User Tag List

First 1234 Last

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Because of the stereotype.

We're thought to be fun-loving, bubbly, disorganized, flaky, irrational, emotional, head-in-the-clouds, lighthearted, illogical. Dislikes/unable to confront, cannot take criticism, trouble saying no.

The list goes on.

This is not true for me at all.

I am not a maelstrom of emotions. I am highly logical. I rarely pay attention to my emotions. Emotional people irritate me.

I am not particularily disorganized.

I am not flaky. I am NOT irrational.

I have no problem with confrontation, I don't mind arguing.

I can take criticism. Infact, I don't even care.

I can say no. I can say no and make sure you know I mean it.

I am not a drama queen. I HATE drama. I keep my issues to myself.

But still, I am an ENFP.
    hmmmm, you dont neccesarily HAVE to fit every trait of an enfp. Stereotypes are the extreme types, not many people are extreme enfps or any other type. Have you thought of what an "average" or more moderate enfp would be like? I would like to hear how you percieve yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well i don't have trouble saying no...in fact i like saying it much...i dislike doing what's expected...so no! no! no! haha and...i only like drama if it's funny...and it's a joke...not like for real drama everyone pay attention to me about this or that stupid thing that could be so easily resolved on your own quietly sthu no one wants to hear it! and...confrontation isn't something i seek out or crave but will do so when necessary without much concern....but the other stuff...disorganized...emotional...illogical...yep all that stuff to some degree yep.

you sound a bit more entpish but i know another enfp who does also.
    Confrontation's not something I seek out either. If it's a good day or something's really at stake, I might just be unnecessarily sweet to some aggressive people.. almost borderline timid or doing my best to be humorous. But there's a difference between liking confrontation and not being able to confront people. I don't have the heart to.. bait people. I even feel bad when it's on accident, like in a joke or thoughtless comment. On the other hand, I've been known to ruin everybody's night by choking someone till they were almost blue. If someone else wants confrontation, and makes me face it, then I don't mind showing them that they aren't what they think.

Umm, point being, F's can be "confrontational", but probably/usually not in an initiating way. If you say you like confrontation in a directive or baiting nature, that might be more T though.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Because of the stereotype.

We're thought to be fun-loving, bubbly, disorganized, flaky, irrational, emotional, head-in-the-clouds, lighthearted, illogical. Dislikes/unable to confront, cannot take criticism, trouble saying no.

The list goes on.

This is not true for me at all.

I am not a maelstrom of emotions. I am highly logical. I rarely pay attention to my emotions. Emotional people irritate me.

I am not particularily disorganized.

I am not flaky. I am NOT irrational.

I have no problem with confrontation, I don't mind arguing.

I can take criticism. Infact, I don't even care.

I can say no. I can say no and make sure you know I mean it.

I am not a drama queen. I HATE drama. I keep my issues to myself.

But still, I am an ENFP.
    I don't know about "not paying attention to emotions" and "not even caring about criticism" (the enfps' I know deal with their emotions in their own time, or filter it through art, and they can take a fair amount of criticsm up to a point, but it still gets to them inside)... but this is the general picture I had of enfps'

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Could just be low on Fi...high on Ne-Te
    Or one could just assume that this is an ENFP who has his shit together.

Fi that is well and properly developed is still introverted, and a lack of emo outbursts could imply either "suppressed Fi" or "developed Fi."

If he's worried about whether he's ENTP or INTP or whatever else, let him open those topics.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally don't see enfps as having emo outbursts...our feeling is introverted.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Or one could just assume that this is an ENFP who has his shit together.

Fi that is well and properly developed is still introverted, and a lack of emo outbursts could imply either "suppressed Fi" or "developed Fi."

If he's worried about whether he's ENTP or INTP or whatever else, let him open those topics.
    ^If that's the case, I dislike being a "go with the flow" or "emokid" Fi dom.

Because it isn't true. Besides, I'm 33...too old for being an emokid. I better at least have Fi developed.

Then again, I was the same way at 10. Maybe I'm a different type.. maybe everyone who says No is a hardass ENTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm not quite sure what to think. I honestly think I'm perfectly on the borderline of being F and T. I am a feeler, but a thinker too.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

I'm not quite sure what to think. I honestly think I'm perfectly on the borderline of being F and T. I am a feeler, but a thinker too.
    You might be one of those cool NFP, enneagram type 5 people.

Just keep exploring if you have to.. no one is rushing you. I've gone through several types myself

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh yikes. Just took this test.