User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    What does passionate and intense look like in real life? "You're talking really loud. Indoor voice, plz." "Why are you standing up? Sit down, you're scaring me!" "Uh, it's not the deep." "I'm a little concerned that you're going to hit me with that...let me hold it for you." You can be overwhelming and come off too strong. You can be that person that didn't know to shut up and leave the person who said they wanted it (but didn't really) alone.
    This is a good question. Being as objective as I can be, I think that my passion tends to come through in the things I say and the way I say them. I dont yell or wave my arms around, it is just when I lift the lid off that furnace, the heat and passion comes out. I am pretty articulate, and I am a pretty critical person internally, although I rarely voice my thoughts. So if I am feeling passionate about something and I say what I actually think, it can be too much, too accurate, too pointed, too hot but not becuase I am yelling or standing on chairs or any of that. I am told I am a bit intimidating - but only when I express my true thoughts. Most people moan about work in an offhand way, but if I am upset enough about something to speak up, people are like... woah. Even when they agree! I am not sure if this makes sense. I am just... intense.

You know, if you had David Spade read one of Henry Rollins' monologues, the words would be the same but the delivery would not. Henry is INTENSE. I am not that intense, but it illustrates what I believe to be the issue.

You are right that I need to adapt and roll with the fact that if I am in a snake den, I need to not moan about how the snakes are mean. It is what it is. I guess when I say I want to be able to share myself, and have friends, I mean that I would like to work in a place where people are not two faced and looking for opportunities to cut one another down. People at my work do real, long lasting career and just personal harm to others... and what I need to do is what you said.

Navigate.

Thanks!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    That could very well be the crux of it..
    As in, I dont like friends who talk about me behind my back. If I look at this objectively, I should expect it because all of the people talk about each other. I guess some people are more ok with this than I am? Maybe I need to adjust my expectations, but so far this kind of thing is something I just dont like. If I am your friend I am loyal, and I expect that in return.

Old fashioned, maybe?