User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Ask an ENFP

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

A girl will say something to me that'll have me thinking for the next year about what that means about who she is, why she thought that, and the story behind that statement. I don't know about other ENFPs, but I try to find the whole story behind everything, and get a look of the picture from afar, which is why I believe ENFP often have this vacant, dreamy look, because the cognitive functions line up for us to connect dots like some map of the world's freeways, and fly routes.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Are NFs (and specifically ENFPs) spiritual people? Do they see deeper meanings behind everything?
    I guess ENTPs see deeper structures, not meanings...
    I am . And I see deeper meaning in just about everything that comes to mind.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have a question for my ENFP bretheren and sistren.
    What spurs you into action?
    Are you spontaneous?
    I keep picking up on opinion that ENFP's are not so action orientated but i personally feel otherwise.
    If i believe in something, if i feel it i can act in the spur of the moment.
    E.g i see a group of kids hassling another, pushing him/her around and it looks out of control... i don't think and theorize, i go over and sort it out.
    second example...
    I get a phone call, friends are going for a weekend away with their kids, i have 10 minutes to pack if i want to go and it sounds very exciting-the kids will also love it. Circumstances permitting, i grab a few things (not forgetting my own kids haha) and head off-just like that
    Third example.....
    There are some problems with the school, lots of children are unhappy and parents are complaining to each other in the playground, if it is something i feel strongly about i don't just stand around complaining, i get a few parents together, discuss it, and get one of the parents to write a letter from the group expressing the problems and how we think we may solve them to the head.

Anyone else like this, i find it hard to believe that all ENFP's would just theorize and not act, esp on things they believe in.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

^Even I can be like that.. Not an ENFP though. I think.

Also, I don't have kids, so I'm not quite as busy as you...But I can relate on the weekend outings. If someone tells me they're going to the lake or something, sometimes I just go. I need to be more prepared though.. I never have fancy stuff like cots and my own tent. And when we get there, I'm not much of an extrovert. I might just jump off the boat and float off quietly on my own a bit, listening to the party, but not quite as social or into the same subjects. Sometimes I just might leave the next morning and got enough from it.

I'll respond or try to change something if someone's being wronged or something's being done in bad taste. I wonder if Se is necessarily action oriented so much as just present oriented (which, by definition, makes them action oriented, but still..). I think an NF would eventually spark themselves into action simply because of strong beliefs. Maybe it's not the best description when it's said that Ne sees "possibilities", because that can also mean seeing need for change...not just possibilities in terms of playing with ideas and theorizing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Are you spontaneous?
    I keep picking up on opinion that ENFP's are not so action orientated but i personally feel otherwise.
    E.g i see a group of kids hassling another, pushing him/her around and it looks out of control... i don't think and theorize, i go over and sort it out.
    second example...
    I get a phone call, friends are going for a weekend away with their kids, i have 10 minutes to pack if i want to go and it sounds very exciting-the kids will also love it. Circumstances permitting, i grab a few things (not forgetting my own kids haha) and head off-just like that
    Third example.....
    There are some problems with the school, lots of children are unhappy and parents are complaining to each other in the playground, if it is something i feel strongly about i don't just stand around complaining, i get a few parents together, discuss it, and get one of the parents to write a letter from the group expressing the problems and how we think we may solve them to the head.

Anyone else like this, i find it hard to believe that all ENFP's would just theorize and not act, esp on things they believe in.

I was more action oriented when younger, these days I'm just lazy. But if somebody is bullied or I see great wrong happening, I'll act immediately. I have ability to act NOW but these days I choose not to most of time (=laziness).

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Are NFs (and specifically ENFPs) spiritual people? Do they see deeper meanings behind everything?
    I guess ENTPs see deeper structures, not meanings...
    I see meanings behind everything but not in a spiritual/religious sense. Say I see an ad on the subway with some good looking model with some fragrance or something, I'll like to think about what kind of things they're appealing to, what kind of word play is there (intentional or not). This just an example. I should really give you more, but my Ne/lack of Te is kicking in right now and I really can't be stuffed :P. Maybe later.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I am thinking that I am an ENFP - and I must state that T(e) must be engaged by the auxiliary F(i) for an ENFP to make much use of it. If we use our dominate N(e) to nudge the T(e) all we will get is a new concept that will spiral around our heads. T(e) is not about new concepts. It is about organization. We must organize guided by a sense of self control, not spontaneity.
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Are you spontaneous?
    [...] Anyone else like this, i find it hard to believe that all ENFP's would just theorize and not act, esp on things they believe in.
    sistren

i think it depends what we're talking about. i'm very spontaneous if i have my mind made up about something. if my best friend says hey, let's go to the beach this weekend, i'll be ready to go in 20 minutes. probably faster than her

i also tend to act in situations where there is injustice and no one is making headway. like you said, esp on things they believe in.

plus i tend to firestart in general. i LOVE to plan trips and often initiate group gatherings, but i don't really like being in charge all the time either. more like i prefer to firestart and then run with the flow. and i'm not so much one to lead a longterm effort, either.

i flit between activity and reflection...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm extremely action oriented. Sometimes I make plans a bit too big for even my plate.. but generally, when I say I aim to do something, I try my best to actually go through with it. One of the things I don't like to be is a flake.. so I won't announce an action unless I intend on doing it for real.

Besides self-motivated goals.. seeing someone else struggling will spur me into action to help them. I don't even think twice. The bystander effect isn't so strong with me I suppose. and anything that sounds fun, or something that sounds challenging or interesting, will spur me immediately into action.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

DEAR ENFPs:

how do you make (good) decisions?

love,
    indecisive ENFP

bonus question -- depression remedies?
    (because i suspect this is more existential than chemical)