From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    Okay Curious, I have got to see a photo... an authoritative librarian? The phrase is entirely too good. Shh!
    I think it may have been this look:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ictureid=10320
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

You look sassy to me. Your expression says that you're about to start dishing fun snark about life and everyone you see. You also look like you won't take any crap. I like that...

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    You look sassy to me. Your expression says that you're about to start dishing fun snark about life and everyone you see. You also look like you won't take any crap. I like that...

Indeed. I don't take any b.s. at all. I am a romantic first and foremost, but I will put my foot down when necessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I am an INFJ, and I feel like I am usually in a content or pleasant mood, but my husband says that my face always looks sad or depressed. Is there any way to appear more positive? I don't want the world to think that I am down all the time.
    Haha people tell me that all the time, I am not usually feeling much of anything, but my natural facial resting position looks either sad or annoyed. I have learned to wear a fake smile when I am around people though, much easier then anything else. You can tell when my smile is genuine though vs not... when I fake smile just my lips curl, when I real smile my eyes squint.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I am an INFJ, and I feel like I am usually in a content or pleasant mood, but my husband says that my face always looks sad or depressed. Is there any way to appear more positive? I don't want the world to think that I am down all the time.
    Me too. I wonder why that is? Why are some INFJs like that? Maybe it's our serious side. My ESFP friend is always telling me to "lighten up" or "come on, have fun", "be happy", "aren't you having a good time" when we're out at a bar or a concert. The thing is, I am having fun. I just can't plaster a phony smile on my face to please others. I wish I could because then I would be more approachable.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by priestessofmars View Post
    Yeah I've gone through life with people asking me "whats wrong?" cause I'm not sitting around smiling all the time for no reason.
    Why do you want to appear more positive? If you are content, and the people who are close to you know that, then it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    Well, this (<-- link) is my happy face, so make of that what you will.

People tell me I always look serious, sometimes even sad, even when I'm feeling happy. Based on the replies so far, that also seems to be a common occurrence.

People I'm close and intimate with tell me that I have an "intense" look at times. I tend to be extremely focused on the actions and reactions of those around me, so that might have something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Haha people tell me that all the time, I am not usually feeling much of anything, but my natural facial resting position looks either sad or annoyed. I have learned to wear a fake smile when I am around people though, much easier then anything else. You can tell when my smile is genuine though vs not... when I fake smile just my lips curl, when I real smile my eyes squint.
    Got too many complaints about my facial expressions over the years, so i changed, now i'm more facially engaged and relaxed, but still feeling quite fake and uncomfortable. I'm grateful that it makes people feel more comfortable around me but feels awkward.

MBTI
    INFJ

I realized that on video chat when I smile way more during the conversation people are just automatically happier/more open... weird! But I have read that people who cannot smile for medical reasons - like they truly actually cannot - have difficulties forming relationships. So maybe there is something here. Also, if you smile, you can trick your own subconscious into feeling happier too... so there is something to all of this!

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

lol I find this thread funny . This "you can't tell but I'm quite emotional" thing is really coming out.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4/5

Words of Ivory- I would very much suspect that what people are seeing (or atleast what I see) is that your eyes don't seem to fully connect with the outside world. I can definately relate to that...I think it's a strong tendency among people who spend a lot of time roaming around inside their own heads to find the outside world to be a bit too loud and harsh, and to keep one foot inside that nice quiet introvert world to protect themselves. Unfortunately, people who aren't strongly introverted view this as being somehow evasive, even rude.

I wish I had some great words of wisdom to help, but I'm afraid I still learning to manage my face. People often interpret my being quiet/reflective to recharge my batteries as being antisocial, and my explanation of "No, I'm not angry I just really want to be alone right now doesn't come across any better".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

My INFJ has the classic "Ni face", which is generally inexpressive & sometimes appearing stern, in pain ( the INFJ "martyr face" ), or just outright blank. He does smile & show expression at times, but even other people largely regard his face as impassive. In close company his face can really light up, but it's not typical. I realize how significant it was when we first met that by the end of the evening his expression towards me was downright glowing at times.

My aunt identifies as INFJ, but I see her more as eNFJ because she is very expressive. I know it's not the perfect way to type someone, but the consistency of other Ni-dom to be impassive makes her the odd one out, whereas ENFJs usually come across as consistently expressive.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe