User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

Thread: Ask an ENFP

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth_perhaps View Post
    hahaha, I'm sorry I get confused on how to quote and answer things properly on here. I just wanted to be a mermaid, and everyone else wanted puberty. WHATEVUUUUR.
    I used to wear a silver, reflective vest to school, and pretend I was an alien studying public schools. The ladies lined up very early.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Thanks for responding! I wanna ask another one that is sort of targeted at YOU, but can still be answered by an old ENFP:

I notice you have a Mark Twain quote in your signature, do you find you relate a lot to things Ne-dom authors say, or at least the wya they express themselves (Dickens, Wilde, Hunter S. Thompson, Elizabeth Gilbert, Kurt Vonnegut, whoever else you can think of)?
    Yes! Absolutely. Same with Fi heavy writers or artists too. I instantly relate to expression of either of those functions in words or art. It's like ahh yes, a little slice of home.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

I used to wear a silver, reflective vest to school, and pretend I was an alien studying public schools. The ladies lined up very early.
    awwwe, thats still cute though. there was this big project in the third grade about "what do you want to be when you grow up" where you had to write a four paragraph essay on why you want to be this or that. I wrote it on my own and tried to convince my teacher why being a mermaid is dutiful profession and she needs to stop being so mean. The bitch called my parents and my parents are an ENFJ, and ENFP couple. I remember my ENFP dad telling her with a thick boston accent on the phone "WAAT? MY DAUGTAH CAN BE A MERMAID IF SHE GOD DAMN WANTS TOO."
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

awwwe, thats still cute though. there was this big project in the third grade about "what do you want to be when you grow up" where you had to write a four paragraph essay on why you want to be this or that. I wrote it on my own and tried to convince my teacher why being a mermaid is dutiful profession and she needs to stop being so mean. The bitch called my parents and my parents are an ENFJ, and ENFP couple. I remember my ENFP dad telling her with a thick boston accent on the phone "WAAT? MY DAUGTAH CAN BE A MERMAID IF SHE GOD DAMN WANTS TOO."
    I don't know if it's a good career, but my friends hired a mermaid for their kid's pool party. The kids were afraid and wouldn't get in the pool. But see, it's not so far fetched. It's sad so many teachers rain down invalidation on imaginative types.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Most epic dad ever

I remember being asked to write a story as a nine year old in class. It could be about whatever we wanted it to be, whatever our dreams were like. And sure enough, I wrote about a girl who could turn into a mermaid and had a scepter that turned into a glass pendant when she became a mermaid.

....my teachers reaction when she gave me back my story was priceless - she seriously didn't know what to say.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    I don't know if it's a good career, but my friends hired a mermaid for their kid's pool party. The kids were afraid and wouldn't get in the pool. But see, it's not so far fetched. It's sad so many teachers rain down invalidation on imaginative types.
    Yeah, I got along well with teachers I showed respect too but also showed that is very hard for me to think logically. It's always been a love/hate battle with them. They like me, but they don't like my nonsense.
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Most epic dad ever

I remember being asked to write a story as a nine year old in class. It could be about whatever we wanted it to be, whatever our dreams were like. And sure enough, I wrote about a girl who could turn into a mermaid and had a scepter that turned into a glass pendant when she became a mermaid.

....my teachers reaction when she gave me back my story was priceless - she seriously didn't know what to say.
    hahahahaha, thats awesome! it sounds like a sailor moon mermaid story. we read the book bunnicula in the fourth grade, and the last day we read the book we could dress up like vampires. like a cape or some teeth. I WENT ALL OUT. and my teacher loved it! I loved my fourth grade teacher. When I had trouble with math, she would ask if I needed help after school, then fed me cookies. She also lived in the same town as the school, and one day after school she brought her puppy for me to play with. I cried the last day of school because she wasn't my teacher anymore. BALLED my eyes out. That was the first and last time I was a teachers favorite, and I think I cherished it very much so haha
    -Oscar Wilde

Do people ever tell you you're mercurial, or joke that you seem bi-polar?
    One of my best friends since childhood is ENFP 7w6 so/sx... And one of the things we were asked repeatedly in our teen years was "what are you guys on and can I/we have some?" haha. <-This was not meant as an insult... nor was it put forth as a clever way of saying...'wow, you guys are sure full of happiness and energy." No, ever single time this occurred it was a genuine, straightforward, practical "share your drugs with us" question. And when we would explain that we were not under the influence of any kind of tangible/material substance...I can remember looks of suspicion - I'm not even kidding you. Looks as if to say..."You know if you didn't want to share you could have just said so...you didn't need to make up some elaborate story..."

Was your extraversion very apparent from an early age? I have read that a lot of ENFP's started out dreamy and seemingly introverted, before they figured out a way to bring their Ne to the masses (Robin Williams and Russell Brand for instance, both claim to have been pretty withdrawn kids). Or were you just adorable little chatterboxes since you were little?
    I've always been both...dreamy and off in my own world/introverted... or if I'm in the right mood for it and I'm around interesting people I will be extroverted/social.

Enneagram

It must have been kind of nice to have NF parents in one way. I mean, don't get me wrong, good parents are good parents, but I find my ISTP father has a hard time understanding where I'm coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Most epic dad ever

Ha! There's something about ENFP girls and mermaids...maybe we should start a thread! Ariel seems pretty ENFP too (The disney version mind you, the fairy tale version seems super INFP).

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    One of my best friends since childhood is ENFP 7w6 so/sx... And one of the things we were asked repeatedly in our teen years was "what are you guys on and can I/we have some?" haha. <-This was not meant as an insult... nor was it put forth as a clever way of saying...'wow, you guys are sure full of happiness and energy." No, ever single time this occurred it was a genuine, straightforward, practical "share your drugs with us" question. And when we would explain that we were not under the influence of any kind of tangible/material substance...I can remember looks of suspicion - I'm not even kidding you. Looks as if to say..."You know if you didn't want to share you could have just said so...you didn't need to make up some elaborate story...

I've always been both...dreamy and off in my own world/introverted... or if I'm in the right mood for it and I'm around interesting people I will be extroverted/social.
    Cool. Thanks for responding Starry!

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te