User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Thread: Ask an ENFP

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by skippythecat View Post
    ok, I'm just going to ask here instead of the relationship forum cause I don't want to start a thread, and I figure it's easier to draw enfp fellas. :p

This question is probably beaten to death many many times, but I am wondering....how does a low-key/mellow enfp male show their interests? This person is super, duper friendly and nice to everyone (NOT flirty at all) but I fear that some things he does he is unaware of. He is quiet and somewhat shy (or at least I feel like around me).....But I've heard that if a guy/girl is interested in you, they'll find time to hang out with you and stuff like that. We do chat online but chatting irl is more complicated.
    I find it hard to hide my interests, really. If I was really interested in a girl, she'll know soon enough. Like, it'll be impossible for her not to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Have you ever dealt with intense fear? Fear of being insignificant or trapped or having never done anything?
    I don't know about intense fear, but I sulk over never having done anything just about every day.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by skippythecat View Post
    ok, I'm just going to ask here instead of the relationship forum cause I don't want to start a thread, and I figure it's easier to draw enfp fellas. :p

This question is probably beaten to death many many times, but I am wondering....how does a low-key/mellow enfp male show their interests? This person is super, duper friendly and nice to everyone (NOT flirty at all) but I fear that some things he does he is unaware of. He is quiet and somewhat shy (or at least I feel like around me).....But I've heard that if a guy/girl is interested in you, they'll find time to hang out with you and stuff like that. We do chat online but chatting irl is more complicated.
    I find it hard to hide my interests, really. If I was really interested in a girl, she'll know soon enough. Like, it'll be impossible for her not to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Have you ever dealt with intense fear? Fear of being insignificant or trapped or having never done anything?
    I don't know about intense fear, but I sulk over never having done anything just about every day.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Do ENFPs get shy?

When do they go introverted?

Where does aloofness fit in?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by calb View Post
    Do ENFPs get shy?

When do they go introverted?

Where does aloofness fit in?
    Yes, we do get shy. I'm shy when i'm either bored or completely uninterested in a group setting or atmosphere, or the complete opposite if I feel intimidated or nervous I'll be very shy. we are aware of what is socially acceptable, and a lot of us ENFPS don't like a lot of social rules. A lot of the times when I'm shy is when I feel like I have to be something I'm not to fit into the setting i'm in. basically if we don't see the fun or pleasurable/important cause we will be shy

My introverted side kicks in when I've really used all my energy, which is very easy to do. I'm either up or down, but not like bipolar or anything. I just invest myself fully into whatever i'm doing using all my extroversion my main skill I rely on, and then after I get what I need from it and i'm tired of talking. I need to be alone, and I don't really enjoy being alone at all. But when I know i'm mentally drained and have to use traits like sensing and introversion and thinking to understand what I want, I have to be alone because those drain me a lot in a group setting if i'm not being supported.

hahahaha being aloof is very present in my life. I tend to be aloof when i'm bored, and boredom is often a sorta passive aggressive sadness for me, I love learning but I get very distracted and bored easily. I'm also a younger ENFP so I need to work on that. I put myself into my own little world when I'm bored so i'm not sad and basically play mind games alone. That is when i'm very aloof. Or when i'm either drained and tired and I need to distract myself from not being cranky. So boredom and tiredness is when I think most ENFPS are aloof. And you can tell very easily, we have easy understandable dramatic expressions, unless were poker facing on purpose for the fun of it

I hope this helped!
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

Enneagram

Do people ever tell you you're mercurial, or joke that you seem bi-polar?

Was your extraversion very apparent from an early age? I have read that a lot of ENFP's started out dreamy and seemingly introverted, before they figured out a way to bring their Ne to the masses (Robin Williams and Russell Brand for instance, both claim to have been pretty withdrawn kids). Or were you just adorable little chatterboxes since you were little?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Do people ever tell you you're mercurial, or joke that you seem bi-polar?

Was your extraversion very apparent from an early age? I have read that a lot of ENFP's started out dreamy and seemingly introverted, before they figured out a way to bring their Ne to the masses (Robin Williams and Russell Brand for instance, both claim to have been pretty withdrawn kids). Or were you just adorable little chatterboxes since you were little?
    I became more introverted as I got older. I was a really friendly and talkative kid. A total ham too. Asked a billion questions and was excitable. I think I was like *pure* Ne basically when I was a kid. As I got older, I started getting more reflective and have become increasingly introverted as a result.

Also I've never gotten mercurial or bipolar remarks. But I can kinda turn from happy to serious out of nowhere. People have accused me of being rebellious or 'preachy' because if this.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Forever_Jung;2269611]Do people ever tell you you're mercurial, or joke that you seem bi-polar?[/B] all the time, everyday, always. But... 1. it's very fun for me to be spontaneous I love little mind games, I'm sorry. 2. I could refrain from it, but I would be so bored all the time. It's like an act we do not because we're actually bipolar, because we like being playful. 3. It's super amusing to see the looks on peoples faces when I get very serious, it's almost like a confidence boost.

I've been tested for bipolar as well, and I'm in the clear

Was your extraversion very apparent from an early age? Oh hell yes.

I have read that a lot of ENFP's started out dreamy and seemingly introverted, before they figured out a way to bring their Ne to the masses (Robin Williams and Russell Brand for instance, both claim to have been pretty withdrawn kids). I never wanted conflict, I wanted fun for ME 24/7 so I would be a brat to my parents, but I would abide in social rules in school and be sorta of a kiss ass but not really? just so my freedom and fun was never risked. I was more quiet young like 6-12 because I was more observing people more and I really never wanted to offend anyone haha, I stood up for the underdogs every chance I had. I was little unnecessarily over dramatic at times when I thought someone was being oppressed LOL. but then I would let it go like nothing happened.

Or were you just adorable little chatterboxes since you were little? I was pretty adorable. I wasn't a chatterbox... I wanted to play barbies and make believe and talk about all that jazzy creative stuff 24/7 I loved animal planet and would observe all the animals so I could reenact them on point when I pretended to be in the jungle with my friends. Turning 11 was rough for me because no one wanted to make believe anymore and everyone kept swearing.. and I was getting called a baby D: so I forced myself to become the coolest teenager...EVER... and it didn't work out to well...
    yay
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I became more introverted as I got older. I was a really friendly and talkative kid. Asked a billion questions and was excitable. I think I was like *pure* Ne basically when I was a kid. As I got older, I started getting more reflective and have become increasingly introverted as a result.
    Thanks for responding! I wanna ask another one that is sort of targeted at YOU, but can still be answered by an old ENFP:

I notice you have a Mark Twain quote in your signature, do you find you relate a lot to things Ne-dom authors say, or at least the wya they express themselves (Dickens, Wilde, Hunter S. Thompson, Elizabeth Gilbert, Kurt Vonnegut, whoever else you can think of)?

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth_perhaps View Post
    yay
    Oh...you made that hard for me to quote! I totally relate to the make-believe transition during the tween years. I suddenly looked around and was like: What happened? Why is everyone playing sports and kissing?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

hahaha, I'm sorry I get confused on how to quote and answer things properly on here. I just wanted to be a mermaid, and everyone else wanted puberty. WHATEVUUUUR.
    -Oscar Wilde