User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default ENFPs post breakup

ENFPs, how long has it taken you to get over a significant other in the past?

Do you think it's true that you only truly get over someone once you fall in love again? Are you still friends with your exes?

Have you ever had the chance to meet new people (romantically) months after the breakup and still felt it was wrong to take things forward because your heart still ached? When did it stop?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Month.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

It takes me a VERY long time to completely let go. Tooooooo long. And, even if I'm with someone new, I still think of the ex often.

It's not that I want to get back with the ex. It's just that as an ENFP, I build my whole world around my closest relationships. So when one of these dies, I have to go through an extended grieving process because part of me has died.

With some life experience, I've come to realize that it's not that I can't get over the relationship, I'm just grieving for death of the life I thought I'd have with that person.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Really? "THAT" long? I spend like a year to get over shit.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Like really....

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Oh, really.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Yes, really.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post

Do you think it's true that you only truly get over someone once you fall in love again? Are you still friends with your exes?

Have you ever had the chance to meet new people (romantically) months after the breakup and still felt it was wrong to take things forward because your heart still ached? When did it stop?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFJ

Very good thread!

I've been wondering about this for a very long time. Years, actually.

Keep going...

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post

Take a long time being single is my advice.

I think ENFPs are either pre-wired for sex/affection/relationships --> pick two.

+ Bad impulse control + No patience = Bad Idea

I've been technically single for a year and I realize it actually does take this long (for me) to clear the air and make room for XYZ. Even just, you know, "companionship" during this time where the air isn't clear isn't so great. And that's a damn shame. ;_; LOL

I remember when INFPs told me they take 1-2 years to get over someone I'd think - "you wusses! thank god there's some other grown up NF's like me to pick up the slack!" :steam::workout: LOL True story. But, now I get it my introverted brethen. I'm sowwy.

LOL but srsly I think many ENFPs have a tendency to jump to soon to the next distraction, especially you ADHD Ennegram 7's!! :steam:
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari