First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Instead of communicating in a healthy, effective, mature, simple manner, I shut down, do not speak to you, do not explain, do not share my feelings...I may stare angrily at you. Meanwhile all the other person wants is an explanation to resolve whatever the issue or to help but I am so hurt all on my own that I refuse to speak. Avoidance. I prolong problems.

My NeTe likes to go out and play and stir things up...my FiSi just whines all day long.
    Interesting. This seems like an exercise in imagination, as if it's going in a childrens picture book.

Personally, I feel refreshed being alone to satisfy myself through my first three functions. It's kinda difficult for me to separate them. But being in the zone is default, following my nose while consciously recognizing what is/isn't worth spending time on. I don't really worry about Te not being there because for the most part it can accomplish what needs to be when the need arises; it's not as if it's really necessary in daily conversation.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

No offence intended.

the 'feeling' function already is overburdoned by negative stereotypes, so it strikes me as just more piling-on to ask about something that is considered by many to be 'unhealthy' by nature. (I don't hold this opinion at all, but it exists, at least on this forum)
    I also don't think that it's unhealthy in the least to be defensive of one's self when you live and work in a social structure that celebrates and encourages behaviors and beliefs contrary to your own.
    So NF's, instead of obsessing about what the dominant paradigm, in its short-sighted self-importance, thinks about what it tells you you are, why not celebrate what you really are? You are intelligent and sensitive, and the world needs MORE OF YOU.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

That's what I was implying. Tag for graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    That's what I was implying. Tag for graveyard.
    Just leave the thread?

The focus of the thread (how i imagined it) was on difference in Fi when its unhealthy in ENFPs and in INFPs. not on bashing Fi.

- very judgmental and critical of other people based on one's own rigid ethical code, the code just gets irrationally rigid
    - excessive anger to make the other person feel guility even when it has nothing to do with them, emotional outbursts
    - very manipulative
    - avoidance
    - moods and feelings that yo-yo
    Only 1 out of 5 of those somewhat pertains to Fi. #1.

The F function, regardless of attitude (I or E), is not about physiological emotions, yo-yo moods, avoidance, anger, guilt, manipulation etc.
    Fi is evaluative in nature and is a JUDGING function. It is used to evaluate what someone or something is worth - how important is it?
    Nearly everything you listed falls outside of what Fi actually is.

You aren't doing yourself, or anyone, any favors by ascribing negative behavioral patterns to a valuable mental process - Fi.

This thread title should be changed to: "Things that have nothing to do with Fi."
    Furthermore, how does Ne-Te "stir things up"? Do they sprout little legs, then run into Neiman Marcus to commit robbery?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Only 1 out of 5 of those somewhat pertains to Fi. #1.

The F function, regardless of attitude (I or E), is not about physiological emotions, yo-yo moods, avoidance, anger, guilt, manipulation etc.
    Fi is evaluative in nature and is a JUDGING function. It is used to evaluate what someone or something is worth - how important is it?
    Nearly everything you listed falls outside of what Fi actually is.

You aren't doing yourself, or anyone, any favors by ascribing negative behavioral patterns to a valuable mental process - Fi.

This thread title should be changed to: "Things that have nothing to do with Fi."
    Furthermore, how does Ne-Te "stir things up"? Do they sprout little legs, then run into Neiman Marcus to commit robbery?

but how would you then address problems with feelings some NFPs run into, and ... NTPs for ex dont??

I didnt read any other Fi threads, didnt follow them passionately, I just wanna know about *problems with feelings* that NFPs have.

I guess for sake of not making this thread into huge drama i will have to change the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    but how would you then address problems with feelings some NFPs run into, and ... NTPs for ex dont??

I didnt read any other Fi threads, didnt follow them passionately, I just wanna know about *problems with feelings* that Fi have.

I guess for sake of not making this thread in drama i will have to change the title.
    See, this is why I would love to kick Jung's ass. Lol.
    Back in 1935 the guy gave a 3-day lecture where he admitted his own definition of the FEELING function would certainly be confused with how people commonly used the word in relation to one's emotions. But then he even went so far in that lecture to actually define an emotion!

Emotions can certainly pump up the volume on Fi judgments, but Fi is not about emotions. Unfortunately I could explain this 150 times in this forum and people would still drag Fi through the mud. People don't "drip" with Fi, or "hit" someone's Fi. In both cases those comments refer to emotions, rather than an evaluative mental process.

As to NFP vs NTP, I don't profess to know an individual person's emotional capacity based upon 3 letters. But then I don't read tea leaves, either.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

unhealthy fi -
    - excessive anger to make the other person feel guility even when it has nothing to do with them, emotional outbursts
    - very manipulative
    - avoidance
    Jaguar, I think a lot of these can, in fact, be related to Feeling as a judging function...

Being manipulative and making someone feel guilty suggests that you consider your views to be more valuable and you are trying to prove it.
    Avoidance suggests that the way you are feeling is more important than the way others are feeling in a problematic situation. (I've felt this in a recent conflict with a Fi-dominant person).

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    Jaguar, I think a lot of these can, in fact, be related to Feeling as a judging function...

Being manipulative and making someone feel guilty suggests that you consider your views to be more valuable and you are trying to prove it.
    Avoidance suggests that the way you are feeling is more important than the way others are feeling in a problematic situation. (I've felt this in a recent conflict with a Fi-dominant person).
    I think the point is that none of these behaviors are restricted to F's. T's do them as well, and T's also utilize a feeling function - either Fe or Fi. T's can often consider their own views more valuable than that of another, and often try to prove that, and T's are certainly not immune to avoidance.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ