Thread: Ask an ENFP

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Please tell us how you people sniff out or spot intjs. It's an undeniable talent you people have.

Also tel me why is it that enfps are adverse to normal male persuasions?

The first queation might be a joke :p.
    Not sure what you define as ' normal male persuasion'

As for the sniffing, it s an Si stored Ne pattern recognition. Iow, the stick up the ass, stern death glare puzzled demeanor when encountering us is like a beacon. Mostly coz they usually dont look at me disapprovingly, at least not till we actively prod them. And thats a huge difference from the rest of the population. They just observe and take inventory. They do the Fi homework needed toassess us correctly - if they consider us worth the study - like @chubber in fact demonstrated here. What is he doing, if not taking the time to process and research the creature that has caught his eye - with no assumptions as to her motives, just curiosity and follow through to find out. No short cuts, no half assing, no prejudice - just honest work.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I can't be sure exactly what you mean by this, but I think it has something to do with authenticity. When people seem to be playing by the rules, it's kind of a sign they're doing a thing, rather than doing themselves.
    Thank you.
    As simple as this may sound it makes perfect sense.

Edit - now go fight with your nemesis .

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Not sure what you define as ' normal male persuasion'

As for the sniffing, it s an Si stored Ne pattern recognition. Iow, the stick up the ass, stern death glare puzzled demeanor when encountering us is like a beacon. Mostly coz they usually dont look at me disapprovingly, at least not till we actively prod them. And thats a huge difference from the rest of the population. They just observe and take inventory. They do the Fi homework needed toassess us correctly - if they consider us worth the study - like @chubber in fact demonstrated here. What is he doing, if not taking the time to process and research the creature that has caught his eye - with no assumptions as to her motives, just curiosity and follow through to find out. No short cuts, no half assing, no prejudice - just honest work.
    Thank you. This is however an advance scenario where the enfp has taken a bit of interest or has begun the seduction process.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Thats an assumption
    Just because she looks out for him, doesnt mean its seduction or even interest in that sense. Sure, it is likely she is a bit inteigued by him or enjoys his company, but that does not mean she is aware or consciously setting a goal to check him out in that capacity. Thats what he is doing!

We tend to be intrigued by people for different reasons and engage people readily as extraverts. This is how an enfp sniffs out 'sparks' or potential for any type of bond with people, and its hardly advanced. In fact, id call that stage 1- aka the first stage after the initial sniff

Ime, intjs either act oblivious to the initial sniff- which is why you wanna try a few times, properly spaced out to retrieve optimal data/feedback - or they start their own evaluation process of you, occasionally seeking you out for more data. In fact, after my initial pinging, they usually take over the show and take initiative in setting the pace for contact. All i have to to is reply and follow direction

Thank you. This is however an advance scenario where the enfp has taken a bit of interest or has begun the seduction process.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENTj

Dear ENFP,

In the event of being stalked by an ENFP, how can I get away without being sniffed, tackled, or harassed, by the insanely energetic and joyful ENFPs that are within 100 miles of me.

- An NTJ with no more will to run.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice94 View Post
    Dear ENFP,

In the event of being stalked by an ENFP, how can I get away without being sniffed, tackled, or harassed, by the insanely energetic and joyful ENFPs that are within 100 miles of me.

- An NTJ with no more will to run.

Sniffing you cannot avoid, but ignoring us works pretty well, and if it doesn't, use the words: Thanks but im not interested, so I would appreciate some personal space. Nothing personal.'

Most enfps will - sulkingly so - respect free will and free choice, as well as personal space
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Also tel me why is it that enfps are adverse to normal male persuasions?
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I can't be sure exactly what you mean by this, but I think it has something to do with authenticity. When people seem to be playing by the rules, it's kind of a sign they're doing a thing, rather than doing themselves.
    Perfect answer.

I have a special fondness for guys who are both socially graceful and blunt. The ones who have practiced how to play nice if they want, but also willfully disregard playing nice when they choose to. I love knowing that my partner can be a classy gentleman when the occasion merits it, but will also call it like it is when the occasion merits it.

As for not being as attracted to "normal" guys and "normal" game... eh. I think normal guys are nice but they already get girls and they're already relatively happy. I like the undiscovered gems better. And even with the relatively normal ones, I like cracking them open and finding the unusual aspects of them. It's pleasant to revel in the freedom of weirdness, and it's pleasing to soothe someone's anxiety about their weirdness and affirm them for who they are, warts and all. There's nothing more satisfying than being able to be truly openly myself around my partner and welcoming him to be truly openly himself, too. He's gorgeous inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    How do ENFPs feel about INTJs romantically.
    Are you naturally drawn to INTJ or would you rather prefer the ISTJ?
    I tend to find INTJs attractive, but sometimes I can feel like INTJs are too "mature" for me, if that makes sense. I am a very serious person and it is very pleasing to me if my partner has a good dose of levity. Same for ISTJs.

I have a personal fondness for SJs but I think ENFPs on the whole probably are more attracted to INTJs.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Do you folks consider yourselves to have superior cleverness to that of those ultra-witty ENTPs?
    Nah, they win. I do feel like I can be better at using my cleverness/resourcefulness in a way that builds people up individually, though. ENTPs can be fun and inclusive but they can also be a little cruel and dismissive. I think that for ENFPs, we enjoy being witty too, but we'll generally rein it in if it's going to come at the expense of someone else feeling bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Whats your approach to aesthetics? What usually catches your eye visually?
    In terms of decorating, I love a combination of organic, elegant, comfortable, and heartwarming.

In terms of just generally catching my eye, anything that strikes me as cozy and ethereal.

WALMART

What are your least favorite commonly correlated attributes with being ENFP?

Which ones do you think are accurate?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    How do ENFPs feel about INTJs romantically.
    Are you naturally drawn to INTJ or would you rather prefer the ISTJ?
    I wish I had the opportunity to date one. Would be all over that.
    Have dated an ENTJ- and it's my kryptonite. But the lack of empathy is draining.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    What are your least favorite commonly correlated attributes with being ENFP?

Which ones do you think are accurate?
    Least favourite: manipulative, slut, unreliable, flaky, cruel, do not know what they want, airhead, has nothing of import to contribute, all fluff, ditzy, intentionally leads people on, power-hungry, attention whore, intentionally take advantage of people with their charm, blow hot and cold, drama queen, not to be trusted.

Bolded are , at least for me, true, but only the flakiness and unreliability in certain areas is something I havent figured out yet how to quantify, address, and have a good reason for. Iow, i have good reasons for being those other things and I can explain them OR it is a difference in priority between me and those who see that quality as more important or more inclusive.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I get this impression that @Amargith is a ninja. My understanding of ninjas is that they blend in and then suddenly all hell breaks loose.