User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENFPs: city or nature?

I don't like living in the city. I prefer a more relaxed out nature. I love seeing the forest and mountains..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

As teenager, I preferred the places where there are lots of people: living the city. Now that I'm older, I prefer the countryside where it's quiet and peaceful.

i like vacationing in nature.
    but living in the city.
    i shop. a lot.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I live in the city atm. I like convenience, and the shopping.

But I *miss* being surrounded by nature. I grew up amidst meadows. I *miss* my meadows. And I have a strange attraction to forests. So the second I get the chance....yeah, I'm moving!
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    i like vacationing in nature.
    but living in the city.
    i shop. a lot.
    Lol spoken like a tru enfp female. :P

I prefer a big city with lots of greenery inside. I think nature can be a spiritual experience but not sure what I'm supposed to do wiith it honestly. I have never been and never will be a very outdoorsy or sporty person. I do NOT get excited about camping. I like nature I do not go out of my way to seek it.

I do love large public spaces in cities like chicagos millenium park. That kind of greenery is more my speed.

I'm kinda frenetic on the inside and I need variety. I don't just need a city I need a bustling cosmopolitan city. I have never been fully happy with how relatively small dc is but its MUCH better than living in the burbs for me
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

Also I think people in big cities often seek out nature bc they get so little of it but ithat doesn't mean you wanna live in the mountains...
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

if I had to pick it'd be the city. I looooove big cities, preferably ones that have lots of options for food/entertainment/public transportation...especially at odd hours of the night. If the bar closes at 3am and i can go get Indian food and some hookah after then i couldn't be happier.

i do, however, need easy access to nature. I grew up near the ocean and the forest and Big Sur, so nature is very special to me. having to drive for more than an hour to enjoy it does not please me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

One day I plan to move out of the city to the countryside and be left alone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFp

I need a big city. I need to be at the apex of something, where the rush of life, humanity, people doing things, going places is all around me. I love human contact and meeting other people. And yes I like to shop a lot. But more than that I like to find niche stores or art galleries tucked away in a little corner of the world and they seem so niche or small or special because they are surrounded by the human ocean that is a city.

On the other hand, I love the quiet contemplation that the natural world brings. I like nothing better than to lie in the grass and soak up nature. I say lie in the grass, I do not mean a park in a city, I mean grass in the countryside. I love being in the desert too. I think (forgive the generalisation here) that ENFPs need the buzz of city life (at least the more extroverted ones) but at the same time they need a retreat, the sacred beauty of the natural world to remind of the things that really matter in life. Or maybe that's just me.
    If there is anyone who is in the sun would you help me to understand? 'Cause I've been caught in between, all you wish for and all you mean. Oh now maybe you're not even sure, what it's for anymore than me...

-Joseph Arthur, In The Sun

If I find my way, how much will I find?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah i feel a strong need for both...i want to live in the city and be around a million different people...with music on the streets and yummy food vendors and so many different types of places to go...i want to be able to go out to dinner at 3am too and enjoy the scenery on the walk home...would love to be able to take quick day trips to different scenic parks...or spend the day hiking or at the beach...i think i gots to have both...but forced to pick...i'd choose city...close to nature.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison