• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Ask an ENFP

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: Then you havent prodded enough of them yet. For me its a Pavlovian response by now: see an intj, prod it, smart ass it; obtain goey centre or at least a confused stern look :devil:

The big idea thing is true. I believe [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] at some point described it as the Enfp will come up with a crazy idea and spin off associations, the intj takes those bits and pieces and uses Ni to trim it down, waeve it in a tight little succinct package which the enfp then takes and spins off more ideas from and so in. Its quite fun ;)

You might also want to look at the edits i made to my previous post.

I think there is something else going on there.

So if the INTJ tells you, wait I'm busy, what do you feel?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think there is something else going on there.

So if the INTJ tells you, wait I'm busy, what do you feel?

Depends. I make it my business to know when he is serious and when he is likely to...forgive me if i interfere. It also depends on what you have to offer him in return, ive found.

On the whole, i understand and have no prob honoring that request as long as it aint a standard answer, chronically abused. I aint a dog you can chain inthe yard. And while i respect and reconize when hou need some time to introvert, i have certain needs i expect you to do the same for.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take it you want one?
You might want to check out the trainwrecks of threads on intjs and enfps in the archives :)

Yeah I'm curious.

Point me to those threads. What would I search for or just give the links :whistling:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I'm curious.

Point me to those threads. What would I search for or just give the links :whistling:

Oh look, Te directives. How cute :wubbie:

Look for intj-enfp fetishist and intj enfp disastrous something. Fair warning: you will roll your eyes out of their socketS due to drama overload, tangents, repitition and the sheer size of those threads. But is should give you an idea of how the dynamic works and what the pitfalls are. I want you toremember, going in, that im living proof that when it works...it can be everything youve ever needed. Good luck to you ;)

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends. I make it my business to know when he is serious and when he is likely to...forgive me if i interfere. It also depends on what you have to offer him in return, ive found.

On the whole, i understand and have no prob honoring that request as long as it aint a standard answer, chronically abused. I aint a dog you can chain inthe yard. And while i respect and reconize when hou need some time to introvert, i have certain needs i expect you to do the same for.

I coincidently used the whistling emoticon before reading this post. :holy:

I think I might have an ENFP around me at work. She sort of respects me, I think, or looks out for me, don't know why. She has that smart-ass attitude sometimes.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I coincidently used the whistling emoticon before reading this post. :holy:

I think I might have an ENFP around me at work. She sort of respects me, I think, or looks out for me, don't know why. She has that smart-ass attitude sometimes.

Grin. And you love it, i bet :D
Good hunting ;)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The big idea thing is true. I believe [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] at some point described it as the Enfp will come up with a crazy idea and spin off associations, the intj takes those bits and pieces and uses Ni to trim it down, waeve it in a tight little succinct package which the enfp then takes and spins off more ideas from and so in. Its quite fun ;)

It applies more generally to Ni/Ne interactions. So any xNxJ type with any xNxP type can interact this way.

R

Riva

Please tell us how you people sniff out or spot intjs. It's an undeniable talent you people have.

Also tel me why is it that enfps are adverse to normal male persuasions?

The first queation might be a joke :p.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It applies more generally to Ni/Ne interactions. So any xNxJ type with any xNxP type can interact this way.

True, for sure, though the shared FiTe keeps the focus more on the game, i find. As does being both N-Dom.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I can't be sure exactly what you mean by this, but I think it has something to do with authenticity. When people seem to be playing by the rules, it's kind of a sign they're doing a thing, rather than doing themselves.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Please tell us how you people sniff out or spot intjs. It's an undeniable talent you people have.

The first queation might be a joke :p.

Not sure what you define as ' normal male persuasion' :thinking:

As for the sniffing, it s an Si stored Ne pattern recognition. Iow, the stick up the ass, stern death glare puzzled demeanor when encountering us is like a beacon. Mostly coz they usually dont look at me disapprovingly, at least not till we actively prod them. And thats a huge difference from the rest of the population. They just observe and take inventory. They do the Fi homework needed toassess us correctly - if they consider us worth the study - like [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] in fact demonstrated here. What is he doing, if not taking the time to process and research the creature that has caught his eye - with no assumptions as to her motives, just curiosity and follow through to find out. No short cuts, no half assing, no prejudice - just honest work.

R

Riva

I can't be sure exactly what you mean by this, but I think it has something to do with authenticity. When people seem to be playing by the rules, it's kind of a sign they're doing a thing, rather than doing themselves.
Thank you.
As simple as this may sound it makes perfect sense.

Edit - now go fight with your nemesis ;).

Not sure what you define as ' normal male persuasion' :thinking:

As for the sniffing, it s an Si stored Ne pattern recognition. Iow, the stick up the ass, stern death glare puzzled demeanor when encountering us is like a beacon. Mostly coz they usually dont look at me disapprovingly, at least not till we actively prod them. And thats a huge difference from the rest of the population. They just observe and take inventory. They do the Fi homework needed toassess us correctly - if they consider us worth the study - like [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] in fact demonstrated here. What is he doing, if not taking the time to process and research the creature that has caught his eye - with no assumptions as to her motives, just curiosity and follow through to find out. No short cuts, no half assing, no prejudice - just honest work.

Thank you. This is however an advance scenario where the enfp has taken a bit of interest or has begun the seduction process.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thats an assumption :D
Just because she looks out for him, doesnt mean its seduction or even interest in that sense. Sure, it is likely she is a bit inteigued by him or enjoys his company, but that does not mean she is aware or consciously setting a goal to check him out in that capacity. Thats what he is doing!

We tend to be intrigued by people for different reasons and engage people readily as extraverts. This is how an enfp sniffs out 'sparks' or potential for any type of bond with people, and its hardly advanced. In fact, id call that stage 1- aka the first stage after the initial sniff :shrug:

Ime, intjs either act oblivious to the initial sniff- which is why you wanna try a few times, properly spaced out to retrieve optimal data/feedback - or they start their own evaluation process of you, occasionally seeking you out for more data. In fact, after my initial pinging, they usually take over the show and take initiative in setting the pace for contact. All i have to to is reply and follow direction

Thank you. This is however an advance scenario where the enfp has taken a bit of interest or has begun the seduction process.

OrangeJuice94

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dear ENFP,

In the event of being stalked by an ENFP, how can I get away without being sniffed, tackled, or harassed, by the insanely energetic and joyful ENFPs that are within 100 miles of me.

- An NTJ with no more will to run.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear ENFP,

In the event of being stalked by an ENFP, how can I get away without being sniffed, tackled, or harassed, by the insanely energetic and joyful ENFPs that are within 100 miles of me.

- An NTJ with no more will to run.

:laugh:

Sniffing you cannot avoid, but ignoring us works pretty well, and if it doesn't, use the words: Thanks but im not interested, so I would appreciate some personal space. Nothing personal.'

Most enfps will - sulkingly so - respect free will and free choice, as well as personal space :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Perfect answer. :)

I have a special fondness for guys who are both socially graceful and blunt. The ones who have practiced how to play nice if they want, but also willfully disregard playing nice when they choose to. I love knowing that my partner can be a classy gentleman when the occasion merits it, but will also call it like it is when the occasion merits it.

As for not being as attracted to "normal" guys and "normal" game... eh. I think normal guys are nice but they already get girls and they're already relatively happy. I like the undiscovered gems better. And even with the relatively normal ones, I like cracking them open and finding the unusual aspects of them. It's pleasant to revel in the freedom of weirdness, and it's pleasing to soothe someone's anxiety about their weirdness and affirm them for who they are, warts and all. There's nothing more satisfying than being able to be truly openly myself around my partner and welcoming him to be truly openly himself, too. He's gorgeous inside and out.

How do ENFPs feel about INTJs romantically.
Are you naturally drawn to INTJ or would you rather prefer the ISTJ?

I tend to find INTJs attractive, but sometimes I can feel like INTJs are too "mature" for me, if that makes sense. I am a very serious person and it is very pleasing to me if my partner has a good dose of levity. Same for ISTJs.

I have a personal fondness for SJs but I think ENFPs on the whole probably are more attracted to INTJs.

Do you folks consider yourselves to have superior cleverness to that of those ultra-witty ENTPs?

Nah, they win. I do feel like I can be better at using my cleverness/resourcefulness in a way that builds people up individually, though. ENTPs can be fun and inclusive but they can also be a little cruel and dismissive. I think that for ENFPs, we enjoy being witty too, but we'll generally rein it in if it's going to come at the expense of someone else feeling bad.

Whats your approach to aesthetics? What usually catches your eye visually?

In terms of decorating, I love a combination of organic, elegant, comfortable, and heartwarming.

In terms of just generally catching my eye, anything that strikes me as cozy and ethereal.

W

WALMART

What are your least favorite commonly correlated attributes with being ENFP?

Which ones do you think are accurate?

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do ENFPs feel about INTJs romantically.
Are you naturally drawn to INTJ or would you rather prefer the ISTJ?

I wish I had the opportunity to date one. Would be all over that.
Have dated an ENTJ- and it's my kryptonite. But the lack of empathy is draining.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are your least favorite commonly correlated attributes with being ENFP?

Which ones do you think are accurate?

Least favourite: manipulative, slut, unreliable, flaky, cruel, do not know what they want, airhead, has nothing of import to contribute, all fluff, ditzy, intentionally leads people on, power-hungry, attention whore, intentionally take advantage of people with their charm, blow hot and cold, drama queen, not to be trusted.

Bolded are , at least for me, true, but only the flakiness and unreliability in certain areas is something I havent figured out yet how to quantify, address, and have a good reason for. Iow, i have good reasons for being those other things and I can explain them OR it is a difference in priority between me and those who see that quality as more important or more inclusive.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get this impression that [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is a ninja. My understanding of ninjas is that they blend in and then suddenly all hell breaks loose.