User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Thread: Ask an ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

would you consider damon salvatore (from the vampire diaries) or tony stark (iron man) an ENFP?
    if not, what would you consider them?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

oh, and are ENFPs generally rebellious? can they be 'dark'

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by marthella.minne View Post
    What do you mean by dark? Are we rebellious? Not really I don't think. We can have our own beliefs that we stick to no matter who disagrees with us, but we don't do it as a way to rebel. We in general, do not like genuine conflict. We can be very dark with our thoughts, much like every NF. Not so if it is linked with rebellion though.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    infp

Default enfp relationship question

Ms. enfps,

long term relationship -14years- with 3 children and each in full time jobs.

i'm tired of settling in for "good enough" when i feel we could be better than best, especially now that the children are a bit older, less dependent. but my enfp wife is happy and content in this place, pleased to keep the same patterns of relating and living.

what can i do? if energy follows intention, how do i get us to intention?

mr. infp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

mmm is that so? i have 'rebellious' running through my veins. i analyse every rule and if it is imoral according to my belief system and not a result of a genuine need but the result of a conservative approach to things, i will stand by my principles and defend my truths and even try to convince people around me to see the truth and start a change. talk about a rebel

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    What do you mean by dark? Are we rebellious? Not really I don't think. We can have our own beliefs that we stick to no matter who disagrees with us, but we don't do it as a way to rebel. We in general, do not like genuine conflict. We can be very dark with our thoughts, much like every NF. Not so if it is linked with rebellion though.

Quote Originally Posted by 99tinkerbells View Post
    Ms. enfps,

i'm tired of settling in for "good enough" when i feel we could be better than best, especially now that the children are a bit older, less dependent. but my enfp wife is happy and content in this place, pleased to keep the same patterns of relating and living.

mr. infp
    I kinda feel bad. Did this poor guy, 99tinkerbells...come on here and no one answered his ENFP question?
    I will try to take a stab at it.
    If your ENFP is happy & content...good luck getting her to work towards best. OMG that wasn't helpful!

No, no...you will just need to convince her that doing the work will be to her benefit. Share your vision of the future with her. Get her excited about whatever your ideal relationship looks like.

Anyway...hope you are well...although I don't think you will ever see this message

MBTI
    ENFP

I think ENFPs are generally rebellious in that they do their best to not follow any rules they find pointless or too controlling.

And we ENFPs can be dark. Fi is a very dramatic function, but for whatever reason type descriptions seem to focus on our light fluffy side that we take on when delighted. But when i'm feeling sad or disillusioned i can spend long dark periods trapped in my head. All of my ENFP friends do this every once in a while.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Got any big plans tonight?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Going to watch Water For Elephants with the wife.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

would you consider damon salvatore (from the vampire diaries) or tony stark (iron man) an ENFP?
    if not, what would you consider them?
    Never saw VDs, but Iron man is NOT ENFP at all. I could see ExTP though.

Many ENFPs have proclaimed being "dark" on the forum here, it isn't a far stretch to make that statement. It seems they've all claimed some sort of dislike for being boxed in with rules and such.. I'm probably one of the least rebellious ENFPs here and I still find myself being quite rebellious at times just for the sake of being so. I think that's just the child-like mentality that will never leave us.

Quote Originally Posted by 99tinkerbells View Post
    Ms. enfps,

mr. infp
    It can be hard to change my schedule. People in general get comfortable with certain things.. when I've been in the house too much, I find it hard to leave the house. When I leave the house all the time, I feel boxed in at the very same house. Schedule and rhythm make us feel more adult like and keep us on track.. breaking that up means some effort on our part, which can make people nervous.

If it were me, I'd say "You know. I want to go do x..." talk about it for a while. Get into it verbally, and give plenty of cues that that is the road you want to head down. This helps prep ENFP with communication cues all over the place. Eventually, start making motions towards that. If she likes it and it starts sounding exciting, and real, instead of just words, she may be more apt to jump on board and dive in.

Going to watch Water For Elephants with the wife.
    Hanging out with a buddy.. ignoring the remnants of being sick. Probably playing SC2. Easy night for me too.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge