User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I guess. I'd love to know exactly what it means to the people to which it means something.
    I like idea* of casual sex with "perfect" stranger that you just met but you just clicked and connected a lot, and somehow there is chemistry between you, you are sharing something, some beauty in that moment.. so meaning would be exploring another person in that completely nonverbal way, exploring yourself... you know, hippy sex.

*I didnt experience that because I doubt it would be so good most of the times, but I totally felt like that with someone I just met... that i could have sex with them and it can be deep.

Nothing comparing to "real depth" of intimate relationships, of course... but still.. it can be some kind of exploration of yourself, life, passions... just like love.

Except what i just described could easily turn into something more.... or it could be just one night /few days.. because you know you arent right for each other for some reasons...
    kind of like in .... Before Sunrise.... it was casual, they (almost) never saw each other again...but you cant say it wasnt meaningful.

Or like in the movie... Lost in Translation, they didnt have sex.. but their connection was deep, and they know it doesnt have future.. their thing was passing and casual but deep.

MBTI
    ENFP

I guess. I'd love to know exactly what it means to the people to which it means something.
    I don't think any explanation will do. All I can tell you is that people who think meaningful sex can only come from a committed relationship can't see how meaningful sex is all by itself. Which it is, I don't need to be in a committed relationship to reap the same things monogamous people do from sex. It's that simple.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I rarely begin a sexual encounter in anything less than formal attire. A tuxedo works well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I don't have much of an opinion about casual sex either way. It is fine for those who want to do it, but I never have and probably never will.

I've been with the same person for 13 years now and she's the only person I've ever had sex with.

It is hard for me to really wrap my brain around the idea of casual sex so I don't really know anything about it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

The meaning for me is that i fully intend on seeing them and enjoying their company again, sexual and otherwise...just not as a couple. there are multiple levels of attraction that we can't deny exist despite knowing that a relationship isn't going to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I rarely begin a sexual encounter in anything less than formal attire. A tuxedo works well.
    That's one of the funniest retorts I've read on this forum in a long time.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post

Apparently virgins aren't allowed to have opinions...

:steam:
    well are you gonna listen to a backseat driver who's never driven?

not to say your opinions don't matter or aren't valid, they just lack the whole realm of experience.

MBTI
    INTJ

You know what it sounds like when you guys say it's meaningful? Meaningful to you, end of story. Filling up that dominant function with sparks and connections, seeing what can be seen, moving on.

All this hyper-sexual crap... it's not sexual. It's just doing someone and seeing what happens. "Sexual" would be doing someone and it's the doing it that's where it's at, the doing it and only the doing it. Not the thinking about it, nor the implications of it, nor the insights that come from it. The fact that you get your ya-yas out at the same time as finding all these insights and even that ya-yas prompt the insights... well sure, it's sexual, but there's something else going on beyond that. Some relational crap.

Or something, I dunno. You're using the same words as ESFPs but you doing something different from them. Inferior Se knows, even if I don't.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You know what it sounds like when you guys say it's meaningful? Meaningful to you, end of story. Filling up that dominant function with sparks and connections, seeing what can be seen, moving on.

All this hyper-sexual crap... it's not sexual. It's just doing someone and seeing what happens. "Sexual" would be doing someone and it's the doing it that's where it's at, the doing it and only the doing it. Not the thinking about it, nor the implications of it, nor the insights that come from it. The fact that you get your ya-yas out at the same time as finding all these insights and even that ya-yas prompt the insights... well sure, it's sexual, but there's something else going on beyond that. Some relational crap.

Or something, I dunno. You're using the same words as ESFPs but you doing something different from them. Inferior Se knows, even if I don't.
    so are you saying people who talk about it like that are engaging the psychological aspect of sexuality way more than the physical aspect of it? or like... it's meaningful because we put meaning into it. not because it's inherently meaningful?

i think you're totally right on both counts, but it also can't be ignored that something more than just sex happens during sex. it's still a social exchange fraught with implications.

I agree. It doesn't sound any different than ESPs. It just sounds like being led in perceptions in another way. Se could probably connect "psychologically" with strangers too.. it's not all motivated by hedonism. I think.