• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Ask an ENFP

deep rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
What's the difference between a quieter high Fi ENFP and an INFP?

I'm confused on how some ENFPs are just as withdrawn as introverts.. do they still feel ENFP, in some stereotypical way, even when they're like that? And how so?

Remember, being an introvert doesn't mean you're withdrawn or quiet.
I'm not full of bursting energy, but I'm not an introvert - introverts are wired differently. ENFPs don't *need* quiet and alone time; however introverts have a natural preference for it.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Have you seen the movie UP? You know the pack of dogs

find the bird, find the bird, find the ..... SQUIRREL....

*giggles*

I feel like that you know..... clean the house, clean the house, clean the...... oooo pretty......

or OOOO PHONE

or OOOOO COMPUTER

lol

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
What's the difference between a quieter high Fi ENFP and an INFP?

I'm confused on how some ENFPs are just as withdrawn as introverts.. do they still feel ENFP, in some stereotypical way, even when they're like that? And how so?

edit: Slimmed down my post.. Need to keep to the point.

sort of like what I got out of Satine's post, it ended up coming down to a matter of preference. Fi is a judging function, while Ne is a perceiving function...so the way i understand it, this means that Fi makes decisions or judgments about the environment based on internal evaluation of values, while Ne is more oriented towards gathering information and future possibilities in response to the environment

while i test really high for Fi, when i narrowed it down i realized that Fi was more of a support system for Ne. I'm a lot more inclined to keep myself open to new information, and prefer it this way but sometimes this keeps me from making a decision when it's necessary. Fi then comes in and helps me cut off Ne when i need to.

How do you react to Te then? *I'll ask this to all ENFPs*

when it wasn't very well developed i'd dismiss it or otherwise react to it negatively because it was..well more ridgid than i was used to. Now that it's better, i use it at my discretion in order to reign in my Ne when i start feeling like I need to, mostly with school stuff but i also find it really helpful when i am trying to express a problem with a friend or sort out unhealthy Fi.

Ne wants to put every single bit of research into my paper because it sees all of it as relevant to the point and doesn't want to leave anything out. Fi knows it's necessary to discriminate in order to make my strongly-felt point but is too busy evaluating how I feel about all the information :smile:

But Te realizes that i have a 10-page limit so it wades through it all and sorts out which information is really needed and which is redundant, "unnecessary" or will just obscure my point. it then organizes these thoughts (i usally do this visually) and decides on how to present the information in a streamlined way and ensure that i, you know, make some sense.

What did you have for lunch today?

A protein bar and a glass of milk, mmmm

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I believe the difference is in the fact that Ne still bails them out of trouble. At least..that's how I decided to go for ENFP instead of INFP. When asked how I get myself out of a tough spot, I won't use what I believe is right as an INFP would to stay the course or re-assess the situation, I check out my options and have Ne pull a rabbit out of a hat so to speak. I also love others through Fi. I use Fi to connect to others, to reach out to them, whereas INFPs would use Ne for that.

lol me too!! before discovering ENFP i thought i was just a particularly amoral INFP...

What did you have for lunch today?

ritz bitz.

How do you react to Te then? *I'll ask this to all ENFPs*

i LOVE Te.

it lets me make things organized and open and clear and flowing and pretty.

Ne still rules over it though hence stylized grammar and run-on sentences. :D

ENFPs don't *need* quiet and alone time; however introverts have a natural preference for it.

lol well i definitely need quiet and alone time, but i still like to be surrounded by ideas. just not always noise or people interacting with me. i especially like to work on my own with other people around me, as opposed to working explicitly together or explicitly alone. it's nice to have someone for companionship and to bounce ideas off but also nice to do my own work.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Quiet extraverts feed off people and will seem to observe though energy is more engaged or active. Introverts will get stressed or tired much faster in the same situation. Introvert presence can be strong but it does not feel engaged in the same way.

I had a small platter of antipasta for lunch today. Yummy.

My secret wish is to live free and wild, to love fiercely and to be completely fearless. I want to make a real impact on the world. But, I guess these things arenlt really secrets. :D

I use te for organizing groups and events planning. These things come naturally for me. Also helpful for speaking clearly and efficiently dealing with issues that piss me off. Te helps make up for a lack of J.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My secret wish is to live free and wild, to love fiercely and to be completely fearless. I want to make a real impact on the world. But, I guess these things arenlt really secrets. :D

You summed it up perfectly. Whereas all ENFPs may not be able to identify with that, I certainly do.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Lets make it a foursome?

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Can I have your stuff?

silicadrink.jpg

Ye-- -No. :( I am now a. ...zombie woof.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, I can accommodate you then. You can touch it for $5.

i'll give you a nickel if you tickle my pi...

never mind :dry:

incidentally, i'm in too, which brings the number up to six, which in Latin means sex. :D

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Why do we talk without thinking?