

HALLA is one with his PEEPS.

Nice to see you again, brother.
    Nice to see you around again too, Bro.
    Big fat PM coming your way in a bit.
    Gotta' scare up some examples of work from prior projects to apply for a hot new job.
    Wish me luck!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    "Do as I say, not as I do."
    Basically this, only with almost (almost) everyone I've ever met. People really can't take what they dish out. Especially a lot of the more sensitive types. They can get insanely critical of people, but the moment someone even thinks to do something like that to them they get really hurt and think that they're a terrible person.

I think a lot of people of a lot of types can be hypocritical, but it seems to be more obvious with the Fi types rather than the Ti types (by this I mean FP/TJ and TP/FJ); since it's based on personal, subjective feelings. And I guess we can demonize INFP because that Fi is first but then a lot of that stuff is mental and trapped in their heads with Ne and Si to back it up.

I guess to put my personal opinion out there, a lot of NFs that I've met have been pretty hypocritical, or at least it seems really obvious with them to me. Such a hugely internal focus, with N (internal) and F (internal), the thought process can get a bit weird and seemingly dangerous at least to me. I think that INFPs seem really hypocritical in this way to me just because I am also an Fi dom and I see the inconsistencies in the things that they do, but I'm probably no better. With their Si as their stressor it gets weird. First it's "omg these ideas and this mental pathway!" and then when shit hits the fan all of that gets dropped for Si. It's like some things in their lives are governed by Si and only Si; and some more personal things are governed by their Ne. It's extremely confusing to me to see someone so intuitive basically get so close minded at the worst times, or if they are hugely unhealthy/stressed be one of those FiSi people who are also very close minded but think that their "ideas" and their own ways of doing things are superior to others. Who are subjective but think that because of Si it's objective. FiSi in general when used together creates a nightmare of a person to deal with in general IME.

I'm not trying to be a dick or confirm any stereotypes, I'm just simply saying some observations that I have of REAL INFPs that I've met, including those who have typed themselves and such. These people were also heart types in the enneagram, either 4 or (the very elusive/hard to pin down/rare) 3. I have a hard time seeing an INFP 5 or 9 doing these things to such an extreme for the record.

EDIT: Also these people that I've noticed this with in particular have been women. INFP guys I actually don't see doing much of this for some reason, but maybe it's less obvious because a lot of INFP guys are just less outwardly emotional in general due to society's pressures.

But I try to balance all things in my life and be able to take what I dish out; and not be as hypocritical. I'm not afraid to admit that some things in how I think are highly subjective, lol.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w1

INFP here. I have strong moral values yet aim to be as gentle as possible with others while staying firm in my personal code of ethics. It is a fine line to walk.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm usually hypocritical of myself, but not of other people.