User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default INFJ facial expression

I am an INFJ, and I feel like I am usually in a content or pleasant mood, but my husband says that my face always looks sad or depressed. Is there any way to appear more positive? I don't want the world to think that I am down all the time.

MBTI
    INFJ

How do you dress? I'm starting there because it's way easier to change than your face, you know?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

I usually have 3 facial expressions. "The shit grin" As my mother calls it. The zoned out look, And the "I'm so depressed and I hate my life look" as my friend calls it.

I'd say try and laugh at anything even if it's not funny. Because the only time I look happy is when I laugh...so yeah. It's not much, but it does help with me anyway. Sorry if this asn't what you were looking for.

MBTI
    INFJ

Someone told me today that I take a long time to laugh... that is, I laugh at few of her jokes. She thought it's because I didn't find them funny... I know it's because I don't realize she's joking. What to do. I wonder if the 'neutral' facial expression is part of exuding a constant air of seriousness though? And is it just a matter of showing people you like them / want to be with them in other ways?

If you're usually in a content or pleasant mood... that is AWESOME! Are you sure it's your face? I'm skeptical that you could have a dour expression all the time... I really am. Is it a health thing? Can you explain more?

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I've been told that my expression looks a bit intense, like I am pissed off or an "authoritative librarian". It can be a bit intimidating for people. I suppose I can be a bit intense, but the smiles come when I lighten up a bit and actually take time to laugh, or when something makes me really happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

Okay Curious, I have got to see a photo... an authoritative librarian? The phrase is entirely too good. Shh!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I am an INFJ, and I feel like I am usually in a content or pleasant mood, but my husband says that my face always looks sad or depressed. Is there any way to appear more positive? I don't want the world to think that I am down all the time.
    Yeah I've gone through life with people asking me "whats wrong?" cause I'm not sitting around smiling all the time for no reason.
    Why do you want to appear more positive? If you are content, and the people who are close to you know that, then it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Well, this (<-- link) is my happy face, so make of that what you will.

People tell me I always look serious, sometimes even sad, even when I'm feeling happy. Based on the replies so far, that also seems to be a common occurrence.

People I'm close and intimate with tell me that I have an "intense" look at times. I tend to be extremely focused on the actions and reactions of those around me, so that might have something to do with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    I wonder if the 'neutral' facial expression is part of exuding a constant air of seriousness though?
    That's it for me. My P friend is like, "Why are you so gloomy all the time?!?" and it's like, this is my neutral expression! I'm just a serious person.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    Well, this (<-- link) is my happy face, so make of that what you will.

People tell me I always look serious, sometimes even sad, even when I'm feeling happy. Based on the replies so far, that also seems to be a common occurrence.

People I'm close and intimate with tell me that I have an "intense" look at times. I tend to be extremely focused on the actions and reactions of those around me, so that might have something to do with it.
    You're good-looking, Words of Ivory When you post a picture, these sort of things tend to happen! I think it might be your posture in the shot and the fact that you're sort of looking up at the camera... I don't think you should change or anything, but I just wonder if the "you look down" think people often get is just something really subtle, like the fact that I wear black 90% of the time and am super task-oriented at work... I know super-intense women who just smile a lot -- that tends to keep most people at bay.