MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Do ENFPs get shy?

When do they go introverted?

Where does aloofness fit in?
    i can be shy when first meting someone i'm attracted to/interested in and sometimes in interviews with a certain type of person.

and...hmm i don't think i notice my introversion/extroversion ever fluctuating but i'm always consistently in the middle i think. maybe i misunderstand what you mean?? i mean...sometimes i talk to others a lot and sometimes i don't... which sort of leads into the next question. i can be aloof. i'm either feeling it or i'm not. and it has nothing to do with being shy...to be totally blunt sometimes i just don't care. or am bored...not feeling the juice...it's an sx thing i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Do people ever tell you you're mercurial, or joke that you seem bi-polar?

Was your extraversion very apparent from an early age? I have read that a lot of ENFP's started out dreamy and seemingly introverted, before they figured out a way to bring their Ne to the masses (Robin Williams and Russell Brand for instance, both claim to have been pretty withdrawn kids). Or were you just adorable little chatterboxes since you were little?
    no i don't think anyone has ever said i seem bipolar.

my extraversion was not apparent...and likely still isn't that much. i was a shy kid...kind of. i mean my parents said i was always happy and laughing and knew how to charm a room and would sort of turn on the cute to get my way...ughh

but...in school i was soft spoken, had my 3 super close best friends and was shy with most everyone else until about 4th or 5th grade. i've never been super extraverted tho. i'm just ne first.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth_perhaps View Post
    hahaha, I'm sorry I get confused on how to quote and answer things properly on here. I just wanted to be a mermaid, and everyone else wanted puberty. WHATEVUUUUR.
    my sister and i were full on serious with our mermaid pretend world in the pool...like for real. i was a mermaid for a whole summer i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I used to wear a silver, reflective vest to school, and pretend I was an alien studying public schools. The ladies lined up very early.
    haha!! i used to pretend i was an alien studying these human life forms too!!
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth_perhaps View Post
    awwwe, thats still cute though. there was this big project in the third grade about "what do you want to be when you grow up" where you had to write a four paragraph essay on why you want to be this or that. I wrote it on my own and tried to convince my teacher why being a mermaid is dutiful profession and she needs to stop being so mean. The bitch called my parents and my parents are an ENFJ, and ENFP couple. I remember my ENFP dad telling her with a thick boston accent on the phone "WAAT? MY DAUGTAH CAN BE A MERMAID IF SHE GOD DAMN WANTS TOO."

yay for enfp dads!! haha
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i can be shy when first meting someone i'm attracted to/interested in and sometimes in interviews with a certain type of person.

and...hmm i don't think i notice my introversion/extroversion ever fluctuating but i'm always consistently in the middle i think. maybe i misunderstand what you mean?? i mean...sometimes i talk to others a lot and sometimes i don't... which sort of leads into the next question. i can be aloof. i'm either feeling it or i'm not. and it has nothing to do with being shy...to be totally blunt sometimes i just don't care. or am bored...not feeling the juice...it's an sx thing i think.

my extraversion was not apparent...and likely still isn't that much. i was a shy kid...kind of. i mean my parents said i was always happy and laughing and knew how to charm a room and would sort of turn on the cute to get my way...ughh
    You're a pretty bashful ENFP

but...in school i was soft spoken, had my 3 super close best friends and was shy with most everyone else until about 4th or 5th grade. i've never been super extraverted tho. i'm just ne first.
    I wonder how common that is? Ne-dom, but not very extraverted...maybe that will be my next question.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

You're a pretty bashful ENFP

I wonder how common that is? Ne-dom, but not very extraverted...maybe that will be my next question.
    Actually that's very common. Ne doms are extroverted, but about IDEAS, not people. They can be shy around people, until they find themselves with someone else who talks about ideas, at which point they cannot shut up.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Actually that's very common. Ne doms are extroverted, but about IDEAS, not people. They can be shy around people, until they find themselves with someone else who talks about ideas, at which point they cannot shut up.
    *round of applause*

that was well said.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    This totally makes sense. WHY ARE YOU SO SMART?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

This totally makes sense. WHY ARE YOU SO SMART?
    I'm an INTJ*. QED

An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.