User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Question to feelers.

What is it like to be a feeler? I always wondered. To be primary Fe/Fi. Is it like the world vibrates somewhere inside of you... or I don't know.

If you see like an earthquake on TV with people who need help you feel empathy compassion ..stuff like that? Because I don't really feel a thing.

Or if a friend is in pain...I don't really feel anything either. I just try to improve things, but I don't really feel his pain.

I remember when I was on the seaside watching the sun from a remote place on the beach ...there weren't many people there...just the wind ..the sound of the sea...and the view. And I didn't really feel a thing. It was frustrating. I was just thinking about some random thing in my head.
    I don't feel much.

I feel something strong only if it's related to me.

How do you feel everything?

As a person that is trying to answer that same question I recommend that you read this thread.

MBTI
    yupp

feeling≠emotion in MBTI, retard. you have emotions. unless you're a sociopath.

and not every feelers is going to be moved by a sunset, I know I'm not and some thinkers will be.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    feeling≠emotion in MBTI, retard. you have emotions. unless you're a sociopath.

and not every feelers is going to be moved by a sunset, I know I'm not and some thinkers will be.
    Agreed, Id be more interested in how a sensing vs intuitive dominants experience emotions than Ts vs Fs.

Plus empathy is not an irrational (ie not F or T) or emotional response. Its not even just an F thing. Empathy involves all functions.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I think that to call the function "feeling" is causing a lot of mistypings...

garbage

Long story short: I feel invested in things.

I guess that's Feeling.. dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I think that to call the function "feeling" is causing a lot of mistypings...
    God, this, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    What is it like to be a feeler? I always wondered. To be primary Fe/Fi. Is it like the world vibrates somewhere inside of you... or I don't know.

If you see like an earthquake on TV with people who need help you feel empathy compassion ..stuff like that? Because I don't really feel a thing.

Or if a friend is in pain...I don't really feel anything either. I just try to improve things, but I don't really feel his pain.

I remember when I was on the seaside watching the sun from a remote place on the beach ...there weren't many people there...just the wind ..the sound of the sea...and the view. And I didn't really feel a thing. It was frustrating. I was just thinking about some random thing in my head.
    I don't feel much.

Have you ever considered the possibility that your problem isn't type related?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post

I don't feel much.

Sometimes I am more empathic than average and other times I am less empathic than average; it depends on what's going on at the time, what my mood is, if my perspective has changed regarding that particular scenario/situation.

If my friend is feeling bad, I try to help them with practical solutions. I don't 'feel' their pain really. I actually have a hard time listening to them whine.

I am more empathic toward those who are less fortunate - I feel they deserve more compassion. It's hard to explain the rationality of that. Shouldn't I feel more sorry for the people I am close to and love instead of complete strangers half a world away? It depends. For me, if the situation is caused by the said 'sad' person, it's their fault and my sympathy is at a minimum. If it's a hurricane and the person lost his entire family, my sympathy is more because the person didn't cause the hurricane. And he lost his family because the state didn't do enough/etc/etc. I suppose that is somewhat reasonable. My empathy isn't always consistent or can be outlined. It comes and goes depending on many, many factors. Some thing like "emotional residue", I have a lot of that whereas Thinkers may not. They face something/someone, they resolve it and it is all fine. For me, there are "left over feelings" and they surface without warning, without logic, with turbulence. Emotional residue is problematic. When we face a situation/a person, it's not just this one situation or person but our history with situations/people. Feelings are complicated (esp. for me). I'm not bipolar, I am multi-polared.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I don't relate to many things listed in the OP.

Sure, it is terrible when an earthquake kills several people. The thing is I am aware that people suffer and die all the time, just people make only a fuss out of it when there is some big drama where several people die at once. If I would be too emotionally invested in every case a person on this world dies I would be even more fucked up than I already am.

I don't know about pain of friends. My "friends" usually didn't talk about problems to me, probably they keep them for themselves in general. The person I fell in love with I literally feeled pain though with when she felt bad, but that is another connection than friendship I guess.

The beach thing wouldn't touch me either. I never really feel much invested when I am at a so called "romantic place". I guess it is more an S thing, but I guess for such generalization I might get slapped :P However such places where I am alone can make me think about things and those thoughts can wake up emotions in me again.

Then again, when there is some random, even fitional situation which I see in TV or somewhere else it can touch me again pretty much, so I never really know when emotions come and go. But usually when I am alone

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Feeling=Subjective
    Thinking=Objective

Everyone does both, some just more than the other.