User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Hi you other NF's! I was wondering if the following "issues" are common among NF's...
    Yes to all of the questions. I actually can't help asking in my mind "doesn't everyone do this"... It comes very automatically and naturally to me. At least the people reading part. Sometimes the empathy isn't there, but that is usually when I am doubting the persons motives (this intervenes, since I can't empathize if I don't know they really are feeling what they are feeling).

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Another question for NF's:

When meeting with new people, do you "feel" the person you meet? (Not physically, but in your "mind"/"body")

My own experience:
    Some people "feel" very warm when meeting them. It's a soothing feeling of comfort with them. They don't actually feel warm when I touch them nor do I feel actually warmness in me, but I describe the feeling I get from them as warmness.
    ---
    Or is just that I personally react to certain emotions with certain feelings in myself and it's not actually about how the other person is, but more like how I connect emotions to certain "feeling responses" in myself?
    I've come to trust this instinct. I don't usually pay attention to it if the feeling I get is either good or something I understand. It's like, mostly I can guess pretty accurately the things people are stressed about, or actually, what I see are their defenses. But I never act on it, if it is something normal, there's nothing to worry about. But then there are the people I get all kinds of weird vibes from. I will watch out for them... Too many times I should have been more careful with certain people.

I guess this skill is about body language and interpreting how it fits a situation. It is hard to trust this fully, though, since how can I know when I am projecting?

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Even more common is an outsized confidence that they've read people correctly.
    Good reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Kind of like the way where you flip through tv channels, only see a quick blip of some movie, and you get an idea of what it is. Except I usually don't mind looking closer. Even though some people might have something recognizable about them, they're always unique too. As long as they're pleasant people, I wouldn't mind the company, and I would eventually see something that surprises me (and I kind of want to be surprised..in a good way at least).
    That's a great metaphor.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

NFs are psychic. No further analysis or understanding necessary.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Even more common is an outsized confidence that they've read people correctly.
    lol, INTP.
    Can't read a blank slate.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Score!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Score!
    I just can't help but rag on the type who does the most cowardly personal attacks most often. Most INTPs offend my Fi with that little trait.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I just can't help but rag on the type who does the most cowardly personal attacks most often. Most INTPs offend my Fi with that little trait.
    Hmm... that's quite strange, IMO. How would you personally define "cowardly"? I ask because from what I've seen, you'll rarely find INTP's who would hold back when they really mean to attack someone.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Hmm... that's quite strange, IMO. How would you personally define "cowardly"?
    My guess: Sarcasm. Or some other passive-aggressive moves.

I guess it is more common among NFs to count sarcasm as an attack... and the least common among INTPs, hah!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    NFs are psychic. No further analysis or understanding necessary.
    Grin..yes,we are the witches and magicians of this world *spooky witch emoticon I still have to petition Haight for*

Seriously, I think it can sometimes come off that way coz it's so hard to explain it and pinpoint how it works. Personally I kinda like that kinda mystery surrounding it, but it does create difficulties with credibility unfortunately.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Hogwarts, here we come?

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Whatever happens, I will not touch any of yous brooms.