User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Its okay to be more of a thinker than a feeler.
    It can be hard being F because you can be so attached to people/situations, Feeling ppl need to practice rationality and Thinking people need to practice... compassion maybe? Not to say thinkers are not compassionate at all but just like feeling people need to practice disconnecting themselves from things thinkers could practice putting themselves in other peoples shoes. For example, really using your imagination and trying to see how it would be to live another person's life, then you would have a better idea of how they feel.
    I think some thinkers could practice that more since they can sometimes be not-so-good at providing emotional support to the feeling people in their life and I think that would be the only place where being too thinking oriented could be a bad thing.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by priestessofmars View Post
    Its okay to be more of a thinker than a feeler.
    It can be hard being F because you can be so attached to people/situations, Feeling ppl need to practice rationality and Thinking people need to practice... compassion maybe? Not to say thinkers are not compassionate at all but just like feeling people need to practice disconnecting themselves from things thinkers could practice putting themselves in other peoples shoes. For example, really using your imagination and trying to see how it would be to live another person's life, then you would have a better idea of how they feel.
    I think some thinkers could practice that more since they can sometimes be not-so-good at providing emotional support to the feeling people in their life and I think that would be the only place where being too thinking oriented could be a bad thing.
    Thank You priestess.

That was a wonderful example of what I saying in the the post above yours.

You start out with a great flow of objectivity pointing out how each function might affect the way person reacts to something and how they could perhaps be better prepared for an opposite reaction. It's always better to present a problem with a solution in tow.

However it could be argued that feeling people need to give better intellectual and rational support to the thinkers in their life, and maybe not drown them in emotions.

So at that point you became subjective. You went from 3rd person to 1st person and from objective thinking to subjective feeling.

Not a criticism .. So I hope it does not come across as one.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    feeling≠emotion in MBTI, retard. you have emotions. unless you're a sociopath.

and not every feelers is going to be moved by a sunset, I know I'm not and some thinkers will be.
    Exactly. My ENTP brother is the one who helped me appreciate the stars and sunsets etc.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP

if its any comfort, when i hear about earth quakes on tv, i rarely feel that much compassion. I feel bad about it but not serious pain, though that might be because i primarily use Fi.

Anyways, i think it just means were more emotional. Just like it seems. Its probably hard to imagine it when thats not how you think but its pretty much like that.

I definetely get my feelings hurt easily and i feel a deep compassion and love at times for my friends and even people i like who i sort of know. thats probably the most extreme element of my F side.

You sound sort of guilty about it which isnt fair to yourself, (if you are that is, i might be misreading). The world needs both types, and i think feeling nothing when by a quiet beautiful beach doesnt mean your a bad person or something. Nature doesnt make me weep too often either. I can visually appreciate a nice view but its rarely something that comes with emotions as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Feeling=Subjective
    Thinking=Objective

Everyone does both, some just more than the other.
    You better include a definition for subjective and objective too, since people commonly equate objective with rational and subjective with irrational.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I friggin love sunsets.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    You better include a definition for subjective and objective too, since people commonly equate objective with rational and subjective with irrational.
    Hmmm Not at all..

Subjective is simply attaching personal value to something.. It's the difference between mercy and justice, It's like being a vegetarian because you are aware of the scientific facts concerning proper human nutrition to achieve homeostasis through out the body or because "well it's wrong to kill animals have you ever looked into the eyes of a cow, man??!!"

Am I making sense?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    feeling≠emotion in MBTI, retard. you have emotions. unless you're a sociopath.

and not every feelers is going to be moved by a sunset, I know I'm not and some thinkers will be.
    Wow.

Is this your general attitude or is it just an internet thing?

Did I say I don't have emotions? I said I wasn't empathic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Hmmm Not at all..

Subjective is simply attaching personal value to something.. It's the difference between mercy and justice, It's like being a vegetarian because you are aware of the scientific facts concerning proper human nutrition to achieve homeostasis through out the body or because "well it's wrong to kill animals have you ever looked into the eyes of a cow, man??!!"

Am I making sense?
    Errr, yeah. I know the difference. I'm thinking about others reading that
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Errr, yeah. I know the difference. I'm thinking about others reading that
    I see .. I make attempts to be as succinct as possible.
    And I hope , ideally that people know the definitions of words which are such important factors in the system they are apt to follow here.

Perhaps I am naive?