• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] I dislike being an ENFP.

MafiaAngel180

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm an ENFP, but I definitely don't feel bubbly, cutesy, and gigglish. With this aspect of the personality, I can't relate. (However, I think I might currently be depressed, so this could be the reason.) But I would describe myself as enthusiastic, encouraging, personable, and empathetic. (Unless people have demanded more than what I give and just sucked it out of me, then I'm just pissy. But then I get all empathetic with them somehow and feel guilty for being pissy. Therefore, I look moody.) Also...not a huge fan of kittens and rainbows. Well maybe rainbows. Maybe I will retype myself.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT 6,864,500,000 PEOPLE FIT IN 16 CATEGORIES EXACTLY?

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOUR HUGE FONT GETS THE POINT ACROSS BETTER?

No. I fucking don't. I said I don't like the stereotype. Pretty sure it was one of the first sentences.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Hee hee hee this thread is so ENFP. :D

I don't like ditzy stereotypes either but the only other type I could be is XNTP and I'm definitely not those. Some of the good, bad, and ugly of ENFP:

Good: Ani Difranco, Clementine from 'Eternal Sunshine', Anne of Green Gables...maybe
Bobby Hill on a good day from 'King of the Hill', Will Smith, the chick from 'Burn
Notice'
Bad: Michael Scott from 'The Office', Bobby Hill on any other day from 'King of the Hill',
Will Smith

ENFPs don't have to be caricatures or goofy. Of course, in pop entertainment mostly you get archetypes and extremes. IRL people who know ENFPs know what's up...even if they're haters! :p

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I like how Will Smith is in both lists. :)

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOUR HUGE FONT GETS THE POINT ACROSS BETTER?

No. I fucking don't. I said I don't like the stereotype. Pretty sure it was one of the first sentences.

YES, LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE

i luv robert pattinson:wubbie:
I FUCKING LOVE ROBERT PATTINSON, AND WHOEVER DOESN'T DESERVES TO DIE!

See the difference? ;)
Go bak 2 skool nib
altough robert pattinson is kinda ugly o_o sorry for ruining super punch effect.

@Gangster wannabe white bread: Even Hello Kitty wouldn't be scared by you bro

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
omg omg omg there's so much i wanna say...:workout:

FUCK STEREOTYPES! :yes: ENFPs are least likely of the types to fit into a stereotype. That's where this huge ordeal comes in! Trust me...I've thought about this kind of stuff a lottttt

After I really got into MBTI, I was surprised with how I could be so different from others of the same type. A lot of ENFPs were actually a little...well, annoying. Stupid bubbly barlie-esque. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of mistyped ENFPs.

The older I become, the more my Te comes out. You get this edge that comes out over time as a result of some inner growing intensity. Mine was Fi triggered. I like the idea of being strong and brave and bold...so that is what I've developed into.

Ditch stereotypes. I don't know any ENFPs that fit into them. And like that one dude said a few pages back...almost 7 Billion People aren't going to fit into 16 types perfectly. . You catching on?

And If I may give you some advice?

If it becomes such a problem to you that you start to feel crazy over the whole thing, then suspend MBTI. Put it on a shelf and force yourself not to use it or apply it to yourself to give yourself some down time. A lot of people overapply Typology...it'll mess with you!

So get some level footing, quit worrying about your type (because it ultimately doesn't matter and you shouldn't give a F), take some time to understand yourself, and stop pretending that you're even ABOUT to fit into one of the 16 types perfectly...ok?:hug:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm an ENFP, but I definitely don't feel bubbly, cutesy, and gigglish.

That's because being bubbly has nothing to do with ENFPs.

There is a popular typology site or book (I forget which one--maybe it's from Please Understand Me) that says something like "when ENFPs talk, they're like a fountain bubbling over, their mouths trying to keep up with with the rapid thoughts and ideas, etc."

Somewhere along the line, people interpreted this as ENFPs being bubbly, when that's not what it meant at all.

And some typology sites list Ariel from Disney's The Little Mermaid as an ENFP, which, in my opinion, confuses the issue even more.

Then there is the "silly switch" concept, being extremely goofy at times, which I think is true of ENFPs, but all this stuff together gets all twisted into the false idea that ENFPs are generally bubbly, cutesy, and giggly.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

There is a popular typology site or book (I forget which one--maybe it's from Please Understand Me) that says something like "when ENFPs talk, they're like a fountain bubbling over, their mouths trying to keep up with with the rapid thoughts and ideas, etc."

Somewhere along the line, people interpreted this as ENFPs being bubbly, when that's not what it meant at all.

And some typology sites list Ariel from Disney's The Little Mermaid as an ENFP, which, in my opinion, confuses the issue even more.

Then there is the "silly switch" concept, being extremely goofy at times, which I think is true of ENFPs, but all this stuff together gets all twisted into the false idea that ENFPs are generally bubbly, cutesy, and giggly.

Yes.

You can't forget all those imposters and wannabes...

S

Sniffles

Speaking as a non-ENFP, I would say I get that impression more from interacting with ENFPs than because I read it out of a book. If anything the book would confirm my own observations.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
YES, LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE

i luv robert pattinson:wubbie:
I FUCKING LOVE ROBERT PATTINSON, AND WHOEVER DOESN'T DESERVES TO DIE!

See the difference? ;)
Go bak 2 skool nib
altough robert pattinson is kinda ugly o_o sorry for ruining super punch effect.

@Gangster wannabe white bread: Even Hello Kitty wouldn't be scared by you bro

I LOVE HELLO KITTY.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Us being in the same "box" in the MBTI typing doesn't make us all ENFP's similar. There are differences. MBTI is only about preference. Preference doens't mean necessarily acting the way you prefer or being able to act that way in each situation.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What's there to dislike? Not being able to live in the moment? Needing lots of interaction? Being stupidly idealistic? Or being a bum?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes I wish I could be more practical, competent in the more commonly needed things in this society, or at least average at skills that everyone else seems to have, yes.

But then I remember there's no way I'd wanna stop looking at the world the way I do.

It's a pay-off, I guess.

Doesn't keep me from feeling useless and childish/childlike, as well as utterly incompetent at survival from time to time though.

As far as the stereotype goes...I don't mind it, as I relate very much to the typical idea of an ENFP...it's more that that image is rather incomplete. It pretty much describes mostly what's on the outside...and is very limited on the waters that run deeper inside an ENFP, I find.