User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Cool How to Locate an INFJ

Have you ever wondered who might be an INFJ? :confused: I have some information that you might find useful. These tips could lead you to finding this personality type. It takes one to know one, but I am not speaking on behalf of others. Just remember that everyone is different and nothing is a sure thing.

An INFJ demeanor can range from either appearing sad to lost in thought to slightly angry or irritated. Of course I have known some with a more outgoing and overall happy demeanor. A lot of times their face can be easily read by how they are feeling at the moment. They may appear slightly rigid in body movement, like they can't quite become comfortable being in public.

When speaking, an INFJ might use a lot of exasperated sighs when speaking about something in general. However, when hitting topics they know best and love they can sometimes become more upbeat and gregarious. And almost to the point of appearing to be someone else for the time span of their conversation.

An INFJ will open up to a close friend, someone they trust deeply. And often their conversations might have a lot to do with helping others or being overly concerned about someone or something they know well. Their compassion shines through which contradicts with their reserved, sometimes cold facial expressions.

Tips , warnings :17026:, and such ...
    •It's not easy befriending an INFJ, but when you do it's because they have learned to trust you. The best thing to do is not push them to open up when they don't want to..let them come to you..
    •Approaching an INFJ with an agenda will not likely put you on their "good" side or gain a possible friendship with them..
    •Be yourself, an INFJ will know when you aren't being authentic..

*Be aware that INFJs often look like INFPs, INTJs and ISFJs.*

Sorry for my emotion spam.

:spam2:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Cool Some more stuff...

Watch their body language. INFJs are quiet. In social situations, the INFJ is often uncomfortable. They prefer one-on-one contact to group interaction. Approval or disapproval can often be seen in their facial expressions. An INFJ walks erect and with purpose and they appear to be focused on where they are going. The INFJ also tends to be uncoordinated and is likely to bump into a table or trip on a step.

Listen for verbal clues. An INFJ uses a lot of figurative language with deeper meaning. Because of the unconscious nature of their dominant function, Introverted Intuition (Ni), the INFJ will often seem to ramble as they search for the right words. Parasitic words such as "like" or "um" litter their speech as they attempt to express themselves coherently.

Get in touch with their feelings. INFJs use Extraverted Feeling (Fe) to express themselves. Using Fe, an INFJ will use language to express their values. It drives them to go to great lengths to promote harmony. Extraverted Feeling motivates the INFJ to help others. Fe also causes an INFJ to do things because it is appropriate. They care how they are perceived by others.

Check out what they're wearing. An INFJ will choose appearance over function. Their outfits are usually conservative and coordinated. INFJs usually consider expensive clothing to be a luxury as opposed to a necessity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by DJAchtundvierzig View Post
    Watch their body language. INFJs are quiet. In social situations, the INFJ is often uncomfortable. They prefer one-on-one contact to group interaction.
    Well first off, thank you for posting this. I especially enjoyed your smilies (speaking of, what is up with this one TC? ). I see myself in all of these points, with the exception of being uncomfortable in social situations. I feel like people often stereotype introverts to be noticeably socially awkward and uncomfortable, like we're hermits with Asperger's or something. I might be on the more outgoing side of the spectrum of introverts, but let's remember, there is a spectrum. Often, people become more comfortable socializing as their confidence grows, so I think that to say that it is based off of a preference for introversion or extroversion is a little off. Quiet yes, but uncomfortable... varies from each individual

Are extroverts more naturally confident you think? Hmmm... maybe

(Sorry to vent all over your post)
    whose world is this?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Language.. I just listen to their language.
    It is fool proof. Either you speak it, or you don't.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

Excellent post. I really identify with all of this, especially the part about facial expression. I can't count how many times people have asked me if I was sad/depressed or why I'm so "serious."

Although I don't use "like" or "um" very often, it does take a great deal for me to be coherent verbally, especially when I'm really passionate about something. I go off on tangents and have to be reminded to get back to the point. I love writing so much for a variety of reasons but one of them is because it gives me more time to get out everything I want to say without interruption.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightfancy View Post
    Well first off, thank you for posting this. I especially enjoyed your smilies (speaking of, what is up with this one TC? ). I see myself in all of these points, with the exception of being uncomfortable in social situations. I feel like people often stereotype introverts to be noticeably socially awkward and uncomfortable, like we're hermits with Asperger's or something. I might be on the more outgoing side of the spectrum of introverts, but let's remember, there is a spectrum. Often, people become more comfortable socializing as their confidence grows, so I think that to say that it is based off of a preference for introversion or extroversion is a little off. Quiet yes, but uncomfortable... varies from each individual

Are extroverts more naturally confident you think? Hmmm... maybe

(Sorry to vent all over your post)
    E or I, I think it's generally a matter of sensitivity. Some folks have a fairly calloused (read, exercised and thick-skinned) sensitivity that doesn't fear contact a whole lot, while others have highly-sensitive (and thus easily pained) sensitivities. I count myself among the latter, and while I would almost rather be this way, it does come with challenges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Language.. I just listen to their language.
    It is fool proof. Either you speak it, or you don't.
    I guess I don't speak it. I would never be able to spot an INFJ by their language. What exactly is distinct about their language? What makes their language different from an ENFJ or an ISFJ? Obviously if you knew the INFJ for awhile, you would begin to see these things more clearly, but initially (upon first meeting them or getting to know them), what language should I be looking for?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFJ

It's a Guy: E or I, I think it's generally a matter of sensitivity. Some folks have a fairly calloused (read, exercised and thick-skinned) sensitivity that doesn't fear contact a whole lot, while others have highly-sensitive (and thus easily pained) sensitivities. I count myself among the latter, and while I would almost rather be this way, it does come with challenges.
    This is a really good point. Why would you rather be this way? I am this way and I can't quite decide...

INTPness : I guess I don't speak it. I would never be able to spot an INFJ by their language. What exactly is distinct about their language? What makes their language different from an ENFJ or an ISFJ? Obviously if you knew the INFJ for awhile, you would begin to see these things more clearly, but initially (upon first meeting them or getting to know them), what language should I be looking for?
    Yeah, Arclight, tell me too! What language is this that we speak?
    Last edited by mochajava; 08-23-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: fixing code

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

"Language" is metaphorical folks..

If you don't know what I mean. Then maybe you need to go back to NF university.
    I can spot likewise people because they are my people.. same tribe, same language..

If you need a more elaborate explanation than that.... well...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    "Language" is metaphorical folks..

If you don't know what I mean. Then maybe you need to go back to NF university.
    I can spot likewise people because they are my people.. same tribe, same language..

If you need a more elaborate explanation than that.... well...
    LOL. Well, you said "looking at their language" was fool proof. It's not fool proof for me. I guess you were just saying that it's fool proof for you only - or for other NFJ's.

I know what you mean because I can usually spot an Ne user fairly easily.

And, yes, I know that you meant language in the metaphorical sense. What I was asking is what makes it different than other Fe users. I wasn't looking for exact phrases that INFJ's might use. That would be silly. But, since this thread is about "how to spot an INFJ", I guess all I can gather from your post is that I should look for Fe type language, which I already knew. Is there anything more specific about their metaphorical language than this?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay