User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 28

  1. #1
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default Reaction to emotional problems in ENFP and INFP

    how would it manifest in ENFP and in INFP? what's the difference?
    I know "theory" about loops... but I am more interested about what did you notice around you?P

  2. #2
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    I loop whenever I do not find a satisfactory answer, and it is even worse because when I was developing I was encouraged to develop Fe, not really Fi.

    So when people ask me, "What do you need? What do you want? What do you feel inside?" I am completely off-guard, stumble, um and uh and ah, and have to say, "Hmm, don't know." And that pisses people off because OF COURSE YOU KNOW - you don't want to say! You are not a retard! And when you say, "Well, I guess I am a retard because I really haven't the faintest idea," they think you are being sarcastic until you yell and say, "STFU I DO NOT KNOW!"

    And so you go in little brain flips because you are trying to find answers, then analyze the answers, and none of the answers fit, so you brainstorm for answers, and none of the answers fit, so you brainstorm again (this is what people call 'brooding'.)

    Then you just get pissed because you wanna be over and done with it, but you cannot because you don't let yourself settle, so you just say, "-UCK IT! I am going with this, right or wrong, because I am sick of this cat crap cream." After that you seriously regret it because somehow you knew it was wrong, but damn it, you're sick of sitting in cat crap cream, and you just think, "Okay what the eff ever." And you're all grumpy and shit, but you cannot fix it, so you start doing random crap to get your mind off the fact that you're really not happy anyway, and well who gives a rat's fat behind because you didn't really know what you wanted anyway, right?

    After you sit down and realize my god what the hell is my life all about anyway because I don't even know what my life means and what I want and is it even about what I want and does that even help anyway nah not really but damn it but yes and no together and well, hmm, maybe this but perhaps that.

    Finally Te comes down and says STFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! You listen to me or you die. RIGHT NOW. NOW damn it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW and Ne says Rhymes with cow and Te says I really don't give a rat's ass, sit down and listen to me and do my shit.

    And that's pretty much what looping is.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    unhealthy fi -

    - very judgmental and critical of other people based on one's own rigid ethical code, the code just gets irrationally rigid
    - excessive anger to make the other person feel guility even when it has nothing to do with them, emotional outbursts
    - very manipulative
    - avoidance
    - moods and feelings that yo-yo

  4. #4
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    How is avoidance unhealthy?

    Count me the ways, I guess.

  5. #5
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    unhealthy fi -

    - very judgmental and critical of other people based on one's own rigid ethical code, the code just gets irrationally rigid
    - excessive anger to make the other person feel guility even when it has nothing to do with them, emotional outbursts
    - very manipulative
    - avoidance
    - moods and feelings that yo-yo
    this is pretty much how it manifests in me, minus the first bullet.

    unhealthy Fi in me is when it stops Te from functioning correctly and starts to bug the shit out of Ne because it won't let Ne attend to the things that are actually interesting outside of me before overanalyzing EVERY LITTLE DAMN Si THING FIRST.

    heyyyyy pay attention to meeee i'm hurrrrtt wahhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist
    Finally Te comes down and says STFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! You listen to me or you die. RIGHT NOW. NOW damn it. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW and Ne says Rhymes with cow and Te says I really don't give a rat's ass, sit down and listen to me and do my shit.


    NeTe saves me from FiSi. but FiSi also saves NeTe from getting out of control and hurting people. it's good balance.

    it was funny to me to read that Te is my "relief" function because Ne is much funnier than Te. but Te really takes the load off when i'm overwhelmed and my first two preferences just aren't able to handle things.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    How is avoidance unhealthy?

    Count me the ways, I guess.
    Instead of communicating in a healthy, effective, mature, simple manner, I shut down, do not speak to you, do not explain, do not share my feelings...I may stare angrily at you. Meanwhile all the other person wants is an explanation to resolve whatever the issue or to help but I am so hurt all on my own that I refuse to speak. Avoidance. I prolong problems.

    My NeTe likes to go out and play and stir things up...my FiSi just whines all day long.

  7. #7
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Here we go again...

  8. #8
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Here we go again...
    ????

  9. #9
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Here we go again...
    what what what

  10. #10
    Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I think nebbykoo means Fi - Fe debates and analysis is a constant around here...

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INFP relationship
    By Lotr246 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 03:35 PM
  2. References to Myers-Briggs in television and movies
    By Such Irony in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
  3. What are the differences between ENFP and INFP?
    By liYA in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 01:37 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFPs and problem solving
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:11 AM
  5. [Si] Inferior Si in ENFPs and ENTPs
    By Fuent in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO