User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    LOL. Well, you said "looking at their language" was fool proof. It's not fool proof for me. I guess you were just saying that it's fool proof for you only - or for other NFJ's.

I know what you mean because I can usually spot an Ne user fairly easily.

And, yes, I know that you meant language in the metaphorical sense. What I was asking is what makes it different than other Fe users. I wasn't looking for exact phrases that INFJ's might use. That would be silly. But, since this thread is about "how to spot an INFJ", I guess all I can gather from your post is that I should look for Fe type language, which I already knew. Is there anything more specific about their metaphorical language than this?
    It's familiarity.. I guess yeah, If I am Fe/Ni then I can spot it so easy in other people, especially now that I know what Ni and Fe are ( I had been mislead at one time)
    But it's also language directly, or what a person DOESN'T say.
    I guess I should have qualified that it's only fool proof for me.
    I assumed if you speak my language , you would know exactly what I mean.
    But you are cursed with INTPness , and that is rough. so I offer my condolences

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Too many emoticons to read through :horor:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    But you are cursed with INTPness , and that is rough. so I offer my condolences
    Ha ha. Thank you for your sympathy. If you need help with your homework, just let me know.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Ha ha. Thank you for your sympathy. If you need help with your homework, just let me know.
    How's you capacity for remembering in generic and Brand names and their classifications for pharmacology?
    I have to have 60 of them memorized by Thursday, and I think I have about 6 committed to memory at this point.

Can you help me improve my inner RAM??

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    How's you capacity for remembering in generic and Brand names and their classifications for pharmacology?
    I have to have 60 of them memorized by Thursday, and I think I have about 6 committed to memory at this point.

Can you help me improve my inner RAM??
    Yeah, just learn 1 "class" at a time. Take the first class and write down all the drugs that fall in that category in alphabetical order. Just focus on the very 1st drug in the 1st category. Learn that 1 drug in 5 minutes. Then go do some other stuff. Then come back 30 minutes later and learn the 2nd drug. Keep repeating this throughout the day until tonight you have them all memorized (only 1 class).

Tomorrow, do the same thing for class 2. Wednesday, class 3. Do 2 classes per day if you need to.

The key is to not focus on all 60 drugs. Too much info. Just take 1 drug at a time, learn everything you need to know about that one drug. Then, give yourself a break. 30 minutes later, learn drug 2. In 3 days, you'll know all 60 drugs. Be sure to give yourself a quiz each night before you go to bed. Like tonight, make yourself write down each drug in class 1 - by pure memory. Don't cheat. By the end of today, you have to know (by heart) every single drug in category 1. Make it happen. Report back with results.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    This is a really good point. Why would you rather be this way? I am this way and I can't quite decide...
    Because being oversensitive makes me take greater care not only with myself but with how I impact others. This leads to being single a lot, since expressing admiration for another begins to feel like intrusion if it is not instantly returned (which it usually isn't, regardless of possible outcomes with a more ~aggressive~ stance)... but yeah, I'd rather be too careful than not careful enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

I'm probably hard to type for the average person. I'd think even INFJs might mistake me for something else... I think it's partially because I'm very good at switching to Fe when I'm in public. I can kind of "turn off" or "balance" my Ni to some extent when dealing with others and focus more on them than what I believe INFJs are supposed to. That probably makes me seem more extroverted. However I also talk in order to feed my Ni if that makes any sense. If I can get you to talk I can learn more about you. I'm also rather the multitasker at times, and I work well in small groups, too. Anyway, I automatically grasp who are extroverts and introverts in small groups and I automatically talk to introverts more (usually after I have observed their body language and I am certain they wouldn't object to participating).

But yeah, I'm not terribly quiet, in general... Then again, I am typically more forward and talkative around my friends. Around new people I am a lot more quiet. I will say some things, but they are usually answers to questions, and the occasional question posed in order to give me a better understanding of who they are. I suppose the image I try to put forward to people I don't know is a professional one, "genuinely interested in you and what you have to offer".

I guess people don't always know right away how much information I have on them by the time we part, and I'll be honest; I like it that way, because I know some people would be uncomfortable. I don't see any point in misusing information I have deduced, but some people might get paranoid.

However, my degree of extroversion in small groups often depends on my mood. I've perplexed my friends with this before. We meet new people and they expect me to start talking to them and asking them questions but I've wandered off elsewhere after the introductions. Haha...

However, I would say that I probably fit the bill for a physical description of an INFJ... Thin, long face, glasses are a nice bonus (even though I hate mine), conservative, comfortable clothing/dressy clothes (I like to look professional).
    NaNoWriMo 2010 [[Nahe: Iveor]]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I never notice who INFJs are until we start talking about MBTI. Then all of the sudden it will dawn on me, 'Ohhhh they're an INFJ.. of course!'

Despite being an INFJ myself, I'm not able to spot them in the wild.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Excellent post/OP. I've never been able to identify one IRL that didn't tell me.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Excellent post/OP. I've never been able to identify one IRL that didn't tell me.
    I'm still kinda new to the Typology Central lingo, what does OP mean?