• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Ask an ENFP

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've never seem an enfp (or infp) take part in a political thread. Are you folks unaware or dont care?

Perhaps it's the live and let live thingy.

Both ENFP's I know well are VERY active in politics and political things. I mean sit in's, boycotts, protesting, petitioning, campaigning..that kind of stuff. They are live and let live to a point but when their values are crossed, it lights a fire under them and they don't do that ENFP-y changing minds a million times about it. One of them would probably become a professional protester if they could.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION] K, I must not be enfp then :coffee: :alttongue:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Why do people think I am one of you guys?

Do people really see you as ENFP? You can come off as very "feelery" here and there, and around the right people, but I don't know, maybe more Fe than Fi?

Perhaps we are just trying to convert more people to come to our side :newwink:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Playing on [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]'s question, do you think the majority of ENFPs are liberals/on the left?

I know 3 ENFPs and 2 are strongly on the left.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Playing on [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]'s question, do you think the majority of ENFPs are liberals/on the left?

I know 3 ENFPs and 2 are strongly on the left.

Both ENFP's I know are strongly liberal/left.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Both ENFP's I know are strongly liberal/left.

Do you think an ENFP's function stack would lend any preference to modern liberalism/leftism?

Let's theorize :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never seem an enfp (or infp) take part in a political thread. Are you folks unaware or dont care?

Perhaps it's the live and let live thingy.
Jung actually specifically states that Ne is attuned to issues like politics because it is finding patterns in the external world. Ne helps people to predict outcomes in the external world, so he cites politics specifically as one application of that function.

I've wondered if I use more Ne than Ni, but I'm not especially inclined towards politics unless there is some way I can help. It mostly just throws me into existential depression about the futility of humankind and the mass amounts of pain people cause one another in the world. I can't do politics unless I have a strong drink first.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you think an ENFP's function stack would lend any preference to modern liberalism/leftism?

Let's theorize :D

Well, we can theorize but for these particular ENFP's, it's more about their upbringing, in my opinion.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, we can theorize but for these particular ENFP's, it's more about their upbringing, in my opinion.

I think upbringing is a given. Are you saying then that you don't think functional stacking has anything to do with it?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think upbringing is a given. Are you saying then that you don't think functional stacking has anything to do with it?

I think Ne looks for the novel and exciting or the not boring in this situation. Fi is going to determine their values and personal belief. NeFi = fuck the man I PROTEST! So of course their functional stacking is going to have a lot to do with it.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Ne looks for the novel and exciting or the not boring in this situation. Fi is going to determine their values and personal belief. NeFi = fuck the man I PROTEST! So of course their functional stacking is going to have a lot to do with it.

Yeah, there we go. That's what I wanted to get at. I think [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] also brought up a good point about Ne and basically seeing external patterns. So what about the Fi-Te (fight? lol) combo would motivate someone to fall on the left? What about INTJs with Ni and Te-Fi instead? Same sentiments or any at all?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I quite enjoy listening to political ( religious , philosophical, and economical too) arguments people make. I'm drawn to the reasoning behind their arguments and looking for inconsistencies. I'm not an ENFP though so I don't think I have quite as strong of an urge to 'become part of the cause' rather than remaining objective ( but I'm not afraid to get dirty and get into the fight).

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, ENFPs can be very enthusiastic about a chosen cause, to the point that they will totally drop their light and fluffy image and become rather mean and nasty about it. It's their worst trait in my opinion: perfectly reasonable people who can become utterly irrational about any point that contradicts their chosen cause.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I'm quite proud of the Champion part of my character :coffee:

But sure, most people don't like it, since suddenly the easy going silly person who mostly has entertainment value takes a hard stand, omg, actually is able to be serious about something, and stand up for it. They especially don't enjoy the easy goingness being revoked as it's kind of taken for granted. And of course, where did their entertainment go?

I guess it is sort of understandable - changing your role with people goes against their expectations and (sudden) big changes are never something people can appreciate :shrug: